From September 2009
Participated yearly in Hamilton Community Holocaust Education Committee
providing holocaust education seminars to teachers and students, chaired 2010
March of the Living Program.
Kehila Community Day School
July 2007 - June 2012
• Specific focus on establishing administrative school systems, policies and procedures.
• Performing teacher evaluations and issuing employment contracts.
• Evaluation and revising school report card and parent/teacher
• Assist parents in the establishment of school parent council.
• Supervise staff in implementation of Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum along with integrated religious studies curriculum content.
• Hire and coordinate educational and specialty staff for small private religious
• Provide in-service training to teachers on: multi-level curriculum delivery, active
learning, ongoing assessment and reporting using rubrics; differentiated learning;
• Provide support to regular classroom teachers in the integration of exceptional
• Coordinate community outreach and public relations, along with school Board of
• Evaluation and redevelopment of school mission and vision - through Action
• Education and marketing school mission and vision to community professionals and potential donors and referral/recruitment sources.
• Prepare and present yearly budget to Board of Directors and application for funding.
• Monthly: compare and contrast yearly expenditures to past years and present
recommendations and procedures for school improvement to Board of Directors
Educational Consultant and Resource Teacher
September 2006 - June 2007
• Provided academic and special education consulting to staff, students and families at Star Academy.
• Provided student assessment and interpretation to staff on programming for students with specific learning disabilities or learning challenges.
• Developed academic program plan for students requiring remedial education or school support after school grades Kindergarten to Grade 12.
• Provided educational assessment and consulting services to students of Star
Academy and to private schools from Oakville to the GTA.
• Provided in-service training in learning disabilities, team teaching, Brain Gym, Direct
Instruction and Remediation Plus to teachers.
• Directly taught students with learning difficulties in math, reading, spelling and writing skills.
• Responsible for administration and reporting of student progress of the Star
August 1998 - July 2006
• Developed curricula and appropriate modifications/accommodations specific to individual student needs,
• Established and provide appropriate assistive technological support services to meet students' educational needs,
• Developed and implement social skill programs, individualized for each
• Hired and coordinate educational and support staff for small private school for exceptional students.
• Provided in-service training and information on learning issues such as traumatic brain injury, auditory and visual processing, attention and focus
difficulties, and social skill deficits.
Hamilton Midrasha High School Program
Developed and administered all high school interest and credit courses in history,
philosophy, comparative religions, Hebrew and Judaic studies for the Hamilton
• Worked closely with the Hamilton Jewish Federation in the administration of their educational flagship program.
• Hired teachers and a Director to teach courses
• Provided private school accreditation to the Midrasha High School program and provided documentation yearly for inspection by the Ontario Ministry of
Educational Consultation Services
From January 1991
Special Educational Assessment and Consulting
• Brought in to a local Private High School to prepare office admin and teacher for an Ontario Ministry of Education Inspection
• Currently commissioned to write a teacher manual on how to manage students with anxiety in the high school classroom
• Coordinated transition of exceptional students from Hamilton Learning Centre/
Lawrence College programs to mainstream public/private school systems.
• Attended and provided educational recommendations at board-level IPRC
hearings in elementary and high schools in the Golden Horseshoe.
• Submitted written evaluations and recommendations for future educational
programs for exceptional students.
• Prepared and supported the implementation of IEPs
• Provided advocacy support, instruction and recommendations to families of exceptional students.
• Commissioned to write Integrated Middle School Curriculum documents for a
tri-lingual enriched private school program based on Ontario Ministry of
Education documents in Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies and provide teacher training for grades 6, 7, 8 staff and administration.
• Provided assessment services, course delivery, and teacher-training in direct
instruction for program for students with traumatic brain injury to Chedoke-
McMaster Hospital Brain Injury Unit-B'nai Brith Cottage (Amos Rolider, Program
• Designed and conducted Action Research Project for community outreach in order to clarify new school's philosophy, mission and vision to the community at large.
• Published the results of the year-long research project in the Lookstein Centre
invoicing, and marketing
January 1990 - June 2006
Director and Owner
• Directed administrative team and assistant director responsible for teacher
training, scheduling and advertising; program supervisors; secretarial group;
psychological services - counselling and assessment services; accounting and business consultants.
• Development, implementation and assessment of yearly budget,
marketing/advertising plan, growth projections; proposal development to funding sources, government programs, and Ministry of Education.
• Administrative systems including: registration process, hiring and firing, teacher
evaluation process, part time and independent contractor contracts, policies and procedures, confidentiality and non competition agreements, intake and
assessment services, interactions with outside service groups, marketing and outreach, finance review and reporting.
• Reporting and updating Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health licensing and inspection provided high school credit courses to students with exceptional learning
Qualifications & Certifications
Charles Sturt University
Educational Administration and Curriculum Development
Ontario Institute of Studies in Education, University of Toronto
Special Education and Primary Specialist
Early Childhood Education
Ryerson Polytechnic Institute
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more