planning operation and total commitment that adds value
Forester with B;:Tech from Saasveld , Diploma in Project Management , Diploma in Management Development , Higher certificate in Occupational Directed Education with EPTD SETA and Diploma in HRM ,have more than 17 years experience both public and private sector
From August 2013
Management of commercial forestry in Ithuba, a land restitution project, with Wattle, Pine and Gum Plantations which includes planning operations, budgeting, human resources management, and overall control of all activities, data validation and updating annual plans of operations, mapping updates.
• Working with conservation agencies on conservation and environmental issues.
• Implementation of safety procedures at workplace
• Managing harvesting operations especially bark, wattle and gum operations.
• Human resources management and performance management including staffing development.
• Harvesting and timber management of the area, planning schedules for deliveries to mills and transportation of timber to zones and mill.
(KZN) Clerk Grade
Department of Finance
01.02.1983 to 31.04.1984
Filing, expenditure control, processing salaries
Attending to teacher's quires in KZN.
Procurement and tendering
Selection and interviews
Department of Agriculture (KZN) Forester - Kwagubeshe
01.12.86 to 31.04.88
Controlling treating plant
Planning protection services operations
Dealing with communities on participatory approach and land tenure issues from communities surrounding or adjacent to the forest.
Department of Chief Minister (KZN) Community Development Officer
District Forest Officer
DAFF Eshowe area office
February 2003 - August 2013
Ensure participation with other departments in evaluation of impact assessments, implementation of fire danger rating system within ZFPA, which is informed by National Veldt and Fire Act and development of fire protection strategies within the area of responsibility.
*Development of DWAF database for improving service delivery and involving local communities to participate meaningfully in their own development that improves socio-economic of communities in KZN.
• Management of commercial forestry in Eshowe district which includes planning operations, budgeting, human resources management, fleet control, administration, communication with stakeholders and overall control of all activities, data validation and updating annual plans of operations, mapping updates.
• Implementing strategies to involve locals in contracting on Silvi-culture, harvesting and weeding, thereby promoting effective working relationship and local empowerment on local economy but using industry norms and checking output thereafter.
• Implementation of safety audits in accordance to Principles, Criteria, Indicators and Standards (PCIS) which ensures proper management of Estates or Plantations same as ISO or FCS, this includes updating of compartments data, working schedules and working cycles plan and environmental issues, all socio-economic issues of the audits, proper harvesting by contractors and payments or collection of revenue from Eshowe District Plantations.
• Facilitated employee wellness program sustaining our workers livelihood, encouraging establishment of vegetable gardens and other projects.
• Reduction of soil erosion and management of rehabilitation program by Richards Bay Mineral near Richards Bay , area leased by DWAF and DME , ensuring that EIA recommendations is adhered to and practiced in the whole planting project , mostly adherence to safety rules and NOSA rules
• Attending to human relations within the area of responsibility , which includes leave records , death...
CMIP and DWAF
June 2002 - January 2003
• Report writing, typing, tender's control
• Communication on CMIP and DWAF Projects
• Purchasing and procurement
• Selection of contractors
• Development of contractor performance management system.
• Administration within Municipality in accordance with local government, Public Finance Management Act, Municipal Finance Management Act.
• Compile budget, according to Municipal Act, 1999.
• Co-ordinate business plans and reports
• Management of projects and strategic interventions
• Facilitation of communal involvement in Municipal Activities, especially youth and sports within Zululand District Municipality and management of land claim issues which includes working with land claimants on sustainable forestry in a participatory approach.
• Facilitated renewal of Integrated Development Plan and maintained service delivery in accordance with municipality act, in a sustainable manner.
Loss control , vehicle control and safety representative
August 1999 - May 2002
01.08.1999 to 31.05.2002
• Control of performance management system within Dlinza District and formulation of retention strategy.
• Encouragement of bio-diversity conservation with DWAF areas of responsibility.
• Loss control , vehicle control and safety representative
• Human resources management in Dlinza District, chairman of interviews and selection.
• Encouraged better working relationship with Parks Board, Working for Water, SAPS, Traditional Leaders, Interested groups around Conservation issues in Dlinza District.
• Implementation of Disaster Management Act No 57 of 2002, Fire Brigade Services act, Veldt, and Forest Fire act of 1999.
• Disaster management and Fire control.
• Handling land tenure issues around Greater St-Lucia Wetland Park
Zululand District Municipality (Senior Administrator)
Kwazulu Finance and Investment Cooperation
November 1991 - January 1994
Advising on finance matters
Overseeing loan repayment
Attending to tender documents
Projects for community upliftment identification
Training staff and communities in project administration
Drafting strategic plans and documents
SAPPI FORESTS -ZULULAND KWA-MBONAMBI (Management Forester)
01.02.94 to 31.07.1999
Educating communities with importance of greening and trees to human life.
Education communities, youth, women on fire awareness
Mapping and Issuing of permits
Maintaining linkages with traditional leaders
Issuing of tenders to Small Contractors and supervision of tenderers, monitoring payments and progress, training contractors on health and safety policies that would affect work performance.
Budget control and aligning to set norms and standards, using industry norms, safety talks (ppe, sanitation, hygiene and control of injury or incidents on duties, effect use of work place forums, to build relationships with employees.
Implementing agreements from ZFPA which included common boundaries burning and checking equipment for fire readiness.
ISO 14001 implementation in SAPPI Zululand area , training contractors on audit requirements , reporting , implementation of corrective actions , implementing feedbacks and addressing complaints, identification of hazardous equipment or environment thereby reporting to responsible managers
Undertaking environmental audits in consultation with local communities and contractors and implementation of administrative systems which includes filing and creation of data.
Adherence to top quality management, doing right things first time thereby saving costs.
Reporting to higher management in meetings, monthly and giving feedbacks and training.
DWAF (Dukuduku, Eshowe and PMB) District Manager
Mentor and guide emerging contractors
May 1988 - October 1991
on forestry extension issues and establishment of out grower scheme
Linkages with traditional leaderships on projects implementation
Identified projects with communities and improve management of such projects in line with budget and help project interaction.
Helped in land tenure issues and liaised with all stakeholders on land issues that would be used in project implementation, aligning in participatory management approach.
Supervision of staff
Qualifications & Certifications
University of KZN
University of KZN
Personnel and Training Management
Institute for people Development
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more