St. Mary's Healthcare System For Children
From July 2013
• Responsable for planning, implementing, organizing and evaluating all services rendered by St, Mary's Home Care.
• Responsable for monitoring appropriate job performance and completion of evaluations and coaching of staff annually and as needed
• Ensured that all patient services were delivered in accordance with Department of Health regulations
• Organized and directed the department staff to accomplish required activiities in an efficient and effective manner.
• Responsable for ensuring that all home care services provided to patients were of high quality and in the quantity ordered in accordance with the state and Federal regulations.
Director of Patient Services
Community Health - Able Healthcare Services, Inc
• Manage clinical and administrative operations of a special needs CHHA and LHCSA with an average daily census of up to 600 pediatric and adult patients, most with diagnoses of MRDD and TBI
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate 18 RNs and 1600 HHAs as well as PT/ST/OTs. Oversight of compliance issues to enable the CEO to obtain over 50 contracts for the organization. Minimized nursing costs by in -sevicing therapists to perform home health aide supervisions and to complete OASIS. Influenced contracted services to submit paperwork more timely to enhance billing turnover.
• Perform marketing/outreach to specialty care organizations and providers (worked with CEO re: marketing etc.)
• Develop PI indicators and perform PI audits for five branches (aggregates of 24 indicators/branch) to achieve 5 deficiency-free DOH and 2 deficiency-free JCAHO surveys.developed and implemented satisfactory DOH plans of correction in 2001 and 2002. The success of the PI program was not the driving force for the successful JCAHO and DOH surveys, rather it was my oversight and persistence with the clinical staff, branch managers, etc. through clinical meetings and clinical audits, revision of forms to capture and simplify the collecting of information to meet the DOH and JCAHO regulations. I created a JCAHO crosswalk for at least 5 manuals. Each JCAHO standard was put into a excel spread sheet that stated the Manual, chapter and page # the standard could be found. Also a very laborious effort.
• Chair agency-wide Professional Advisory PI Committee, and facilitate branch-level PI teams; reviewed/updated all standardized forms to reduce errors, improve accuracy, timeliness, and protocol adherence.Did not chair the PI/PAC, the CEO was the chair, only a member of the committee, but an integral member.
• Evaluated and selected McKesson HBOC IS system that integrated diverse systems into a unified system clinical, payroll, and billing database. Was part of the team that evaluated and...
Director of Nursing
• Served as Acting DON (during her absence) in CHHA serving clients with specialty acute care need
• Resolved regulatory compliance and other PI issues similar to above
P.R.N. Homecare Agency, Inc
• Obtained financing and incorporated/managed a successful licensed homecare agency (LHCSA); developed policies and procedures, hired professional and ancillary staff members, and performed marketing to obtain contracts with providers as well as individuals/families
• Achieved annual revenues of up to $3.5M, through 8 major CHHA accounts, with average weekly census of 150 certified agency cases staffed by up to 170 paraprofessional and professional contractors
• Developed policies and procedures and interacted with JCAHO and DOH auditors during successful surveys (deficiency-free DOH survey; received accreditation with commendation on first JCAHO survey in 1992)
• Managed administrative operations and personally audited all invoices, payables/receivables, collections/denials, and coding processes
• Worked with MIS vendors to develop applications for scheduling, accounting, patient records, billing/coding reports, payables, receivables, credentialing/compliance, aging reports, and marketing/contracts
• Appraised staff members monthly to determine staff development needs, and created/ conducted professional and paraprofessional inservices on DOH-mandated and as-needed topics; developed a model to facilitate a shared HHA program to optimize labor utilization
• Participated in recruitment job fairs/outreach events and developed relationships with schools/training programs (providing hiring criteria); developed and implemented a new orientation program and manual
• Instituted and implemented Quality Improvement program, including designing and administering a patient/family survey as well as frequent direct querying of major provider accounts; determined quality measures and analyzed data to implement process improvement and policy changes as well as education programs
• Developed and updated strategic plan with marketing department and new parent company to prepare for increases in staffing and specialty markets (e.g., behavioral health...
- a licensed homecare services agency
• Managed administrative, clinical, and marketing operations of a licensed homecare agency, performing duties similar to above as well as reengineering policies and procedures or creating new processes for addressing major deficiencies in professional and paraprofessional compliance as well as to improve customer relations/responsiveness
Community Health/Hospice RN - VNS of New York
Community Health/Hospice RN - VNS of New York
please see resume
ICU - North Shore Medical Center
Medical-Surgical - Western Queens Hospital
Member, Home Care Providers (New York State and New York City chapters)
Qualifications & Certifications
bachelor of nursing
Queensborough Community College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more