Event / Marketing Manager Manager
Junior Project Manager
From May 2013
Job Purpose Summary: Assistance to Head of Department with Projects and Project Administration
Key Responsibilities (in no order of priority):
• Maintaining of Production Status Sheet
• General Liaison between HOD and Project Managers
• Liaison with Show Organisers, Suppliers and Factory on behalf of HOD
Assistance to HOD with the following Responsibilities
• Compiling Project check-lists and timing-schedules
• Sourcing Project Budgets from Estimator
• Sourcing and completion of Project-related documents from Organisers, e.g. floorplans, exhibitor manuals, safety files
• Placing of project-related orders to Suppliers and Organisers
• Ensuring sign-off of project-related Supplier Invoices from relevant Project Manager and timeous submission to Finance Department
• Obtaining Compliance Certificates
• Occasional site and factory visits
• Occasional liaison with Clients where needed
Coached Hockey at Hudson Park Pre Primary School
Coached Hockey at Clarendon High School for Girls (Girls U/14C) 2006
St Bernard's Hospice (NGO) - Marketing & Fundraising Manager
BORDER HOSPICE ASSOCIATION
March 2009 - May 2013
Responsible for the arrangement of events to raise funds for St Bernard's Hospice. Responsible for all volunteers of St Bernard's Hospice. Marketing and Public Relations of St Bernard's Hospice within the local community by making sure St Bernard's Hospice name is at as many networking functions, special events, festivals, carnivals, shows and in the media / newspapers / radio interviews as often as possible. Responsible for attending all networking functions with BNI (Business Network Institute) and BCKOB (Border Kei Business Chamber)
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Organize viable and cost effective events by ensuring the following:
Criteria for holding an event
Pre Venue & Evaluation plan
Post Venue & Evaluation plan
Radio Interviews on local radio stations
Co-ordinating social media advertising per event
2. Public Relations; communication of St Bernard's Hospice
3. Marketing and Networking of St Bernard's Hospice
4. Co-ordination of fundraising volunteers
5. Quality Improvement, health & safety and risk management within fundraising department
6. Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting in fundraising department.
7. Policies & Procedures within fundraising department
8. Co-ordination of fundraising department.
9. Hosting of St Bernard's Hospice website & social media
10. Attending all networking functions including Business Networking Institute, Border Kei Chamber of Business and any other corporate function where invited.
Successful Events organized
1. Clash of the Legends Pro 20 Cricket Match
I organized a first ever event in South Africa with the SA Cricket Legends VS the SA Rugby Legends pro 20 cricket match on 2 March 2013. This involves organizing the players accommodation, flights, transport, playing kit, meals etc as well as ticket design, advertising & marketing the event and sales to the public, disaster management plans including liasing with the Traffic Department, local police station, medical assistance,...
MIMMO'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT
January 2009 - February 2009
- In charge of opening and closing of restaurant
- In charge of all waiters and front of house staff.
- Dealt with orders and payments of suppliers.
Reason for leaving: Relocated to East London
April 2008 - December 2008
at a fine dining Restaurant
Reason for leaving: Promotion to Mimmo's
Hostess for French Fine Dining Restaurant
TRAITEUR - PARK HYATT DUBAI HOTEL
March 2007 - December 2007
in 5 star hotel (Park Hyatt Dubai Hotel), also liaising with the executive chef for the 2 private dining rooms, confirming bookings, menu's and special requirements for VIP guests of the hotel.
Reason for leaving: Relocated back to South Africa
BORDER HOSPICE ASSOCIATION t/a St Bernard's Hospice (NGO)
Events fundraiser - 01 February 2006 - 28 February 2007
Arranged events to raise funds and improve public relations.
Reason for leaving: Relocated to Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Waitress at Mediterranean Bistro
August 2005 - December 2005
Promotion of various products. Interaction and public relations with public.
Casual Floor Assistant
From September 2004
Work on week-ends when not playing sport and during holidays as casual floor assistant and internal sales at Sportsman's warehouse.
Experience in selling sport clothing, outdoor (camping) equipment, sport equipment etc.
Sportsman's warehouse is one of the biggest sport franchise businesses in South Africa.
Reason for leaving - casual holiday position, took permanent position at St Bernard's Hopsice
Clash of the Legends Pro 20 Cricket Match
I organized a first ever event in South Africa with the SA Cricket Legends VS the SA Rugby Legends pro 20 cricket match on 2 March 2013. This involves organizing the players accommodation, flights, transport, playing kit, meals etc as well as ticket design, advertising & marketing the event and sales to the public, disaster management plans including liasing with the Traffic Department, local police station, medical assistance, security for the event, waste management services. I also organized advertising opportunities for corporate to further support St Bernard’s Hospice for their socio economic development BEE score cards and 1% tax to charities. With this I also organized a coaching clinic with 207 previously disadvantaged children and a Benefit Dinner which falls exactly in line with the charity balls I have organized in the past. This event raised over R120 000 profit.
Cycle Challenge from Port Elizabeth to East London
Port Elizabeth to East London over 3 days, 100km a day with 30 cyclists cycling each day. This involves getting sponsors to donate product, cash donations, liaising with the SANRL, SAPS, traffic departments and medical assistance in all 5 district municipalities. Each year the event has doubled in profit with 2012 raising over R220 000 profit.
This event was organised annually from 2009 - 2012.
Qualifications & Certifications
Marketing Management Course
Clarendon Girls High School
Queenstown Girls High School
Balmoral Girls Primary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more