To provide an effective and efficient human resource generalist function in alignment with departmental and company strategy through successful implementation of People Management strategy and delivery of customer service within the specified business unit, with the support of the respective functional area line manager
Human Resources Consulting
People Management Officer/ HR Consultant
Zurich Insurance Company
From March 2011
• Effective Resource Planning
Recruitment and Selection
- Ensure appointments (including internal promotions) are in line with EE targets / strategy
- Recruit, select and place candidates in terms of agreed recruitment and selection process
- For new departments or positions, ensure a job profile and organisational structure are compiled and graded accordingly
- Conduct a needs analysis and determine the resource requirement in consultation with line managers
- Obtain approval to fill vacancy and draw up job specification with input from the relevant stakeholders
- Within organisational and legislative requirements, select an appropriate medium to source suitable for candidate
- Obtain approval to fill the position from the responsible manager
- In consultation with the line manager, compile a job specification
- Advertise for the position according to agreed criteria
- Receive and review all internal/external C.V.s
- Compile a shortlist of candidates based on job specification
- Compile interview guide together with line manager
- Ensure that all applications are pre-screened
- Arrange for structured interviews to take place
- Conduct panel interviews with relevant managers - using an appropriate interview guide (meets organisational and legislative requirements)
- Shortlist candidates for final interviews where required
- In consultation with management, ensure that outcome of each screening phase is weighted appropriately
- Where required source suitable and appropriate assessment tools - obtain feedback from provider regarding results
- In consultation advise the successful applicant and regret unsuccessful applicants appropriately
- Prepare new starter documentation for all suitable selected candidates
- In consultation with line management, coordinate induction program for all new starters
- Consult with Remuneration and Benefits Specialist to ensure packages are market-related
- Work to align culture with company strategy
People Management Team Assistant/HR Officer
Zurich Insurance Company
December 2008 - March 2011
• Effective Office Support:
To ensure that all the Meetings for HR department are accurately booked within 24 hours.
Visitors have parking
Coordinate video conferences between Zurich EGI and ZICSA
All HR Invoices are paid efficiently within a week.
Travel Arrangements are made efficiently for HR mangers at requested.
General Office Administration. "Faxes, printing on letter heads etc"
Answering and transferring of calls professionally as quick as possible.
• Provide Effective Recruitment Support within a specified period
Responsible for HR administration and support re: newly appointed employees, internal staff movements from different sites, Promotions, salary adjustments, Exit Process
Individual Induction of newly appointed employees
Liaise closely with Payroll to ensure HR data integrity
Advice staff and Managers on HR Policies and HR related issues
Relationship building with external Service Providers
Recruitment and Selection of Staff
Liaising with Employment Agencies on Staffing issues
Acknowledgement of Applications.
Effective scheduling of Interviews.
Letters of Appointment.
New employees have Appointment packs and parking is allocated.
Perform background checks "ITC, Criminal and qualifications etc"
• Provide Effective Support for Employee Relations
Plan, Co-ordinate and Control the wellness day programme for that period, send out the necessary communication.
Compile IR documents.
Co-ordination of Consultation Forum
Liaising with the CCMA and the external Unions
• Remunerations and Benefits
Medical aid "Road Shows, Member Assistance"
Co-ordinate pension fund board meetings
Co-ordinate Job evaluation processes "meetings etc"
Qualifications & Certifications
JM Ntsime High School
University of Johannesburg
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more