Claim you profile
I have over a decade experience as a systems trainer.
Co-Owner/Lead Trainer and Tech Writer
January 2009 - January 2009
A communications company specializing in Mobile, Personal Finance, Financial Services, Global English, and Emerging Technologies, 2.0.
• Training Materials
• User Manuals
• Online Help
• Quick Start Guides
• White Papers
are just some of the documents we can create. Clients include: Wells Fargo Wholesale Loan Services, Samsung Techwin, FuzeBox, Fluidigm Corporation, SavySoda
August 2008 - January 2009
• Outline and design training courses.
• Design and then create meaningful instructional materials.
• Design and then create online training tutorials, in particular for FUZEMeeting (the screencasts can be seen on YouTube at: http://fuze.me/2Kr -- search for keyword "training".)
• Partner with marketing and sales and to develop technical learning objectives and requirements.
• Provide internal training as required on Salesforce.com and FUZEBox.
Sr. Training Specialist / Mortgage Performance Consultant
Wachovia Mortgage, FSB
September 2006 - July 2008
Sr. Training Specialist
• Partnered with field-based leadership to develop technical learning objectives and requirements.
• Outlined and designed 2 curricula of related courses, and stand-alone courses on an ad hoc basis.
• Created training materials and job aids for training delivered by department.
• Delivered training in the classroom or one-on-one, troubleshooting computers as needs arose during field training.
• Provided Tier II technical support as part of department’s Help Desk.
• Became departmental Subject Matter Expert, testing and learning about all new software or upgrades in order to lead change.
• Coached field employees on a variety of topics.
Mortgage Performance Consultant:
• Developed a training agenda that would meet learning objectives.
• Designed and then created meaningful instructional materials to accompany the agenda.
• Developed project training schedule.
• Delivered training to originators and leaders of all skill levels.
Editorial Assistant, Executive Assistant
Lynne Rienner Publishers
August 2003 - August 2006
Lynne Rienner Publishers (LRP) is an independent academic publisher. Collaborated with Lynne to recruit publishing projects from scholars around the world. Helped guide projects from proposal to book, liaising with other departments as needed. In addition:
• Negotiated 30-40 translation and English-language reprint deals annually, including contracts.
• Attended conferences (African Studies and Latin American Studies) to staff LRP booth, this included selling books and recruiting new publishing projects.
June 2002 - July 2003
Project ensured all loan field employees had a minimum level of technical ability, which allowed WS&L to successfully deploy a new loan origination system across North America.
• Created training materials, including two instructor manuals and web-based post-training exercises, in one month.
• Developed technical skills assessment to judge training needs of field employees.
• Facilitated initial Train the Trainer session and then provided direction and leadership to 15 field trainers in 12 states, including coordinating training logistics for 17 sites in assigned territory.
• Delivered training to a minimum of 1000 employees, including some with no PC experience.
• Acted as UAT tester of ALPS while in development and helped create training documentation.
January 2001 - January 2002
Facilitated mandatory orientation sessions and served as peer coach at ProSearch, a member-run EDD program for professionals searching for work in the Bay Area.
Freelance Trainer & Instructional Designer
Nutmeg Business Solutions
January 1997 - January 1997
• Apogee Solutions/WorkWise—Freelance instructional designer and trainer for company that specializes in Siebel, Oracle, Salesforce.com, Appirio PS Enterprise, and gMail/Google apps deployments. Clients include Salesforce.com, Yahoo!, Proctor & Gamble, ACT, NYSE Euronext, and Enterprise Business Partners.
• Axway—a global supply chain solution provider. Contracted with the Sales Academy team to design Intro to B2Bi.
• C3i—developed and delivered Veeva and SFDC (with pharma focus) training. Clients include Eli Lilly and Allergan.
• Clarity Consultants—Completely revamped new hire training for Wells Fargo Wholesale Loan Services Real Estate Records Management and Commercial Real Estate departments.
• Evantec—rolled out Siebel 8.0 to Juniper Network's EMEA sales team via vILT.
• LPW Training Services—rolled out Veeva (VMobile and Veeva Online) to Sunovion/Sepracor, OraPharma, Quintiles, and Vertex.
• Lawriters—a program that works with attorneys to improve their legal writing skills. As a field editor, this includes working with briefs, memos, and letters.
• TOA Technologies—contract trainer rolling out proprietary software that is the only cloud-based mobile workforce management solution suite.
• Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Latin American Program—copyedit and translate articles and chapters from Spanish and Portuguese into English. Using Quark Xpress and PageMaker, prepare books and newsletters for publication.
• Social Enterprise Associates—Write for their blog and desktop publish using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as required.
Littlefield Asset Management
January 1997 - January 2001
Ran business in order to allow David Littlefield to focus on research and portfolio management. This ranged from creating and documenting basic business practices, to outreach to clients, and generating client reporting.
August 1996 - May 1997
Taught the Introduction to Art History survey course and an Art Appreciation course at Spelman College, open to all students at the Atlanta University Complex.
Designed syllabi, chose content for interactive lectures or museum visits, developed exams and essays, and graded all material myself.
Also worked to update slide library for department when possible.
Emory University, Michael C. Carlos Museum
August 1994 - June 1997
• Researched objects on display in order to present half hour Food for Thought lectures.
• Worked on the interactive website Odyssey Online for the Education department.
• Verified information in collections database for Registrar. This included research of objects using museum files and other reference materials.
Library of Congress
August 1991 - August 1993
The Hispanic Division is a research department at the Library. The collection and outreach focuses on any where in the world where Spanish or Portuguese is written or spoken.
• Planned and organized 3-4 special events each quarter for division outreach to community.
• Led tours of special exhibits at library in English and Spanish for VIP guests
• Created Hispanic serial acquisitions database, which saved money by allowing area specialists to speed up their decision process and eliminating duplication in the collections.
I get the greatest pleasure out of getting into the classroom with people and showing them how to use a tool to do their jobs more effectively. It's mostly systems training, but I'm open to soft-skills gigs!
I've been doing a lot of CRM training development of late, particularly Salesforce.com
Qualifications & Certifications
ASTD Golden Gate Chapter
Bachelor of the Arts
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.