I am currently employed at Unilever SA with 23yrs of service. I am an Assistant Accountant in IT Finance and the Finance Team in SA has been outsourced to Bangalore in India.
My position has been affected by this restructuring. I will be available from the 1st October 2013.
I am a team player, dedicated and can take on any challenges.i take part in all the voluntary programmes in Unilever eg. schools projects.
I have been working at Unilever in my current role independently without any supervision as my manager is based in Bangalore/Singapore.
I would appreciate if my application receives your attention.
Work History and Experience : Unilever and Robertson's
1) Finance - Cashier / Finance Clerk/Debtors/Creditors
2) H R - Salary Administrator : Prepare Payrolls nation-wide
3) Finance - Senior Finance Clerk (Recons,Workmens Comp. Returns etc.)
4) Fixed Assets Administrator
5) Fixed Assets & Capex Controller
6) Assistant Accountant-Capital Projects (Fountain Park)
7) Assistant Accountant- Unilever IT - Commercial/Assistant Project Accountant
8) Assistant Accountant-IT PROCUREMENT / BT (British Telecom’s)
9) Assistant Accountant- Regional IT Reporting
10) Receptionist / Cashier/Bookkeeper– Nampak
I would appreciate if my application receives your attention.
Many Thanks & Kind Regards
Unilever Asia AMET IT
(Regional IT Reporting)
tel: + 2731-5719990
Mobile: +084 401 2266
COMPLETED TRAINING COURSES ON:
• How to train & motivate staff
• Upgrading of staff skills
• Maintaining staff morale
COMPLETED HUMAN RESOURCE-BASED COURSES ON:
• Performance and Development System
• Organisational Behaviour
• Conflict resolution
COMPLETED BUDGETING PROCESS:. Both ZERO BASED BUDGETING and BUDGETING
COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING WORKSHOPS: Stress management
Unilever courses completed
• Financial Development Module 1
• Financial Development Module 2
• Financial Development Module 3
• Improving Personal Productivity
• Business Presentation Skills
Month-end Actuals/ Budgets Reporting on COGNOS
Cost centres trends and spend for all Managers in Regional IT
From April 2009
DATE PREVIOUS ORGANISATION POSITION
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT/ IT Procurement
ORGANISATION - AFRICA
July 2005 - March 2009
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT /Commercial
April 2003 - June 2005
ASSISTANT PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
UNILEVER /GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE
ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL ACCNT
November 2002 - March 2003
UNILEVER BESTFOODS CAPITAL PROJECTS ROBERTSONS SA
FIXED ASSTES & CAPEX
May 2000 - October 2002
FIXED ASSETS AND CAPEX CONTROLLER :
• Visits to sites to rectify any fixed assets issues.
• Ensure assets are broken down to major brands, this information is used to calculate brand profitability
• and EVA generation. This will also tie in with the Supply Chain Initiative.
• Co – ordinates sign off process in Capex projects, including schedules for JV committee
• Assist with Review the financial justification for all capex >30k . Ensures that the evaluations achieve the company’s hurdle rates.
• Ensure each asset is correctly classified to ensure that it is most tax effective for the Company, including depreciation rates, description and category
• Ensure that all assets are capitalised timeously
• Inform Senior management of any capex over spends, and ensure that these projects are re-justified
and approved when necessary.
• Ensures that assets are allocated to the correct cost centres to allow for accurate product cost allocation.
• Random verification /audit of assets at the different sites.
• Inform the projects department of all assets capitalised monthly and ensure that these are tagged.
• Ensure that the actual costs of the projects department are allocated to assets under construction.
• Ensures that all expenses for asset under construction are properly accounted for.
• Reporting of actual vs proposed capex spend
• Compilation of monthly management Capex Pack (incl. actual vs budget spend, cashflow etc.)
• Management of Fixed Assets Clerk
Bestfoods Capex Model – Europe (via German Server)
• Ensure that all local fixed asset transactions are properly updated into the
• Ensure assets are classified in the correct Technology Groups for bench marking and
• Update the TechFam fixed assets model.
May 1999 - April 2000
May 1997 - April 1999
November 1994 - April 1997
Salary Administrator, Finance Assistant, Fixed Asstes and Capex Controller, Cashier
October 1990 - October 2002
P O BOX 1091
October 1990 - November 1994
ADMIN CLERK/ CASHIER/ HR
NAMPAK CARTON & PRINT
February 1982 - September 1990
CHAMBERLAIN ROAD BOOK KEEPER, DEBTORS
JACOBS CASHIER, CREDITORS
PRESENT EMPLOYMENT: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT GLOBAL IT REPORTING
Akili Send download of SAP mth-end actuals for all RIT Dbn cc's in a specific Akili format to Mgt-Rep, Akili team. This cc download is used to populate into report in ZAR and Euro
Confirmation is sent to me when done.
I will log onto IT Indirects Asia AMET website and click on AMET (RIT DBN) reports.
I will use this information to confirm data on Cognos.
Send e-mail request to Peoplelink Accenture for specific people's personnel reports
These are for headcount in Unity U2K2 and U2K2 MDM CC's
Send a download of accruals in CC 8604026-Unity u2k2 for travel, mobile and expense claims.
This info is required for updating separate files for Sally Henderson, Ornella Torino,
Nicoline Zwikker, Cheryl Mellon all in the same cc. Stephan and Andrew on a separate file
Once I receive the above reports that I will populate info into each person's file.
This info is then captured on a consolidated file including Stephan Clarke and Andrew Moore
Consolidation report compiled by track eg. Unity2AA - Manufacturing, Supply Management,
Integrated Planning, General RAC, and Supply Management
This report by Tower is then captured on Cognos under IT Strategy_RIT DBN
Saved and submitted.
Confirmation sent to Rohith Ravi.
The above reports are the used to populate the U2K23 Reporting template which has various
sheets, including Act Appendix in local currency, Consolidation, USD and 5% mark up sheet
This info is used to generate the U2K2 invoice to Singapore.
Journal is generated using the info from the invoice which includes the 5% mark up.
Log onto omnilflow and upload this jv with the invoice as supporting doc.
To Charlene Fowles: IT Innovation cc line items report -specific format for cc's 6402108,
6402062, 6402093, 6402115, 8604313, 8604285, 8604201, 8604203, 8604213 and 8505013
Qualifications & Certifications
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA
MEADOWLANDS SECONDARY SCHOOL
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more