I have a Diploma in Community Services, Financial Counselling and also I have just successfully completed my Diploma in Chaplaincy. My preference is to work in the prison system to assist not only prisoners but their families as well after seeing the financial hardship imprisonment can bring to a family.
Managing Financial Counsellor
Rockingham Salvation Army
From June 2010
Manage paid office staff of 4.
Manage volunteer staff of 25
Manages the following programs, Positive Lifestyle Program,
Food Cents Program, Emergency Relief Work, and has received a YMCA
Statement of Attainment.
Educate clients in fundamental financial literacy skills.
Providing advocacy to clients experiencing financial difficulty.
High level of knowledge of financial counseling skills including legal,
educational and human services disciplines.
Consistently upgrading knowledge of financial counseling through attending seminars and workshops including interstate travel.
Developed and implemented basic cooking skills course for clients under financial stress.
Consistently meets required KPI's and maintains all bookwork, filing and
Statistical information to a very high standard.
Able to exercise a high level of judgment without bias in all casework.
Manages both the Emergency Relief and Emergency Services food levels
To ensure both are fully stocked at all times.,
Volunteering at Rockingham Salvation Army
Rockingham Salvation Army
From April 2009
Collecting for Salvos from pubs on Friday nights
Assisted in emergency relief interviews with clients
Assessing eligibility of clients to receive funding
Starting up library for homeless to coincide with soup run
Attending to calls and greeting clients in a friendly and sympathetic way
Completing and assessing NILS applications for suitability
Assisting in duties in Op-shop when required
Community Support Worker
Tanderra Mens Hostel
December 2009 - June 2010
Communicate with residents
Dispense medication according to strict procedure policy
Looking after general wellbeing of clients
Ensure all clients are fed at meal times
Clean up meal area after clients are finished
Ensure clients hygiene
August 2008 - December 2009
* Supervised staff after only a short period of time ensuring time constraints were met and all jobs completed.
* Providing services to clean offices and classrooms
* Twice employee of the month, including second month of employment.
* Contributed to the renewal of contract due to high level of competency
July 2004 - August 2008
* Became carer for 3 year old. son with severe speech impediment, travelling from Rockingham to Fremantle up to 3 times per week for therapy to ensure he would fit into mainstream schooling.
* Attended physical therapy sessions on a weekly basis to assist son with speech improvement.
Owner/Manager of 3 stores in Perth and Darwin
Wendy's Supa Sundaes
May 2000 - July 2003
* Increased turnover by 40% in Darwin stores over 16 months
* Increased brand vision through sponsorship of community events (Darwin Tennis Open, NT Pearls National Hockey Team).
* Successfully negotiated 5/10 year leases with centre owner, Lend Lease.
* Maintaining and lodging quarterly profit and loss statements
* Managing staff, ranging from 15-37 years of age including training in all aspects of retailing, store presentation, stock control and cleanliness (including strict adherence to HACCP procedures).
* Managed weekly inventory to ensure costs maintained to acceptable levels.
* Successful completion of franchisee training including OHS & E
* Contributed to tenancy meetings and Chairperson/Member of several Steering Committees on various issues related to the tenancy.
* Coordinated and negotiated advertising costs with shopping centre to improve growth.
* Received successful audits on quarterly basis
* Asked to give a speech and to demonstrate selling skills to other franchisees within 3 months of commencement.
Customer Service Officer
* Provided service at a front desk level for 3 years then promoted to assisting loan enquiries.
* Assisted management in opening and closing of branches, following strict security procedures at all times.
* Coordinated tellers to ensure staff were on at allocated times, eg; lunch breaks were covered and peak times were adequately covered at all times.
* Member of OHS Committee
Balancing of large amounts of cash on daily basis for over a 10 year period.
Professional and Quality Service
Achievement oriented and motivated
The ability to work on facts while still being empathetic
Excellent communication skills in a range of situations
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
Proven track record in meeting budget and sales targets
Ability to analyse situations and solve problems to achieve the best outcome for all parties
Ability to work with and to delegate staff to appropriate duties
Strong commercial and business acumen
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma's of Community Service & Financial Counselling
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more