- Full time
- Part time
- One time
A Mechanical Technician
January 2013 - July 2013
Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, 2013.
• An apprentice trained Fitter and Turner qualified with a SAQA: Advanced Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Level NQF 6.
• Have 18 years hands on experience as a journeyman Fitter and Turner class One, coupled with 4 years in Plant Maintenance management, and 1 year as Production Manager in Manufacturing.
• Expert in Predictive, Preventive, Condition Monitoring and Corrective Maintenance.
Current: May 2013 to Date
• Currently at Isowall Group, Molding Department, Silverton, Pretoria, RSA, working as a Fitter and Turner Technician. Responsible for Maintenance of Boilers, hydraulic and Pneumatic Polystyrene and Polypropylene molding machines.
• Completed National Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering at the Vaal University of Technology, graduating in September 2013.
Arcelor Mittal Steel
July 2008 - April 2013
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Duties and work include:
• Maintenance of Plant machinery, through drawn up maintenance schedules, inspections and execution job cards. Plant monitoring, reporting failures. Diagnostics, root cause analysis safety and housekeeping.
• Adherence to set environmental and safety standards on the Journey to zero goal.
• Maintenance of Raw material conveyors, vibrators, screens, crushers, waste extraction systems, Gas plants(Nitrogen, Carbon Monoxide, Natural gas), Gas scrubbers.
• Maintenance of Slurry and Granulation pumps, Manual valves, Hydraulic and Pneumatic operated valves, Google valves, Clarifiers, Expansion bellows, Pulverised Coal injection plant (PCI), Blowers, hammer drills, clay guns etc.
• Work on Projects and Planned Shutdowns throughout the Vanderbijlpark works, Cold Rolling Mills, Hot Rolling, Paint lines, Galvanizing lines, Plate mill, Continuous Casting Lines, Coke Ovens and Blast Furnaces.
Engineering Maintenance Manager
Nampak Hunyani Corrugated Products
June 2007 - July 2008
Responsible for: 3 Foremen, 1 Planned Maintenance Officer, 14 Artisans, 12 Apprentices, 6 Boiler crew members and 1 Boiler Supervisor.
• Responsible for planning and execution of day to day maintenance requirements of plant machinery and overall supervision of Mechanical, Electrical, boiler, Garage Foremen and machine shop ensuring adherence to set standards.
• Provide appropriate maintenance service to the division, by allocation of resources as necessary.
• Plan and implement maintenance programmes and procedures for plant and garage
• Monitor on the job training for all Engineering apprentices in liaison with HR Manager and recommend other training required for engineering personnel.
• Monitor and control the use and replenishment of strategic engineering spares.
• Prepare details and plans and coordinate for mini-shuts and annual shutdowns.
• Attend to breakdown and planned maintenance occurrences
• Assign planned maintenance duties to all staff based on well drawn programmes
• Plan and implement systems to provide accurate information on machine repairs and stoppages
• Ensure adequate stocks of spares at a level which draws a balance between need, economy and production objectives
• Liaison with Manufacturing Manager on plant engineering needs and engineering associated bottle necks in production.
• Liase with external engineering service providers for advice, repairs and services.
• Provide Management with reports on machine condition, breakdowns and machine availabilities
• Ensure that drawn up maintenance engineering budgets are met and that targets are achieved.
• Ensure that all work is carried out effectively by using the most economic means and resources
• Implement Projects including Installation and commissioning of new machinery.
• Implement and run ISO 9001-2000 systems and procedures in line with Engineering requirements.
• Responsible for all outwork requirements and contract work.
Corrugator Board Machine, at Nampak Corrugated Products
March 2006 - June 2007
• Responsible for Corrugator machine performance with 26 operators and 4 supervisors.
• Monitor daily performance of Corrugator against budget and where appropriate,
take remedial action to correct exceptional variance.
• Ensure that the Group Code of Conduct is well communicated to all workforce and adhered to and that laid down disciplinary procedures are closely followed.
• Ensure, through careful Asset management, that Box Plant Assets are employed to maximum advantage; minimize waste in all its forms and in particular production
• Provide close liaison with Workers' Committee and all interested parties for harmonious industrial relations.
• Through effective training programmes constantly improve the technical skills of qualified journeymen, operators and supervisors.
• Introduce suitably experienced and carefully selected contract workers into vacant/permanent positions.
• Ensure a continual improvement in productivity through training, performance
appraisal and the introduction of incentive schemes.
• Ensure that the working and surrounding environment is kept clean, pollution free and as attractive as possible whilst optimizing the safety, health and welfare of all
• Maintain and develop ISO 9001-2000 Quality Management Systems and Procedures at all levels and provide customers with the desired product at the right time, place and price.
• Compile daily weekly and monthly reports for submission to the Manufacturing Manager.
Planned Maintenance Officer
Hunyani Nampak Corrugated Products
August 2003 - March 2006
• Supervision and implementation of all planned maintenance activities for the plant.
• Coordinate resources and implement Projects for the plant as required.
• Set up of routine schedule check ups for planned maintenance, planning of machine shutdowns and opportunity maintenance windows.
• Management of strategic and critical spares ensuring availability and timeous ordering.
• Storage and capture of plant maintenance data, job cards
• Evaluate machine availability, overall efficiency of machines(OEE) and repeat work evaluation, compile engineering monthly reports.
• Causes and failure mode evaluation of plant machinery.
Maintenance Fitter and Turner
Hunyani Nampak Corrugated
January 1994 - July 2003
Experience: 10.5 years
Areas worked in and duties included:
• Working on production line as machine technician, ensuring smooth running with good technical support and meeting set targets.
• All machine shop work including milling and lathe work, gear cutting, surface grinding, shaping, welding and fabrication.
• Boiler annual service repairs, steam generation and circulation maintenance
• Repair and maintenance of printing, die cutting and packing machines, pump stations and Corrugating board machines (Langston, BHS, Joe W Swift, Fosber, Torres, Agnati).
• Extensive hydraulics and pneumatic work, compressor service and repairs.
• Work on gearboxes, blower fans, pumps, mixers, conveyor systems, rollers, strapping m/cs, chop knifes, stitching m/cs,
• An all rounder in mechanical maintenance activities.
Apprentice Fitter and Turner
Hunyani Nampak Corrugated Products
January 1990 - December 1993
Qualifications & Certifications
St Mary's Secondary school
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more