Master Of Education
Implementation and development of school
wide PB4L programme
• Overview of the school's Alternative Education programme
• Overview of school attendance
• Support of School Appraisal Process
• Support of School Professional Development Process
• SLT member leading 55 teaching and non teaching staff
• Creator of school Year book and Leader of school Careers Fair
• Teacher of Level 2 Tourism, Year 10 Social Studies and English
From October 2012
Murupara Area School, Murupara, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
• Implementation of the MAS Behaviour Management Plan
Abu Dhabi Education Council
September 2011 - August 2012
(ADEC), Mariam Bint Sultan School, Al Ain
Support and guide School Principal
- 12 high school.
• Lead the school's development of teaching and learning to achieve international standard learning outcomes.
• Coach and mentor other members of School Leadership Team (SLT) to build long term capacity
• Lead and oversee all in house continuous professional development (CPD) for 77 teachers and a 9 member SLT.
• Guide School social workers to develop effective pastoral, discipline and behaviour programmes.
• Guide the school leadership and teachers to engage and develop close links with parents to promote education reform and greater student achievement under ADEC's Reform Project
• Continue to assist ADEC with promotion and development of MUN in Abu Dhabi private and government schools.
Senior Partnership Management Adviser
CfBT Public Private Partnership
August 2007 - July 2011
(PPP), Madinat Zayed, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Project wide responsibility for development of MUN in schools
• Lead team of 6 consultant teachers in a governmental school development project.
• Coached and mentored School Principal to improve leadership and management throughout a girls' lower secondary school.
• School: winner of 2011 National Sharjah Award for Excellence
• Trained and modelled 21st Century teaching and learning in a governmental school including Assessment for Learning
• Deputised for Cluster Director overseeing 11 schools in the Project.
• Promoted and marketed Reform Project to parents and the wider Community
• Engaged parents and wider Community with the aims and goals of PPP
August 2006 - July 2007
, SIP, Jiangsu, China.
• Lead day to day operations for 600 students aged 11 - 18
• Lead 80 teaching staff and over 200 support staff to deliver MYP and IBDP programmes.
• Lead development of new High School Diploma
• Member of N-12 School Senior Management Team
• Member CIS Accreditation Steering Committee
• Implemented Secondary SLT
• Implemented School Pastoral and Behavioural Structures
• to teach in MYP and IBDP programmes.
• Work as part of the whole school SLT to promote and market the school to parents and wider community
Senior Management Advisor and Teacher Trainer
Supreme Education Council
March 2005 - June 2006
, CfBT Seconded to the Supreme Education Council, Qatar.
• Leading on project management for newly contracted independent schools to implement a new curriculum.
• Guided school operators to manage change by developing all policies, procedures, recruitment, training, resourcing and budgeting.
• Created and developed teacher training programmes and materials for the New Era Education initiative in Qatar.
• Trained 600 teachers at Primary and Secondary Level to deliver reformed curriculum innovations in Qatari Schools.
Founding Principal / Chief Educational Consultant
Panvel and Pen International School
September 2001 - December 2004
• Enabled Board of Trustees to develop implementation plan for new international school from green field site.
• Obtained IBO accreditation for DYP January 2003.
• Acquired PYP and MYP Candidate status.
• Designed school buildings, classroom layouts, start up and operative budgets.
• Founder of SAIBSA (S. Asia IB Schools Association)
• Inducted and trained founding staff with PYP / MYP and school systems.
• Marketed and promoted a new school project to prospective parents, students and the wider local community
August 1997 - July 2001
Mahindra UWC of India, Pune, India.
• Established, developed and extended college wide pastoral systems, expectations and management of staff executing these roles.
• Initiated and nurtured the appropriate school culture in line with UWC and IBO philosophies and MUWCI input from staff and students
• Initiated and established a full IB CAS programme including over 80 sporting, cultural and community service activities.
• Initiated and developed all reporting evaluation and reflection programmes for CAS.
• Initiated and developed student led activities.
• Hosted 2001 Pune District MUN sponsored by Pune Rotarians
• Developed and extended careers and university guidance procedures including applications, references and scholarship opportunities Worldwide.
Founding Vice Principal
Universal Int'l School
August 1995 - December 1996
• Overview of staff and students for all Humanities, Creative and Performing Arts.
• Development of school-wide pastoral programmes.
Head of Humanities
Braeburn High School
January 1993 - July 1994
, Nairobi, Kenya.
• Overview of staff and students for all Humanities
• Initiated lower school integrated humanities syllabus
September 1986 - December 1992
• Advisory teacher in London Borough of Newham
• PGCE student teacher trainer seconded to Goldsmith's College, University of London.
• Teacher of Geography, History, ToK, PSHE for IBO and UCLES
Retail Management Executive
July 1978 - January 1985
, London W1
• Branch and departmental manager with blue chip retail organisations including John Lewis, Burton Retail and Mothercare. Large scale team and budget management.
Qualifications & Certifications
Goldsmith's College, University of London
Queen Mary College, University of London
Secondary Education in Geography and History
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more