- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I do counseling in my team. Problem solving is one of my strong points.I inspire my Team for greater hights and to reach their potential in their work.I do alot of motivation and upliftment in my team.I am a people's person help in any way i can.Care of the wellbeing of my team.Do like to give them verses in the Bible and talk about our way of living.
SUPERVISOR / SUPERINTENDENT IN PREP BAY
MEDUPI / KUSILE FABRICATION
• Ensure quality resource planning
• Setting monthly /weekly/daily objectives with priorities for the Department.
• Communicates clearly the outcomes required
• Ensure that disruption is minimised and that quality standards are achieved
• Ensure that safety standards are adhered too and that risks are managed appropriately
• Ensure that productivity is achieved throughout.
A. PLANNING AND ORGANISING:
1) Setting priorities Monthly/weekly/daily for the Foremen based on the outputs transmitted by Bay Managers.
2) Communicating set priorities and sequencing according to base plan.
3) Overseeing and approving the foremen's' weekly and daily planning to ensure they align with the production base plan as communicated by Bay Managers.
4) Overall planning of resources, plant and equipment between your production bay/ area and the other bay/work areas
5) Identifying and where possible, removing or resolving any hurdles that may impact on your team's ability to complete the tasks set for the day/week.
6) Ensuring the necessary drawings and documentation for the monthly/weekly and daily tasks are obtained and understood and communicated to your foremen.
7) Having a daily and weekly plan in place for all the tasks allocated to you.
8) Ensuring your crews understanding of the task and task sequence to follow.
9) Planning your tasks and crews activities in such a way that it minimises time and material wastage and maximises productivity
10) Attending to all necessary planning /production meetings as required of you.
11) Identifying training needs and plan the necessary corrective activities for employee in question.
12) Communicating all you're planning to your line supervision and provide continuous updates as necessary.
13) Ensure that all stages of the fabrication process are up to date in StruMIS via the Bay assistance
14) Ensure that welding foremen adhere to all welding procedures, standards and controls
January 2007 - July 2009
Staff reporting; heavy fabrication bay staff of 40.
- Boilermakers; Assemblers; Welders and Operators.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of all heavy fabrications for Front Wheel Loaders and Graders.
- Semi-Skilled assembler in heavy Fabrication.
- Responsible for the assembler's of all heavy fabrication.
- Working with Caterpillar drawings and local Barloworld design drawings.
- Responsible for the building of all heavy FABS to final finish goods product.
- Training, implementing and coordination done for the 5 basic principles of 5S.
- Assembling various Caterpillar products to CAT drawings and specifications.
- Assisting and training of semi-skilled workers to meeting time required standard of work.
Assisting in various other semi-skilled operations
TEAMLEADERS & BOILERMAKERS
January 2007 - December 2009
(01.2007 - 12.2009)
- Working with Boilermakers to assemble various CAT products.
- Assisting in various other semi-skilled operations.
MOTIVATION FOR CHANGE:
Service Provider Supervisor
Currently i'm providing a service to RSP (Paint shop) to ensure that all loose parts must be delivered on time for MRP to get everything ready for erection.
I'm the inter link between KF to RSP to MRP.
I had to follow a lifting schedule required by MRP.
Proper planning & action plans needed to allow me to deliver a quality part on time with the correct specification. Close communication with the workshop to make them understand when and how i want it. I had to make sure that everything is bought and sign off before moving it to the next stage.
Total Annual Cost to Company: Details Below
R56 500.00 Basic Salary x12
Excluded in Total Annual Cost to Company:
- Performance Bonus (Yearly)
Ref: Keith February Medupy Fabrication 0826538572
Philip Abels Caterpillar Ltd Pty 0749795531
Ronald Baguadien Kusile Fabrication 0836485752
January 1984 - June 2001
(Manufacture Earthmoving Machinery)
REPORTING TO OPERATIONS MANAGER:
- Staff reporting: 7 Line leaders, 133 Artisans (Boilermakers, Welders) and Operators.
- Responsible for managing the entire workshop fabrication output, including operations, assembly, Boilermaking, Welding, Machine shop and Paint Shop.
- Planning, organising and Supervising daily manufacturing activities in the factory to achieve daily, weekly and monthly targets.
- Manage nightshift Supervision.
- Manage the nesting of fabrication on peace part level (Sigmanest).
- Supervisor of the first and second operation area: Profile Cutting (Sigmanest programming); Bending and Bevelling.
- Manage the optimal nesting on Steel Plates.
- Steel plates nested / fabricated:
• 3 x 2m - 6mm up to 25mm.
- Manage CNC Process:
• First operation: CNC Guillotine & CNC Bevelling
• Second operation: CNC Buehler Bending machines (up to 1500 tons of preassure)
- Manage multiple works orders at once.
- Ensure optimal housekeeping according to ISO 90001-2000 Standards.
- Manage high Safety Standards (OHS Act)
- Manage the Boilermaker line leaders and their team's output.
- Manage the Welding line leaders in their team's output.
- Manage the root run, weld sizes and cosmetics of all welding jobs.
- Responsible for assisting the Process planner.
- Planning of route sheets layout.
- Planning of assembly method of products, standard time planning of product routings.
- Quality: ensuring that all products are manufactured according to Caterpillar standards and ISO 9001 - 2000 standards
Qualifications & Certifications
Humansdorp Senoir Secondary School
Humansdorp Senior Secondary
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more