Employee Health & Well-Being / Corporate Wellness
Lisa G. Jing is Founder / CEO of Synergy at Work, Inc., a consulting company dedicated to transforming the workplace into an environment where people are their whole and best selves. Lisa specializes in an integrated, whole-person approach to Employee Engagement which emphasizes Employee Health and Well-being as a cornerstone of company culture.
Prior to starting her own company, Lisa was recognized as a thought leader in health and wellness solutions in the corporate sector. As Senior Program Manager on Cisco’s award-winning employee health initiative, Lisa developed strategies and implemented programs to enhance the well-being of employees and their families. Her focus was integration of mental and physical health to build greater resilience and sustainability in both individuals and organizations; development of industry leading metrics to optimize the human capital management strategy; and innovative approaches to explore how health and well-being contribute to overall employee engagement.
Lisa is a popular speaker and panelist at corporate and industry events and a current faculty member with Learn It Live, a leading edge online education platform. She is a lifelong learner having been an Assistant Trainer and graduate of Peak Potentials Quantum Leap Business and Personal Development Program. She is also an Advisory Committee member for Wellness Works!, a workplace mental health program offered by Mental Health America of California.
Her passion is to bring more spirit to the workplace through organizational culture change and groundbreaking programs which foster integration of mind, body, and spirit. To facilitate adoption of a whole-person approach, Lisa created The Diamond Model of Integrated Health and Well-being, a distinctive conceptual and structural framework for designing health initiatives.
Lisa holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Loyola Marymount University and a B.A. in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego
Synergy at Work, Inc.
From January 2012
Founder | Corporate Health Wellness Consultant
Leaders in the Corporate Health & Wellness Consulting Profession in the San Francisco Bay Area
January 2012 - January 2012
Attending networking events
Researching Industry Leaders
Tracking Industry Trends
Participating in Industry Discussions
Founder / CEO
Synergy at Work
July 2011 - July 2011
Synergy at Work is dedicated to transforming the workplace into an environment where people are their whole and best selves. We specialize an integrated approach to Employee Engagement through Corporate Wellness / Employee Health and Well-being, Inclusion / Diversity, and Passion at Work.
Peak Potentials Training
January 2011 - January 2011
Create high energy context for transformational personal and professional workshops / seminars. Warm-ups, bring-backs and content delivery to audiences up to 500 participants.
Program Manager, Global Health Engagement
January 2005 - July 2011
• 5+ years current experience as Sr Program Manager, Global Health Engagement for Cisco Systems, Inc. Program awarded 5 major industry awards within 4 years
• Champion / thought leader on mind / body / spirit integration for employee engagement, total health & well-being.
• Introduced The Corporate Athlete Program, a high impact, health enhancement program, which demonstrates compelling business case for holistic lifestyle practices to optimize employee engagement & sustained performance. Unprecedented demand & acclaim continue to grow. Developed messaging, metrics, & follow-up strategies to maximize program effectiveness.
• Launched MyBrainSolutions, a highly innovative, web-based brain assessment & training program. Generated 10% employee participation in the U.S. within first month of program launch.
• Implemented industry leading integrated health / human capital metrics to identify clinical trends & costs related to key modifiable health conditions, pharmacy utilization, health risks, interventions, & lost productivity
• Implemented communications strategy resulting in strong, positive, brand recognition for HealthConnections – Cisco’s health enhancement program. Key contributor to design, content, & user experience of all communication media including: web portal, PowerPoint presentations, printed mailers & postcards, email, newsletters, exhibit booth presence, WebEx teleseminars / webinars, & focus groups. Content manager & visionary for 13-part health education video series.
• Developed strategy & implemented multi-faceted integrated health program which includes: online health risk assessment, health screenings, health coaching, condition management, onsite fitness centers, café / catering service, onsite health center, & multi-modality health education program
• Behavioral health liaison partnering with global Employee Assistance Program providers & healthplans to promote integrated approach to mental / behavioral / physical health
Human Resources Manager
January 1999 - January 2004
• Led Global Diversity Education Initiative which raised awareness of individual & cultural differences & the opportunity to leverage differences for competitive advantage. Developed & deployed comprehensive Diversity Education Strategy utilizing multi-modality learning experiences including: web based, innovative e-learning, ASP portal, video, instructor led training / workshops, & blended solutions.
• Designed & deployed highly rated MicroInequities / Diversity Workshops focusing on executive leadership skills, diversity / inclusion awareness, & cross-cultural competence across multiple business organizations & geographies, including U.S., Europe, Asia, & Latin America
• Designed & produced highly commended Diversity video featuring 22 senior leaders presenting the business case for diversity & inclusion using interview quotes, music, newsreel footage, & graphics. Video was shown to top 300 senior executive leaders at Cisco’s annual strategic leadership offsite.
• Contributed to organizational paradigm shift from “buy talent” to “build talent” culture. Involved in competency modeling project & Career Roadmap Project which defined 7 distinct career paths across job families.
• Member of founding Core Team for Women’s Action Network – Cisco’s first Employee Resource Group focused on professional / career development of women in the workforce
• Contributed to design & delivery of foundational mentoring program which became best practice for subsequent mentoring programs. Conducted mentor and mentee training.
• Recruited, trained, and mentored 11 member Marketing Recruiting Team who supported multiple, diverse client groups in extremely demanding R&D organization. Team was recognized for professionalism & performance within a very short period of time.
• Successfully managed high requisition load in fast paced, complex environment
Passion Test Facilitator
Qualifications & Certifications
Quantum Leap Graduate
University of California, San Diego
The Passion Test for Business
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Loyola Marymount University