Senior Manager - Engineering/Technology Product
Global Functional Manager, Turbine Generator Technology
Engineering Manager, Site Leader
Motor Technology CoE, GE EM
Custom Product Engineering, GE Industrial
Ultra Motors (India) Pvt. Ltd
January 2006 - April 2007
* Responsible for Motor Engineering & Development team working on battery operated Electric vehicle
* Transformed patented Motor technology in to an engineered product to be used for Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) application in India & further developed vendor base for commercial production.
* Led the engineering team to select supply source for power pack, designed products to meet Indian application conditions including Validation and Certification by approving authority in India.
* Collaborated with Chinese businesses to develop BLDC Motor & Controller supply chain for LEV
Senior System Engineer, Underground Mining - GE Transportation
General Electric co., India Engineering Organization
Project Leader, Appliance & Motion System Motors and PCTO
* Develop & implement multi generation product road map for UG mining, build team & integrate acquired business.
* Promoted culture of "One Team One Goal" resulting in over 20% improvement in NPI design review score card. Drove strategic initiative to identify/prioritize technology advancement ideas that help differentiate product. 11 ideas prioritized.
* Constantly worked on setting realistic performance Goals leading to customer success and significantly enhanced Engineering "Say-Do" metric and responsiveness. Introduced performance tracking tool engaging employees in the process.
* Lead GE Motors Technology Center of Excellence team as site leader providing technical direction consistent with Business strategy, Goals & Objectives and delivered exceptional results. Developed & retaining talent resulting in < 3.5% attrition.
* Established sustainable Innovation culture by creating necessary eco system, structured technical training/learning and stake holder engagement creating over 65 Disclosures and 17 Patent applications in 2 years
* Delivered consistently on NPI programs & Engineering objectives providing clear direction through robust review mechanism, focus on execution and continuous improvement.
* Built effective Product Cost Take-Out (PCTO) to execute multiple projects in small Motors through scoping, cost-benefit analysis, I & E planning, Payback calculation, Project planning monitoring.
Senior Engineer - Starter motor development
September 1999 - November 2002
* Responsible for Development & Application of Starter motor for Passenger car & 3W - proto sample building, testing/validation & field / application trials at OEC
* Contributed in ancillarisation (outsourcing) & cost reduction projects as a key team member
* Eliminated Quality issues in production line & Zero Km (OEC) & Field reported complaints.
* Introduced new Terelene insulation replacing PVC insulation on coil saving of ~ 30 Lac Rs
* Developed Plastic brush guide replacing metal brush guide resulting in 18 Lac Rs
* Successfully developed innovative concept of starter motor with Integral pole on stator.
October 1994 - September 1999
* Contributed to design & development of several new products including, Cost-effective "INTEGRAL & BI-POLAR DC MOTOR" for Industrial duty application; "PMDC SOLAR PUMP MOTOR" to reduce customer complaint and enhance reliability; "BRUSHLESS DC TORQUE MOTOR" for space application; "SUPERCONDUCTOR MAGNET" for Nuclear application; "HIGH FREQUENCY CONVERTER SET" for defense application.
* Learnt electrical design, preparing Engineering specification, drawings, process sheets, prototype development & inspection plan to meet ISO 9001 QUALITY SYSTEM.
* Functioned as a production engineer heading a product shop. Gained extensive knowledge of product manufacturing, material planning and running monthly production program.
* Learnt work flow & cost analysis, plant layout optimization & process improvement in plant.
* Functioned as In-process inspector of DC machines & Section In-charge - Material Quality. Responsible for implementation of ISO 9001 quality system, carrying out training programs, conducting Vendor quality rating & vendor development.
* Analyze customer complaints & Test-bed Non-conformance and initiate necessary CA/PA.
* 3 patents, 7 disclosures, 1 proprietary process development
* Global recognition - "EVERYDAY EXCELLENCE AWARD - IMAGINATION & COURAGE"
* "MANAGEMENT AWARD" product cost reduction through Engineering
Qualifications & Certifications
Electrical Power System