I have trained as an HR specialist and have experience working both in government and in the corporates world. My experience included hands-on HR administration and also management of the HR functions. I have facilitated HR training courses for different organisations in government and private sector.
Director of Administration
August 2005 - August 2010
Accountable for providing direction, management, and leadership in the administrative, strategic planning, accounting, budgeting, and support functions of the Bank. Main responsibilities include:
• Planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the daily activities of the divisions of Human Resources, Procurement and General Services, and Security.
• Propose and implement relevant administrative and HR policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Bank.
• Draw up annual and periodic budgets and oversee/monitor expenditure.
• Prepare and submit periodic management and executive reports.
Assistant Resident Representative (Operations)
United Nations Development Programme
May 2002 - August 2005
(UNDP) - Maseru, Lesotho
The role of this position is that of Operations Manager, tasked with being advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of the Country Office (CO) management and operations in the Lesotho Country Office and act as a Manager of Joint Operations Centre. Among others, The Operations Manager was responsible for:
• Strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, and ICT and consistency with UNDP rules and regulations.
• Ensuring consistent service delivery to the Country Office, UNDP programmes and projects and UN common services.
• Setting policies and methods to maximize the CO performance in operations demonstrating capacity for innovation and creativity and providing advice to Senior Management on readjustment of the operations to take into account changes in the operating environment as and when needed.
• Leading and guiding the CO Operations Team and fostering collaboration within the team and with other UN Agencies consistent with rules and a client-oriented approach.
• Working in close collaboration with programme and project teams in the CO, operations staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver operations services.
Quadrant Consulting and Training - Maseru, Lesotho
May 2001 - May 2002
Accountable for setting up the organization's HR function, including putting in place relevant policies, programmes, staff development initiatives. Spearheaded a new HR Consulting unit offering varied consulting and training services in the field of HR thus creating new revenue streams for the organization. These services included recruitment services, organizational analysis and development, staff and management training, project management.
Senior Staff Development Officer
July 1996 - May 2001
National Manpower Development Secretariat - Maseru, Lesotho
Accountable for development of the nation's human resources/manpower through workforce planning. Responsibilities included:
• Identifying sponsors/financiers of varied tertiary level programmes especially in specialized/rare fields.
• Identifying relevant overseas tertiary training institutions and placement of students thereof.
• Processing of students' applications for overseas funding/sponsorship.
• Administering awards/scholarships.
• Processing payments of tuition fees and other allowances, monitoring students' academic performance and ensuring their general welfare.
Qualifications & Certifications
planning and performance measurement
Managing and measuring organizational culture
WITS Graduate School of Business Administration
Human Resources Development and Planning
GGS Indraprastha University
Public Administration and Sociology
National University of Lesotho
Planning and Development
Malawi Institute Of Management
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more