- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Al Akhawayn University
Avenue Hassan II, PO. Box 1675, Ifrane 53000, Morocco
I would like to express my interest in applying for a Math teaching position with you. I hold a Master's degree in Math Education from Brooklyn College, New York and I have many years of experience teaching Math at Brooklyn College Academy and also at AlAkhawayn School of Ifrane. Throughout these years I have acquired a variety of skills and competences that made me a professional and effective teacher. I would like also to mention that I taught Discrete Math the summer of 2012 with the school of science and engineering which had a significant impact on my career by increasing my knowledge and understanding of the subject. By the way, the student evaluation of my summer teaching by AUI students reflects the strength of my teaching pedagogy and excellent classroom management skills. I believe very strongly that my educational background along with several years of teaching experience in the field of Math make me a very strong candidate. I will attach a summary of my resume for review. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at:
06-57-51-0223/212-06 52 70 4848
AUI Math Instructor & ASI Math Teacher
School Of Science & Engineering
Al Akhawayn University
Avenue Hassan II, PO. Box 1675, Ifrane 53000, Morocco.
Phone:+212-53586-3255/ 212-06 52 70 4848
The School of Science & Engineering (SSE), Al Akhawayn University
• Teaching Discrete Mathematics.
o Exponential and logarithmic functions: their basic properties and their graphs.
o The properties and the graphs of the exponential and logarithmic functions.
o the Basic concepts of mathematics of finance
o Use of the Matrix operations:
o Modeling and solving linear-programming problems; using the simplex method, minimization and duals.
o probability and statistics
o The discrete random variable, the expected value, variance and standard deviation.
Al Akhawayn School of Ifrane
• Teaching Mathematics for 5th to 10th grades.
• Instructing the 5-10th grade levels in Algebra I & II, and Geometry
• Preparing the math lesson plans, delivering lectures, and engaging the students in discussion process
• Creating teaching material, providing it to the students, and applying the strategies of teaching Math
• Providing them the best practice lessons for being efficient in Mathematics
• Leading student-directed classes facilitating them to work together.
Brooklyn College Academy
• Taught Math A classes: seventh grade and eight grade double period, ninth grade and 11 grade single period,
• Prepared lesson plans, class exams, and homework assignments
• Built good relationships with parents from different cultures
• Informed parents with their kids daily activities and levels of study
• Logged in students' data daily in a data book.
• Used different educational websites such as gradekeeper.com, study-island, voice thread.com and Engrade.com.
• Was a member of a mathematics research organization(social semiotic lesson study group)
Mid-Wood High School
• Taught double period and single period, Math A classes
• Prepared lesson plans, class exams, and homework assignments 2001-2002
Office Assistant, in Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY
• Handled multiple phone lines and completed clerical tasks
• Communicated effectively with students and professional staff
• Provide individual and small group tutoring to students
• Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis and helping them with class materials and problem solving strategies
• Provide progress reports and regular evaluations to assess students and verify completion of tutoring sessions
Other Professional Activities and Awards Received
• Former Reagan High School cheer- leading coach
• Active member of the School PLC
• Active member of the PTA