New Product Development Technologist/ Quality Co-ordinator with 15 years experience with 2 leading Irish companies, Bulmers and Dawn Meats. Possesses a wealth of technical knowledge gained from hands-on experience with a proven ability in laboratory analytical techniques. Proficient in project management, consistently meeting project deadlines. Accomplished in training other team members to a high level of competency. Believes that good team leadership and team participation are vital part of daily working life. Methodical, competent, self-motivated, energetic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
CBS High School
January 2012 - June 2012
•Responsible for setting up systems to ensure efficient running of 3 laboratories
•Responsible for all experiment set-ups, stock replenishing, solution preparation, daily audits.
•Calibrate and service laboratory equipment
•Work continuously with 6 science teachers to meet their daily requirements
New Product Development Technologist
• Worked in a team of 6 people developing new products and providing technical support to Production and Process departments in the alcoholic drinks industry
• Prepared, established and revised Technical Raw Material Specifications for all ingredients used for ciders, beers and spirits. Drew up/revised approximately 50 specifications every 6 months.
• Managed new product development projects from inception to completion, covering such areas as sourcing suppliers, testing ingredients, preservative validation, shelf-life testing and product stability.
• Worked continuously on Formulation and Liquid Development work
• Trained other 5 team members in chemical analytical methods
• Liaised with Production and Process departments on commercial trials
• Communicated regularly, via meetings and reports, with all departments across all levels
• Participated on Sensory panel for both ingredients and Finished products
• Involved in all aspects in the launch of new products. Worked on 2 brands (Bulmers Pear and Bulmers Berry) which went to market which led to increased company revenues
Initially I worked as QA Lab technician for over 10 years. During this time I determined percentage alcohol and preservative content in alcoholic samples. Also measured colour, pH, turbidity, specific gravity, dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide in a variety of alcoholic samples on a daily basis
I calibrated and serviced laboratory equipment on a monthly basis. Part of my duties also included training 25-30 people over 3 year period .I ensured analytical techniques in use were most up to date,planned and managed shift and overtime rotas for all laboratory staff
Working on problem solving inter-departmental teams also played vital role.
• Determined percentage alcohol and preservative content in alcoholic samples. Also measured colour, pH, turbidity, specific gravity, dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide in a variety of alcoholic samples on a daily basis
• Calibrated and serviced laboratory equipment on a monthly basis
• Trained 25-30 people over 3 year period
• Ensured analytical techniques in use were most up to date
• Planned and managed shift and overtime rotas for all laboratory staff
• Worked on problem solving inter-departmental teams
DAWN MEATS, Grannagh, Co
• Carried out routine microbiological checks on finished products, eg TVC's and also on water samples e.g. Total Coliforms
• Ensured correct hygiene practices adhered to on a daily basis. Reviewed and amended hygiene procedures to ensure critical levels maintained
• Issued reports, both weekly and monthly, appraising relevant persons of any issues
• Monitored and maintained traceability records for all slaughtered livestock
Qualifications & Certifications
Certificate in Applied bio0logy
Waterford Institute of Technology
Athlone Institute of Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more