Claim you profile
Performance-driven professional with combined expertise in HR management and HR project management. A successful problem solver and decision maker who effectively balances the mission of the organization with the needs of employees.
Expertise & Knowledge: Employee Relations - Benefits Administration - Organizational Development - Strategic Management - Employment Law - Conflict Resolution - Compensation Mergers and Acquisitions - Leadership Development - Succession Planning
Human Resources Consultant & Executive Coach
From January 2013
• Consult with clients on all human resource processes and practices including, salary and performance management, HRIS implementation, recruitment process, conflict resolution, disciplinary situations, compliance, succession planning, mergers & acquisitions.
• Partner with HR leadership on Employee Relations, EEO and OFCCP Compliance matters and advise on best practices. Employee handbook update and development.
• Develop management training/success profiles. Partner with managers to increase their understanding of HR practices and improve their management skills.
• Provide guidance through various HR related procedures; such as, benefits administration, open enrollment, ESOP engagement, etc.
• Analyze organizational or client centered HR problems and recommend solution.
• Provide advice to senior management and recommend course of action, based on relevant laws, operating guidelines and policies.
• Identify and develop training solutions that are related to and support the business strategy.
• Audit, review and analyze job descriptions, FLSA classifications and compensation plans.
Human Resources Manager
TWD & Associates
May 2007 - January 2013
• Member of executive staff reporting to CEO. Introduced operating plan strategies, objectives, and tactics with reporting process to drive results. specializing in human capital management
• Directed all HR aspects including, benefits, compliance, recruitment, organizational design, incentive plans, change management, and operating "rules of engagement" to bring 3 semi-autonomous divisions together as "one face to the customer.
• Administrator of corporate cafeteria plans: 401k, ESOP and 5500. Senior advisor of federal contractor labor and employment laws, clearance requirements, and conflict resolution.
• Project Manager of installation and implementation of UltiPro HRIS & payroll System.
• Developed and implemented new policies and procedures resulting in unprecedented early buy-in by employees.
• Created recruitment strategy, process and training, which reduced hire-time significantly. Reduced hire process by 30% and turnover by 19%.
• Facilitated cultural change with new performance management review process, new compensation & development structure (career bands), new policy/ employee handbook and professional development matrix
Director Human Resources
American Home Mortgage
• Provided consultant services to senior management on employee relations, benefits and policy administration.
• Managed a team of 13 direct reports and supervised all aspects HR and semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls. Reviewed and approved all payroll changes to ensure accuracy, supported by documentation and in accordance with company policies and guidelines
• Consolidated redundant functions, standardized practices and reduced turnover by 22%.
• Developed management and employee training programs. Implemented ADP HRIS system.
• Restructured and developed standard operating procedures and policies.
• Analyzed statistical data to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
• Partnered with management to increase the understanding of HR practices.
employee relations and personnel records management
Human Resources Business Partner
Unity Health Care 2005-2006
• Oversaw a wide variety of human resources functions essential to the operations of 23 clinic locations encompassing management and information systems, recruitment, procurement, training, healthcare, employee relations and personnel records management.
• Provided guidance and expertise to clinical managers on professional/organizational development and performance, staff specialty training and utilization.
• Directed all employee relations and internal investigation matters.
• Implemented ADP HRIS System and supervised compensation-benefits administration.
• Oversaw strategic planning and restructuring of the Human Resources department.
• Established and revised policies and procedures.
Human Resources Manager/Consultant
State of MD. Gov
Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project
• Directed the overall provision of Human Resources services, recruiting, employee relations, policies, and procedures for a team of contractors.
• Liaison member of the State of Maryland's HR department.
• Managed and administered all HR activities for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project.
Oversaw and directed full scope of HRIS implementation of UltiPro, ADP and Ceridian software products. Assigned teams, followed progress and ensured product testing to success before going live.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more