Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Dr Len Drury
Chief Technical Principal, (Hydrogeology)
General Manager Mining, Oil & Gas
• Bachelor of Science, University of NSW
• PhD, Hydrogeology, University of NSW
• Diploma Hydrology, University NSW
• Certificate: Contaminated Water Treatment, USA
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Len has broad groundwater sector experience, working in government for 14 years and 30 years as an international consultant in 43 countries.
During this period he has worked on over 150 mining projects. Cumulatively Len has worked for six years in Pakistan.
Dr Drury has been:
• a company Director (staff 1,100);
• Manager of Groundwater and Mining Groups; and
• International Project Director, Project Manager, Team Leader and Water Resources and Environmental Specialist for water supply, waste water, irrigation, civil engineering, environmental, community based water, and health related projects.
Dr Drury has worked in Asia (China, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Mongolia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam), Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan), throughout the Pacific (Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, New Zealand, Niue, P/New Guinea, Solomon Island, Tonga, Vanuatu), Africa (Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Namibia, Northern Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia), Middle East (Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia), Americas (Canada, Guatemala, USA), United Kingdom, Ireland, and all states of Australia for mining a