- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Innovation expertise in Beauty & Fragrance marketing.
From March 2006
Leading strategy, license relationship, global marketing, creative & product development for new global & emerging
market license development. Manage multiple fragrance brands including two successful celebrity franchises, Halle
Berry & Celine Dion. Skilled in license identification & management, innovation, creative & financial management.
o Leading innovation strategy for new "white space" opportunities; Segment focuses Teen Girls, Men & Brazil.
o Successfully translate Halle Berry's sexy confidence, inimitable glamour & beauty into a breakthrough sales & marketing unanticipated global success (+35% above sales plan).
o Maintaining a +10 year celebrity fragrance portfolio. Capture the personality of the superstar Celine Dion, as a fragrance, by capitalizing upon Celine's sparkling energy, emotional voice & triumphant personal story.
Translating her aura into one of Coty's largest woman's fragrance franchises with over $950MM in retail sales since 2003. Launched the 17th fragrance, March 2014.
• Previous strategic brand leader, product development & global P&L manager for the House of Baby Phat by Kimora
Annual net sales
Lee Simmons & Phat Farm by Russell Simmons
March 2006 - September 2010
prestige licenses (March 2006 - September 2010). Successfully built
licensor trust & turned around an extremely contentious business relationship. Annual net sales +44MM at peak.
• Managed development & execution for a Coty Inc. luxury brand, La Voce by Renee Fleming for the Met Opera.
Vice-President Marketing/Product & Director of Company
September 2003 - January 2006
Managed & developed all US Marketing & Product initiatives for the launch of over 600 HBA skus & over 10 Boots of
Britain developed & licensed product brands. Launched an innovative consultant supported "store in store" concept in Target & CVS. Brand offerings: Skincare, Color, Hair, Bath/Body & an innovative Well-Being segment.
• Strategic brand leader of all related US marketing, product strategies & budgets.
o Strategic developer & manager of agency relationships for Advertising, Media & PR.
o Developed & drove execution of marketing, product selection & promotional programs.
o Led team of 5 of 15 employees.
SUPER-MAX (Privately Held Razor & Toiletries Company
February 2003 - August 2003
President US & General Manager, Sales & Distribution of an Upstart
KNOWLEDGE & MERCHANDISING INC
March 2000 - February 2003
Introduced & developed US retailer distribution for the #2 British line of innovative shaving oils, gels & skincare,
King of Shaves, & an undeveloped designer fragrance license, Ted Baker, No Ordinary Fragrances.
• Increased sales over 6 consecutive quarters from $0 to $10MM & established distribution in 2,000 doors
• King of Shaves - Negotiated & implemented business development deals with major mass & drug retailers such as Target, Duane Reade, & Walgreens.
• Ted Baker - Negotiated & implemented launch & business plans: Saks, Nordstrom, Sephora & Bloomingdales.
• Developed launch & implemented a cost-effective marketing advertising campaign using radio & print.
• Chief press spokesperson. Obtained major press coverage in national & regional publications, TV & radio.
• Hired & managed administrative & sales management team across the US
• Finalized quarterly business plans, finance, legal distribution agreements & operational guidelines/reports.
Senior Marketing Manager
March 1999 - March 2000
• Managed marketing of the global Frizz-Ease brand with sales of $100MM
• Managed Marketing, P&L, R&D, Packaging, Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Media, PR, Sales Analyses.
• Developed & launched several ground breaking Frizz-ease hair care products; led idea generation, brand
innovation & marketing mix development.
Successfully managed marketing development team across marketing mix: product/packaging concepts for a
line of sports performance personal care & food products for a proposed Tiger Woods license initiative.
Marketing Manager, American Fragrances
Managed all aspects of worldwide marketing strategies for 8 Prestige American Designer Fragrance brands,
including the Elizabeth Taylor (ET) licensed fragrances, with portfolio sales of $100MM.
• Managed creative, marketing, promotions & launch P&L implementation 1998 relaunch of ET's White Diamonds
• Increased global sales (+$20MM) & ranking from 10 to 8; turned around flat to declining trends in 5 prior years
May 1996 - February 1999
Unilever Performance (new initiative to launch a sports performance line for Tiger Woods)
Global Product Manager
House of Chloe Fragrances
Led brand team that launched Chloe Innocence, in Europe - launch sales of $15MM.
MERCK & CO INC. Finance Positions in Treasury, Financial Services & Clinical Trials Contract Management
JOHNSON & HIGGINS Managed Insurance Broker Portfolio for Tiffany & Co, Estee Lauder, IBM, Colgate, etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Clifford J. Scott
CENTER FOR CREATIVE LEADERSHIP
Howard University, School of Business
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania