Claim you profile
LISA J SULLO / Creative Director / Designer
Lisa is a seasoned professional with a diverse graphic design background in brand strategy, identity development, corporate communication, marketing/promotion, editorial, infographics, and user-centered website design. She has held key creative roles with companies and institutions including the Architectural Heritage Foundation, The Boston Globe, Design & Co., Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Northeastern University, and Boston Magazine.
Lisa created and implemented the highest quality of sustainable brand and design standards for The Boston Globe’s company-wide business efforts and consumer marketing. She originated effective creative strategies for campaigns including Globe Santa, Newspaper in Education, Salute to Nurses, BostonWorks, Spotlight Team, and Globe Jazz Festival.
Lisa’s creative direction brings to the table a congenial and thoughtful approach with a commitment to an open, collaborative process. She engages with clients, to identify and articulate their needs into cohesive visual communication strategies and purposeful solutions that achieve results.
Lisa’s work has been featured in publications such as Logo Lounge, Print Regional Design Annual, Communication Arts, and Graphic Design USA. She has earned a variety of awards from the Society of Newspaper Designers, Hatch, International Newspaper Marketing Association, United Press International, National Association of Government Communicators, Sout
Brand Strategy + Corporate Identity
Design & Co
website design, infographics, and icon development
2006 - 2013 - Worked directly with clients, at the senior level, assisting them through the design
process of discovery, brand attribute development, concept development, messaging,
design development and production coordination
- Clients, from start-ups to established firms, locally and nationally, included top firms in fields of real estate, architecture, construction, engineering, and pharmaceuticals
- Project management of print and website design projects with a strong awareness of schedule, scope, and budget
- Skillfully articulated concept & design presentations
- Designed and executed D&CO studio-wide procedures, visual communication strategies,
presentations, and proposals
- Provided creative guidance and motivation to junior design staff
- Maintained and built trusting relationships with clients, design teams, photographers,
illustrators, writers, web developers and vendors
Marketing Design Manager
The Boston Globe
, Boston MA standards for company-wide business efforts, B2B and consumer marketing
1991 - 2005 - Developed and executed cohesive marketing design strategy for major campaigns
including: Globe Santa, Boston Globe Jazz Festival, BostonWorks, Globe Spotlight team
- Set and implemented design, typographic and photographic standards
- Directly supervised and provided creative guidance to a design team of 15, leading by example, to obtain high performance and award-winning work
Design Consultant - Art Director of Northeastern University Alumni Magazine
Boston MA - Art Director, Designer, and Illustrator for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
Bose Corporation, Houghton Mifflin Company
617-797 - 4503 RESUME: 0 2~ 0 2
Infographic Design Supervisor - Responsible for translating information from daily news meetings into graphic
Editorial Designer form for all sections of the newspaper including: Health/Science, Business,
The Boston Globe, Boston MA Sports, Spotlight Team, and breaking news
- Developed and implemented Boston Globe Information Graphics Design Style
- Supervised design & motivated team to create award-winning infographics
- Art direction and design of weekly and special sections of the newspaper.
Collaborated with editors, writers, reporters, illustrators, and photographers on photo shoots to create award-winning page designs.
Associate Art Director Art direction and design of monthly business magazine, generated creative
Inc Publishing Co, Boston MA concepts with photographers, illustrators, writers, and photo shoots
Assistant Art Director Art direction and design of monthly city magazine, collaborated with art director
Boston Magazine, Boston MA and writers on creative concepts, and photo shoots
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more