Mylid knowledge of shipping and freight is a definite advantage.
People skills are important.
General administrative / reporting sills are important in any position
Willingness to learn
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Export Co-Ordinator for Global Chemical Company
JOOMA COFFEE COMPANY
From November 2013
• Responsible for securing and managing events for Mobile Coffee Units
• Stock ordering and monitoring
• Managing Staff
Export Co-Ordinator / Commercial Division
May 2013 - September 2013
• Key Focus - to ensure the timeous delivery of orders via sea and land
• Responsible for co-ordinating overborder and international exports.
• Liaise with commercial sales department to coordinate the movement of stock
• Maintaining Files / Manage invoicing process / Compilation of reports
• Follow up with Transporters, Warehouse, etc. / Liaising with Customers
(This position was a 5 month temporary assignment)
Sales Support Co-Ordinator / Customer Services
July 2012 - May 2013
Bookings / Customer Services
• Responsible for supporting external Sales Staff
• Internal Sales and Reporting Functions
• Taking and managing bookings from customers
• Quotations / Contract Negotiations / Liaising with Customers
(This position was a temporary assignment)
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CSAV
September 2010 - August 2011
• Responsible for selling container space on CSAV vessels, covering import and export trades - Far East / West Africa / South American / Middle East. Also responsible for selling intermodal services.
• Responsible for securing new business and maintain existing customer base
• Sales Forecasting and Budget preparation.
• Quotes, Reporting on CRM systems and general correspondence.
• Liaising with internal departments to ensure Standard Operating Procedures adhered to.
REASON FOR LEAVING Retrenchment
September 2009 - April 2010
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT September 2009 - April 2010
LAST POSITION Sales Executive (Clearing and Forwarding)
• Responsible for new business sales - covering the entire clearing and forwarding services offered by the company (airfreight / sea freight / customs clearance / intermodal / warehousing / distribution)
• Sales Forecasting and Reporting on CRM system.
• Preparation of quotes and general correspondence.
REASON FOR LEAVING To be discussed during interview
November 2008 - September 2009
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT November 2008 - September 2009
LAST POSITION Sales Executive (Intermodal Operations
• Responsible for the new business sales and maintaining existing customer base for Road and Rail Transport / Warehousing /Distribution.
• Responsible for monthly revenue/volume reports and weekly submission of sales call reports.
REASON FOR LEAVING Better opportunities offered by Rohlig
September 1997 - February 2005
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT September 1997 - February 2005
LAST POSITION Sales Executive (Durban and Johannesburg) -
Ship Owners; Branch Manager (Free State);
Import Team Leader (Durban)
• Sales Executive in the Durban branch. Selling container space on Maersk vessels, covering worldwide trades both import and export services. Also responsible for selling in house intermodal services.
• Transferred to the Johannesburg office in March 2001 to take on the position as Import Sales Executive covering all trades. Also responsible for driving the Europe/SAF trade with extensive overseas travel within Europe and West Africa.
• Transferred to Bloemfontein in April 2002 to set up new agency office. Took on the position as Branch Manager reporting to the Area Top. Duties included setting up of the office, managing staff, finalizing transporters/service providers, budgets, and targets. Also responsible for all sales functions.
• Transferred to Durban in Jan 2004. Took on the position as Import Team Leader. Overall areas of responsibility included Import Processes, Service Delivery, Data Quality, and Outstanding Freight. Assisted with sales and operational processes, mentorship and decision-making.
• In March 2005 I resigned from the company as my husband was transferred to Johannesburg and took the opportunity to spend time with my daughter. My husband was offered a position in Dubai, which he accepted and we relocated in January 2006.
REASON FOR LEAVING Relocated
Sales Executive - Ship Owners
January 1993 - August 1997
(Durban South Africa)
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT January 1993 - August 1997
LAST POSITION Sales Executive - Ship Owners
• Responsible for new business and existing client servicing.
• Areas of trade as per above and including the Far East, Americas, Middle East and India.
• Responsible for own pricing/contributions and setting of budgets.
REASON FOR LEAVING Approached by Maersk Sealand offering greater
opportunities and benefits
Sales Executive - Ships Agents / Clearing & Forwarding
January 1989 - December 1992
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT January 1989 - December 1992
LAST POSITION Sales Executive - Ships Agents / Clearing & Forwarding
• Responsible for new business and existing client servicing. Areas of trade included Australia, East Africa, Mediterranean, NWC, UK and South America.
• Accomplishments included the successful implementation of a brand new client base for principals Messina Lines.
REASON FOR LEAVING Better prospects with a global leader in shipping
Offered a sales position by previous employer, better
Natal Rugby Union
January 1988 - December 1988
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT January 1988 - December 1988
LAST POSITION Stadium Advertising/PA
• Stadium Advertising/PA to GM.
• Responsible for stadium advertising, liaison person for suite holders.
• Travel coordinator for team and management and PA duties to GM.
REASON FOR LEAVING Offered a sales position by previous employer, better
prospects and benefits
Girl Friday/Export Clerk
January 1986 - December 1987
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT January 1986 - December 1987
LAST POSITION Girl Friday/Export Clerk
• Commenced employment as Girl Friday/Export Clerk. Duties included export documentation, client liaison and various admin duties
• Promoted to assistant accountant, duties included data capture, petty cash, and forex dealings.
REASON FOR LEAVING Better prospects
General Office Admin/Secretary
Universal Group Shipping
January 1984 - December 1984
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT January 1984 - December 1984
LAST POSITION General Office Admin/Secretary
• General office admin and secretarial for shipping department.
REASON FOR LEAVING Maternity
Qualifications & Certifications
Westville Girls High Durban, Natal
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more