Claim you profile
My first feature script LIPGLOSS was optioned by producers Liz Rymer and Colin Pons at Studio of the North. In other work `i was hired to do a re-write and punch up on the pilot episode of the sci-fi comedy STAR HYKE (Light-Worx Productions) .
I developed BOY/GIRL a young adult TV drama series for producers Elliott Davis and Kevin Godley.
Bad Boyz Club a series about the darker side of the music industry was developed for ITV 2 as part of their first look initiative though unfortunately never produced.
I wrote the first draft of Inseminoid 2 for Richard Gordon Productions and Lesser Evil a comedy horror for David Michael’s Filmworks (John Carpenters Vampires, Groucho and Me).
I directed and wrote the award-winning documentary “A Personal Journey” a film about Romanian orphans for RTE Ireland.
My most recent script Killing Time has been optioned by Ball Park Picture.
As well as a screenwriter I am working director & producer, with dozens of credits for broadcast, music videos and TV commercials. I have shot and developed the concepts for several Music Videos for The Human League, John Taylor (Duran Duran), Joe Elliotts Down ‘n’ Outz amongst others.
I have been member of the Writers Guild since 2004.
I am currently in freelance situation producing and directing commercials for Television, corporate clients and On-line use with several advertising, production and branding agencies.
Production consultant: I worked with a small production company developing their recourses and business skills that lead to a turn around in profits within a 12 month period.
Senior Producer/Director Logistik Ltd
Corporate video I
As Senior producer for the Leeds and London based creative & production company that specialising primarily in Corporate video I was responsible for liaising with clients, building the accounts and managing projects from their conception through to final delivery. As one of a small but busy production team I was managing a variety of different sized projects for such clients as Lloyds banking group, M&S, BUPA as well new brands with considerably smaller budgets. My tasks included; Client relationships, developing and contributing to pitch proposals. The Planning of productions, and over seeing postproduction.
Head of Production Gel Media
As the head of development at GEL Media in Sheffield, my duties consisted of developing and originating stand-alone programmes and series ideas as well as an in house Director and Producer.
• I was responsible for all the companies' program production activity.
• The main focus on developing television production in areas such as drama, comedy, and factual entertainment.
• The intent was over time to develop a portfolio that would include production for new media creation.
• To coordinate the planning and management to launch of Gel Media.
• To ensure that GEL Media is in compliance with all legal obligations including Ofcom licensing, copyright and transmission agreements.
• To support the recruitment and mentoring of the production teams.
Head of Creative Production Televideo Productions
My duties consist of developing and originating stand-alone programmes and series ideas as well as developing relationships with broadcasters and commissioning editors. Other duties include over seeing production as the in house director/producer on special projects predominantly for SKY Sports.
• Responsible for production on a variety of programming, chiefly the highly
successful netball series for Sky Sports.
• Managed the production crews, design team, allocated work and monitored project development.
• Ensured projects were delivered on time and to budget to the broadcaster
• I was responsible for directing the organization's operational policies, objectives, and initiatives.
life of writer
Edgar Allan Poe for Woolfsong Productions
I directed the feature film, POE.
Freelance Producer & Director
Up to October 2003
From September 2000
Since September 2000 I worked for various production companies developing and filming a variety of programmes, commercials & music videos production company notably I wrote and directed a two year documentary on the life of Daniel O Donnell, the Irish singer for RTE and PBS.
Head of Production
I facilitated the efficient and effective running of production, from concept to delivery with clients that were the industry leaders in creative broadcasting.
• I responsible for the organization of the production team and the facilities to ensure the effective provision of production to clients & broadcasters.
• Manage day-to-day activities including; recruitment and selection of crew, budgeting & scheduling. a small team of 6 full time staff and a plethora of freelancers.
• Worked closely with the accounts team to manage client expectations
• Wrote and directed projects.
• Responsible for concepts, execution and production functions
• Produced & directed A Personal Journey for RTE - the highest views standalone programme in Irish broadcast history. Nominated for a IAFTA.
Wildlight Media: Creative Director
An innovative and high-quality production company working within the corporate sector, music videos and television commercials.
• I was responsible for a wide range projects from big budgets with traditional spots to those that required creative producing and resourceful budgeting.
• Responsible for managing clients
• Worked closely with agency's Creative Director to develop creative concepts
• Produce, direct and write
• Developed an eclectic range of projects.
BBC RADIO Leeds 2008-2012
Lecturer: Screenwriting and video production
June 1987 - July 1990
Production Assistant to the director Russell Mulchay: Music videos, commercial and features
Corporate Clients Include:
BUPA, Proact, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Unilever, Swiss Re, The Balhousie Group., M&S
Radio broadcaster and journalist:
Qualifications & Certifications
Media & Communications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more