Marine Construction Manager
33 years experience within the construction arena, involving super structure and sub structure, extensively skilled in heavy civil engineering, Drainage, Marine civil engineering, Resort works, road works, bridge refurbishment and new build, Airport drainage and runway works, Factory reinforced concrete, Super structure reinforced concrete, Major reinforced steel design and tying, Concrete laying and finishing, Major experience in all methods of piling, Well versed in finishing Civil projects and super structure projects.
PACIFIC MARINE CIVIL SOLUTIONS 'FIJI
Reporting to project manager,
Responsible for setting out and piling of jetties and harbours in fiji. Dredging to water channels, new liner turning circles, reef protection walls, design and installation. Bridge abutment piling works for China rail Fiji. Caisson works, Larson sheet piling. Setting up and commissioning Crushing and screening plants, on island precast yard. installation. Precasting and placement of new reef walls.
Mauke and Mitiaro islands working on harbour upgrades.
Responsible for all site works, Hse, daily records, QA.
Local Government Liaison
Risk assessment and Work method statements.
Program of work schedule 'Microsoft project'.
Malau Fiji Sugar Cooperation, Fast track Turnkey Offshore Dolphin pile construction for sugar tankers, Preconstruction planning, Logistics, man power, barges and tug boats, piling barges, and piling equipment,
Pearl Resort, Pacific Harbour Fiji, New super yacht Marina, board walks, rock revetment works, Harbour dredging, Preconstruction planning, Procurement, client liason, consultant liason, logistics, dredging barges and tugs, Tidal studies,
NAVAYUGA ENGINEERING COMPANY LTD
From November 2008
Reporting to the project manager;
Responsible for all methods of construction for piling works on Al Reem island Abu Dhabi.
Risk assessment and method statements.
Direct liaison with Client and clients representatives.
Liaison with excavation contractors, Dewatering contractors.
All labour and machinery.
Steel and concrete QC.
Daily site reports.
CNIA Abu Dhabi, reporting direct to project manager
Responsible for All sub contractors on Sas Al nakheel Oil, Fas and water terminal
All piling contractors
New build and renovation contractors
New communication towers,
Under water Sonar devices
Motion sensor fencing
Zero tolerance access Zones in Petroleum fields
All set out,
Hse involving H2S gas
Road alterations, Bridge alterations,
Rail Rehabilitation project, 'Narrow Gauge'
Sectional rail replacement, involving new rail base work for drainage, New Swale drainage, Box culverts, Bridge bearing replacement
Mechanical points upgrading to electronic points.
Bridge sleeper replacement
Training of indigenous workforce
Tool box talks, all HSE, Liason with Local chiefs and tribal leaders
FLAMETREE DEVELOPMENTS FIJI LTD
December 2007 - November 2008
In charge of all day to day running of drainage crews on Laucala island.
All materials and machinery.
Marina construction from start to finish. including rock armour work
Construction of three new beaches on Laucala island.
Road construction and drainage involved.
Supervision and training of personnel with laser and optical equipment.
Liaison with architects, client and sub contractors onsite.
programming of dead line works.
Supervision of all main storm drainage and sub soil drainage on, Savusavu airport upgrade, Vanu Levu.
Design of foul and storm drainage, Swail drainage design.
PACIFIC BUILDING SYSTEMS
Currently working on one of the remote islands of Fiji Islands on Laucala Island Resort Projects which requires building of privately owned and highly sophisticated resort in Southern hemisphere. The project includes 300 building structures.
• Design and build, Site Set out
• Labour Management & Training
• Material Takeoff's
• Site Management
• Daily Supervision
• Steel fixing training and supervision.
• Shuttering and concrete works, concrete finishing's.
• Block work set out and construction,
• Traditional roofing structures.
Civils Site Agent
JJ WALKER LTD
Working on a variety of Local Authority (Government) contracts, including:
• Town centres and market refurbishment. Responsible for the construction of 400,000 sq ft building, all labour and plant hire, material and takeoffs and all site engineering functions.
• Heavy Industrial Units, Portal frame, roads and services to industrial estate
• Local Authority & Private Dwelling Maintenance including underpinning
• Public House New Build & Refurbishment Greenfield and Brownfield sites
• Brickwork and block work set out of main super structure, roof set out and construction, all internal finishing's.
Civil Site Manager
Total control of designing to building projects throughout UK. Projects included:
• Car showrooms, design and build nationwide
• Health & Fitness centres, nationwide, all roads, services and bridges included
• Warehousing, Portal frame, breaking ground to completion, roads and services
• Hotels, new build and refurbishment
• Apartments, new build and refurbishment, roads and services
• Public House, New and Refurbishment
• Brickwork and block work, All internal finishing's
Project Manager/Site Manager
EXPRESS STRUCTURES LTD
Complete responsibility to site management of design to build projects including:
• Ford Car Distribution Centre, Daventry -Portal frame steel structure building on pad foundations with inter-looking pre-cast beams. I was responsible for all construction, internal finishing's, all roads and services.
• Factory Units Newport Wales - completion of all engineering work together with overseeing all mechanical and electrical work. Roads and services
• Office Block Refurbishment (London)
• Galvanising Plant - complete project management, new portal frame factory with connecting brick office block, all roads services and car parks
Civil Site Manager
Varied experience in design to build projects, including:
• Car Dealerships, Complete set out, drainage, roads, car parks and services
• Public Houses & Hotels, internal structural works, new build and refurbishment, All fast track projects, including internal finishing's
• Leisure complexes, including swimming pool construction .Roads, bridges, car parks and services
• All site engineering, all classes of pile driven work, steel reinforced foundations, bridge decking and combined concrete works
TOPSHOW CONSTRUCTION LTD
Projects completed included:
• RC framed buildings, all steel fixing, shuttering and decking, concrete and concrete finishing, Brickwork, block work and finishing's.
• Ministry of Defence projects including Airbase Maintenance/ Maintenance to living quarters.
• Major civil engineering projects in conjunction with the National Rivers Authority.
Bricklayer/Foreman Bricklayer/Sub-Agent/Site Agent
SALOPIAN BUILDING COMPANY
Experienced gained in:
• Heavy industrial units. Foundations, flooring and brickwork, block work, roofing, plastering, including internal finishing's.
• Commercial dwellings, including internal finishing's.
• "Fast Track" fast food chain refurbishment
• English Heritage work on World Heritage Sites. Coalport china museum, ironbridge, Shropshire
• Building Maintenance to Ministry of Defence Bases including living quarters of all levels.
KENNY JONES LTD
Experience gained in:
• Demolition above and below ground, Brickwork, block work and setting out.
• Commercial and domestic dwellings, foundations, drainage and brickwork
• Heavy industrial Civils, drainage, steel, concrete finishing and roads
• Pub refurbishment
Qualifications & Certifications
Craftwork Brickwork Shrewsbury college of arts and technology
Bricklaying Shrewsbury college of arts and technology
City & Guilds
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more