Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Innovation expertise in Beauty & Fragrance marketing.
From March 2006
Leading strategy, license relationship, global marketing, creative & product development for new global & emerging
market license development. Manage multiple fragrance brands including two successful celebrity franchises, Halle
Berry & Celine Dion. Skilled in license identification & management, innovation, creative & financial management.
o Leading innovation strategy for new "white space" opportunities; Segment focuses Teen Girls, Men & Brazil.
o Successfully translate Halle Berry's sexy confidence, inimitable glamour & beauty into a breakthrough sales & marketing unanticipated global success (+35% above sales plan).
o Maintaining a +10 year celebrity fragrance portfolio. Capture the personality of the superstar Celine Dion, as a fragrance, by capitalizing upon Celine's sparkling energy, emotional voice & triumphant personal story.
Translating her aura into one of Coty's largest woman's fragrance franchises with over $950MM in retail sales since 2003. Launched the 17th fragrance, March 2014.
• Previous strategic brand leader, product development & global P&L manager for the House of Baby Phat by Kimora
Annual net sales
Lee Simmons & Phat Farm by Russell Simmons
March 2006 - September 2010
prestige licenses (March 2006 - September 2010). Successfully built
licensor trust & turned around an extremely contentious business relationship. Annual net sales +44MM at peak.
• Managed development & execution for a Coty Inc. luxury brand, La Voce by Renee Fleming for the Met Opera.
Vice-President Marketing/Product & Director of Company
September 2003 - January 2006
Managed & developed all US Marketing & Product initiatives for the launch of over 600 HBA skus & over 10 Boots of
Britain developed & licensed product brands. Launched an innovative consultant supported "store in store" concept in Target & CVS. Brand offerings: Skincare, Color, Hair, Bath/Body & an innovative Well-Being segment.
• Strategic brand leader of all related US marketing, product strategies & budgets.
o Strategic developer & manager of agency relationships for Advertising, Media & PR.
o Developed & drove execution of marketing, product selection & promotional programs.
o Led team of 5 of 15 employees.
SUPER-MAX (Privately Held Razor & Toiletries Company
February 2003 - August 2003
President US & General Manager, Sales & Distribution of an Upstart
KNOWLEDGE & MERCHANDISING INC
March 2000 - February 2003
Introduced & developed US retailer distribution for the #2 British line of innovative shaving oils, gels & skincare,
King of Shaves, & an undeveloped designer fragrance license, Ted Baker, No Ordinary Fragrances.
• Increased sales over 6 consecutive quarters from $0 to $10MM & established distribution in 2,000 doors
• King of Shaves - Negotiated & implemented business development deals with major mass & drug retailers such as Target, Duane Reade, & Walgreens.
• Ted Baker - Negotiated & implemented launch & business plans: Saks, Nordstrom, Sephora & Bloomingdales.
• Developed launch & implemented a cost-effective marketing advertising campaign using radio & print.
• Chief press spokesperson. Obtained major press coverage in national & regional publications, TV & radio.
• Hired & managed administrative & sales management team across the US
• Finalized quarterly business plans, finance, legal distribution agreements & operational guidelines/reports.
Senior Marketing Manager
March 1999 - March 2000
• Managed marketing of the global Frizz-Ease brand with sales of $100MM
• Managed Marketing, P&L, R&D, Packaging, Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Media, PR, Sales Analyses.
• Developed & launched several ground breaking Frizz-ease hair care products; led idea generation, brand
innovation & marketing mix development.
Successfully managed marketing development team across marketing mix: product/packaging concepts for a
line of sports performance personal care & food products for a proposed Tiger Woods license initiative.
Marketing Manager, American Fragrances
Managed all aspects of worldwide marketing strategies for 8 Prestige American Designer Fragrance brands,
including the Elizabeth Taylor (ET) licensed fragrances, with portfolio sales of $100MM.
• Managed creative, marketing, promotions & launch P&L implementation 1998 relaunch of ET's White Diamonds
• Increased global sales (+$20MM) & ranking from 10 to 8; turned around flat to declining trends in 5 prior years
May 1996 - February 1999
Unilever Performance (new initiative to launch a sports performance line for Tiger Woods)
Global Product Manager
House of Chloe Fragrances
Led brand team that launched Chloe Innocence, in Europe - launch sales of $15MM.
MERCK & CO INC. Finance Positions in Treasury, Financial Services & Clinical Trials Contract Management
JOHNSON & HIGGINS Managed Insurance Broker Portfolio for Tiffany & Co, Estee Lauder, IBM, Colgate, etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Clifford J. Scott
CENTER FOR CREATIVE LEADERSHIP
Howard University, School of Business
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more