Claim you profile
Assistant Vice President, Director
Catastrophe Forecasting and Analysis Department
From March 2007
• Recognized and promoted from Director to Assistant Vice President within three years, while acquiring greater financial responsibilities for leading international insurance organization.
• Adeptly collect, aggregate, review, and assess catastrophic billion dollar loss estimates, having individual catastrophic losses at $10M+ from all business areas of Company, while tracking approximately 63 catastrophic losses quarterly.
• Skillfully prepare and execute detailed summary loss estimate reports for CEO of AIG, CEO of Chartis, and various senior management, providing impacted analysis of quarterly developments.
• Instrumental in preparation and quality control review of Department of Insurance reporting for catastrophe losses.
• Devised improved reporting process for Department of Insurance, requiring stringent quality control component while ensuring accuracy.
• Liaise with accounting, actuary, and financial planning groups, coordinating quarterly catastrophe loss reporting.
• Evaluate and execute Major Loss Event Alerts valued at $5M+ with in-force policy information, promptly informing senior management.
June 2006 - March 2007
Director, Project Management Project
April 2004 - June 2006
• Identified by Executive Vice President of Litigation Management and other senior claims management to team with staff of three to analyze and enhance communications across Claims organization.
• Facilitated nationwide focus groups for approximately three months, acquiring employee feedback.
• Proficiently implemented claims-wide resource website to include information regarding claims organizational structure, technologies available, and links to useful external websites for claims professionals, etc.
• Initiated program for senior management to host video conferences and memo updates to all staff.
• Adhered to Six Sigma Performance Management Program.
Lorraine Sagaard Mick firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations
June 1999 - April 2004
June 1997 - June 1999
Litigation Management Group
January 1994 - June 1997
• Expertly directed overall operations of Litigation Management Group, including 400 employees, 24 law offices, and with budget of $55M.
• Proactively oversaw financials and performance improvement for division, establishing more efficient administrative staff undertaking check issuance and claim input, introduction of voice recognition software, and pooling of resources nationally instead of locally.
• Improved attorneys billing information for increased reimbursement, boosted number of assigned litigation files to Staff Counsel by developing tracking metrics, established operations policies for Staff Counsel, Legal Audit, and Litigation Home Office groups, diligently oversaw budgets, expenses, and receivables, and developed Staff Counsel Intranet Website.
• Collaborated with human resources, accounting, claims, and senior management to maximize resources and comply with corporate mandates.
• Successfully facilitated focus groups regarding restructuring of 24 law offices.
• Liaised with systems group to develop and improve in-house diary and billing applications for attorneys.
• Created and executed marketing presentations for new and existing business, directed publication and distribution of internal marketing materials for Litigation Group, and oversaw production of annual, quarterly, and ad hoc publications.
• Spearheaded and implemented performance improvement programs, including: dashboard reports and monthly office calls for assignment reviews, percentage of available assignments, duration of file to closings, and legal cost of file, improving numbers in all areas given Actuarial Department validation.
• Devised and launched Pay for Performance Compensation Plan for 200 attorneys: developed set of critical weighted areas for evaluation and assessed scores to each area and aggregated, totaled increase compensation allotted to whole group, and distributed based on statistical deviation from mean.
• Developed skills improvement training for employees, and...
Citibank Private Banking Group
February 1993 - January 1994
• Efficiently managed budget planning process for high-net worth Private Client Group Division for approximately 500 people.
• Skillfully prepared monthly Management Profitability Report for Market Region Analysis.
• Accurately reported Private Bank's monthly results for consolidation purposes.
• Adeptly maintained salary files for forecasting and planning.
Qualifications & Certifications
Finance and Management Science
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.