From January 2013
Duties & Responsibilities
• Providing assistance in maintenance of all field office financial records.
• Maintaining up-to-date, accurate and complete records for all financial transactions.
• Preparing periodic reports and monthly financial documentation to HQ and maintaining local file and scanned copies
• Maintaining and providing to HQ office cash flow and budgets of the field office.
• Process payment vouchers and cheques
• Maintaining petty cash on an imprest basis and expense posting of the petty cash.
• Maintaining staff advances account and follow up for timely surrender.
• Maintaining and processing field office payroll and remitting of all statutory deductions
• Capturing financial data into Quickbooks Accounting Package.
• Support PM's in the regular monitoring of programme expenditures through review of up to date Budget Versus Actuals (BVAs) reports and appropriately advising on arising variances
• Maintaining and updating a manual of the organization's accounting policies and procedures.
• Maintaining and Updating the Organizations Fixed Asset Register
• Ensuring the organizations adherence to policies and procedures in preparation for external auditing
• Follow up on audit issues and ensure full implementation of all audit recommendations
• Reconcile all supplies statements to site's records and update the HQ officer on any discrepancies.
• Perform program financial information analysis and advice management on appropriate action
Intern Accounts Assistant
February 2012 - December 2012
i. Preparing Monthly bank reconciliation statements
ii. Maintaining Imprest and Vouching
iii. Capturing transactions in the District Votebook Management System
iv. Examination of payment vouchers, imprest warrants, Local Purchase Order(LPO), and Local Service Orders(LSO)
Konoin SACCO Ltd
July 2010 - December 2010
i. Posting Cash Payments
ii. Making Daily Reconciliations
iii. Extracting Financial Reports
iv. Preparation of staff payroll and timely submission of statutory deductions
Qualifications & Certifications