New Product Development Technologist/ Quality Co-ordinator with 15 years experience with 2 leading Irish companies, Bulmers and Dawn Meats. Possesses a wealth of technical knowledge gained from hands-on experience with a proven ability in laboratory analytical techniques. Proficient in project management, consistently meeting project deadlines. Accomplished in training other team members to a high level of competency. Believes that good team leadership and team participation are vital part of daily working life. Methodical, competent, self-motivated, energetic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
CBS High School
January 2012 - June 2012
•Responsible for setting up systems to ensure efficient running of 3 laboratories
•Responsible for all experiment set-ups, stock replenishing, solution preparation, daily audits.
•Calibrate and service laboratory equipment
•Work continuously with 6 science teachers to meet their daily requirements
New Product Development Technologist
• Worked in a team of 6 people developing new products and providing technical support to Production and Process departments in the alcoholic drinks industry
• Prepared, established and revised Technical Raw Material Specifications for all ingredients used for ciders, beers and spirits. Drew up/revised approximately 50 specifications every 6 months.
• Managed new product development projects from inception to completion, covering such areas as sourcing suppliers, testing ingredients, preservative validation, shelf-life testing and product stability.
• Worked continuously on Formulation and Liquid Development work
• Trained other 5 team members in chemical analytical methods
• Liaised with Production and Process departments on commercial trials
• Communicated regularly, via meetings and reports, with all departments across all levels
• Participated on Sensory panel for both ingredients and Finished products
• Involved in all aspects in the launch of new products. Worked on 2 brands (Bulmers Pear and Bulmers Berry) which went to market which led to increased company revenues
Initially I worked as QA Lab technician for over 10 years. During this time I determined percentage alcohol and preservative content in alcoholic samples. Also measured colour, pH, turbidity, specific gravity, dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide in a variety of alcoholic samples on a daily basis
I calibrated and serviced laboratory equipment on a monthly basis. Part of my duties also included training 25-30 people over 3 year period .I ensured analytical techniques in use were most up to date,planned and managed shift and overtime rotas for all laboratory staff
Working on problem solving inter-departmental teams also played vital role.
• Determined percentage alcohol and preservative content in alcoholic samples. Also measured colour, pH, turbidity, specific gravity, dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide in a variety of alcoholic samples on a daily basis
• Calibrated and serviced laboratory equipment on a monthly basis
• Trained 25-30 people over 3 year period
• Ensured analytical techniques in use were most up to date
• Planned and managed shift and overtime rotas for all laboratory staff
• Worked on problem solving inter-departmental teams
DAWN MEATS, Grannagh, Co
• Carried out routine microbiological checks on finished products, eg TVC's and also on water samples e.g. Total Coliforms
• Ensured correct hygiene practices adhered to on a daily basis. Reviewed and amended hygiene procedures to ensure critical levels maintained
• Issued reports, both weekly and monthly, appraising relevant persons of any issues
• Monitored and maintained traceability records for all slaughtered livestock
Qualifications & Certifications
Certificate in Applied bio0logy
Waterford Institute of Technology
Athlone Institute of Technology