Claim you profile
From November 2012
Typing up audio dictation and occasional copy typing for a team of Private Investigators in the form of reports, witness statements and Exhibit Lists where the completed work is then sent as an attachment via email back to the PIs. This is a home-based role which is seasonal and sporadic as I cover for absence for another typist. This work can be done also during evenings and weekends if need be. I would like to remain in this role whilst seeking additional employment.
June 2010 - November 2012
Having been made redundant from University of Leeds, I focused my energies into home life, caring for the elder members of my family and have spent a short time undertaking voluntary work locally.
University of Leeds
April 2006 - May 2010
Temporary Clerical Assistant (part-time) becoming permanent staff member
From August 2006
• Supported PA to the Head of School by assisting in organising the work schedules, maintaining diaries, updating student Visas with the relevant authorities. The Faculty comprised approximately 500 academic staff and students.
• Presented in 2008 with Employee of the Year Recognition Award by the Faculty of Engineering, nominated by the Head of School.
• Assisted in servicing meetings for the technical, academic and professorial staff, sending out invitations, room booking enquiries, liaising with students and their respective mentors.
• Serviced reception, greeting academic and student members, assisting them with concerns and providing relevant information.
• Liaised across the multitude of University departments in other areas of the campus which included retrieval of important documents and files; used initiative to obtain assistance where necessary.
• Full responsibility in recording annual/sickness leave and providing up-to-date reports.
• Maintained confidentiality when accessing clients' private affairs which included occasional human resources responsibilities and processing room key orders involving handling cash on behalf of the accounts department within Human Resources.
Demonstrated flexibility by extending hours and/or days to cover for absent staff, or peaks in workloads throughout the academic year.
• Operated University campus packages, as well as Microsoft packages (Word, Outlook, Excel).
November 2005 - March 2006 Various temporary secretarial roles
May 2005 - October 2005
on return from temporary stay in Australia
Volunteered as fundraiser and mobile shop assistant in the wards
Voluntary work - various roles, Western Australia
July 2003 - April 2005
• Accompanied husband on a secondment to Perth, Western Australia.
• Volunteered as fundraiser and mobile shop assistant in the wards at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.
• Sales assistant and stock-taker at the St. Vincent de Paul charity shop.
• Volunteered at the 2004 Perth Royal show, where I assisted in servicing a number of agricultural events, organising checking of badges, trophies, medals, sashes, driving a cart in order to retrieve prizes from storage on demand, and greeting official guests and members of the public.
Provided administrative support to a busy office of several partners and numerous fee earners (approximately 20 staff).
• Provided typing services (audio and copy) involving detailed lengthy technical specifications, using Corel 8 Wordperfect 6 operating systems.
• Supported the office administration through provision of postal, photocopying, reception and switchboard duties.
September 1988 - June 2003
February 1988 - August 1988
• Provided copy and audio typing services using DECmate System II and TES Olivetti 501/55 machines.
• Supported office administration through postal, filing, and photocopying assignments.
August 1986 - January 1988
• Provided copy and audio typing services using DECmate System II and Merlin DX machines.
• Supported office administration through postal, filing, photocopying assignments and occasional relief switchboard duties.
July 1985 - July 1986 Acquired various permanent and temporary junior administration roles via employment agencies.
Qualifications & Certifications
Airedale & Wharfedale College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more