- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I have a long experience as a behavioural trainer since 1994. I have trained small groups in Emotional Intelligence, Interpersonal Skills, Conflict and Stress Management, Attitudinal development etc. This I have done in the Corporate Sector, NGO's, Hospitals and small church groups. I am also attached to Prafulta Psychological Services and do thier open workshops. I am also an experienced Counsellor with more than two decades of experience in various fields like the medical and Psychiatric sector and the Corporate sector. It is this experience that enables me to bring depth to my training abilities. I also do process work in groups for personal development.
content development of training modules
IL&FS Edu &Technical Services Ltd
September 2010 - April 2011
a leadership series for IL&FS Edu &Technical Services Ltd.
Prafulta Psychological Services
From February 2008
I am attached to Prafulta Psychological Services as a visiting Faculty. I organise, co-ordinate and conduct their open workshops on Emotional Intelligence, Stress and Conflict Management, Interpersonal Relationships etc. I also do some of their inhouse workshops in corporates, schools and small church groups.
I am also involved in coaching persons for competencies in Emotional Intelligence
Institute of Broadcasting and Communication, Andheri
September 2006 - December 2006
July 2005 - October 2005
which involved evaluating ten children's organisations working on child rights issues, within Mumbai City, for purposes of funding.
Research Officer and Co-ordinator
Sir Dorabji Tata Trust
February 2002 - June 2002
'Mental Health facilities in Mumbai City' and a strategy paper in Mental Health.
5. From April 1999 to October 1999 worked as a Research Officer and Co-ordinator with the Third Review Committee -1999 of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
September 2001 - June 2002
This project involved evaluation of organizations in the area of Health, Education and Community Based Rehabilitation in both urban and rural areas. (Maharashtra, Karnataka and Rajasthan and Delhi)
P.D. Constructions' , Vile Parle
June 2001 - October 2001
Mumbai to develop their H R Systems.
part time counselling practice
October 1999 - September 2001
Counselling centre of the Mar Thoma Church in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Joint Research Project
December 1998 - March 1999
World Health Organization/UNAIDS and Tata Institute of Social Sciences at the
Department of Medical and Psychiatric Social Work, TISS, Mumbai.
Project Title - "Substance Use, Sexual Risk Behaviour and HIV Infection".
Disability and Development Consultant
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
From October 1998
(ESCAP) in designing a
Training module for disabled animators, to field test a draft guideline for creating a
barrier free environment in a slum community in Bangalore city.
Lecturer in the Department
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
From January 1995
8. Between January 1995 and July 1998, I worked as a Lecturer in the Department of
Medical and Psychiatric Social Work at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
Besides teaching and fieldwork supervision of students, I was involved in prevention
work in the field of HIV/AIDS, through the AIDS Cell of the Department.
Human Resource Development Programmes
ACC Cement,(Wadi) Technowerk, Health Phrize, NMIMS, NITIE, Rashtriya Chemical Fertilizers and Prafulta.
Through the Newspaper in Education of Times of India, I have trained children and teachers in more than ten schools in Mumbai in study skills, interpersonal skills, personal development, and dealing with peer pressure, creative writing and innovative teaching methods.
Ashwini Back Institute and Aditya Nursing Home
September 1994 - September 1996
• Between September 1994 and September 1996 and April 2001 to April 2002 part time counselling practice at the Ashwini Back Institute and Aditya Nursing Home, Thane.
Disha Psychiatric Clinic
August 1994 - December 1994
I had a counselling practice at Disha Psychiatric Clinic in Chembur.
Social Welfare Executive
Bharat Bijlee Ltd
March 1987 - July 1994
Thane. The Medical and Welfare Department of the company was under my charge.
Besides social casework, counselling and social group therapy for employees and family members to treat addictions, marital conflict, disabled or emotionally disturbed employees and their families and those with other psycho social problems, I used to co-ordinate the medical and welfare facilities for the employees within the factory and outside.
I was also involved in organizing and conducting welfare programmes like Healthy Baby Competition, Leadership Training, First Aid Training, Marriage Encounter for newlyweds and Stress Management for Executives, Planning and Preparation for Retired Life and "The Fully Alive Experience" for Youth.
From 1989 to 1994, I edited the Company's house journal 'Parivar', which is published every quarter.
and examined papers of Bachelor of Social Work and Masters of Social Work Courses of the University.
• I have participated in an International Exchange Programme at Oslo, Norway in 1991 (April-June) organized by the Council of International Exchange Programmes Fellowship. The programme consisted of a lecture series, field visits and a field work assignment at the Central Institute for Rehabilitation of Orthopaedically Handicapped Children, Oslo
• Presented a paper on "Psycho-Social Aspects of Back Pain" at Annual Conferences of Spine Surgeons at Bangalore in 1988, at Mumbai in 1989, at Calcutta in 1990 and at Jabalpur in 1995.
• Received an award for a paper titled "Love - if conditional is not true" presented at the National Convention: 'Sangam 1990' at Bangalore, organized by the McGrath Institute of Leadership Training.
• Received an award for a paper on the topic: 'Happiness comes from within - journey to freedom' presented at the National Convention: Darpan 1992 at Kolkata, organized by the McGrath Institute of Leadership Training.
• Received an award for a paper on the topic: 'Divinity as a Goal of Human Life - The Perennial Quest' presented at the National Convention - Sankalp 1994 at Chennai, organized by the McGrath Institute of Leadership Training.
• Received an award for a paper 'The Sacred Quest' presented at the National Convention - Recharge 12 at Nasik in Dec 2012, organized by the Macgrath Institute of Leadership Training.
Medico Social Worker
September 1979 - March 1987
Sion, and Mumbai.
I was mainly involved in the rehabilitation of the orthopaedically handicapped (both adult and children) using the Social Casework and Group work method. I have also worked in the Department of Psychiatry for two years.
I was also involved in various special projects of the department such as:
* Organizing seminars and exhibitions and documentation of the departmental activities.
* Organizing sports meets, picnics and overnight camps and vocational training as part of rehabilitation programme.
* Working as counselor with the Spine Clinic of the Hospital.
Assignments, Papers and Awards
Qualifications & Certifications
Training as a First Aid Instructor
Sir Jamshedjee Tata Ambulance College
Indian Inst for Personal and Professional Development
Human Resources Development
National Institute of Labour Education and Management
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Xavier's Institute of Mass Communication
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more