Fifteen plus years of professional work experience including: production supervision, project management, print buying, publication production, writing, copy-proofing, editing, customer service and resource facilitation.
- Experienced in complete graphics, inter-departmental project management, client consultation, print buying (web and sheetfed), negotiating and budget analysis; resourcing vendors, production methods, & new technology. Hiring and resourcing of freelance talent: photographers, copywriters, designers, models, etc.
- Purchasing of packaging, POP, annual reports, 4 color premiums, specialty print buying (4 color, silk-screening, lettershop work, diecutting, color output, negatives, etc.). First purchased digital printing in 1995.
- Extensive knowledge of 4 color print production, pre-press qualifications; PC and Mac proficient.
- Experienced in color proofing, color correction, press checks and materials trafficking.
- Writing, editing, conceptualization and design experience.
- Software includes: QuarkXPress, Adobe PageMaker, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe PhotoShop. Working knowledge: Adobe Freehand, Microsoft Excel, Adobe InDesign. First used precursor to FTP in 1995 at The Gary Group.
- Began publications work in junior & senior high school; Douglas Byrd Junior and Senior, Fayetteville, North Carolina, 1976-1980; writing,
Print Production Manager, Writer, Copy editor
January 2000 - April 2013
Writing, editing, design, photography, print production, print production management, print buying, print CSR, consultant – Published: In Jerusalem, The Jerusalem Post Magazine, The Jerusalem Times - Al Biladi, Search For Common Ground (sfcg.com), The International Center (Bethlehem, West Bank), Cornerstone (Sabeel Center, Jerusalem), The Santa Monica Daily Mirror, Interact (University of Edinburgh, Faculty of Divinity), This Week Magazine, procrastination,com, Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs (PASSIA - passia.org), Jerusalem. 1986 to present
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more