I specialize in Reckon Accounts.
September 2013 - February 2014
(Position now redundant)
Provided all bookkeeping duties for the company and its subsidiaries
including Trust Account and inter-company loans, preparation of BAS and financial reporting. Other duties included:
Administration & Management Accounting
• Restructuring of a new Chart of Accounts & company file for a company client
• On site - work including Reckon Training. Provide instructional video for company training re: administration of regular bookkeeping duties
particular to this company.
Kinns Pty Ltd
Key Responsibilities and achievements included:
• Successfully reconciled and finalised 3 year backlog of supplier reconciliations and collected
• Reorganised filing system and implemented new procedures
• Managed stationary supplies and held responsibility for purchasing office equipment
• Liaised with IT professionals, updated and maintained QuickBooks computer network
• Received and recorded all payables and arranged payments
• Conducted daily tracking of accounts receivable and payables
• Prepared regular reports and summaries of account balances
• Generated financial statements, debtor listings and collections
• Verified recorded transactions and reported any irregularities/discrepancies to management
• Reconciled Payables/Receivables, supplier and bank statements.
• Provided monthly profit and loss reports directly to Manager
• Prepared daily banking and maintained petty cash
• Fielded queries from customers, visitors and other staff members
Provided bookkeeping services to a range of businesses, with core responsibilities encompassing:
• Liaised with clients and their accountants regarding administrative and bookkeeping
• Developed, implemented and maintained procedures to streamline bookkeeping activities.
- Bank reconciliations and processing of transactions
- Invoicing and receipting
- Financial reporting
- EOM processing
- FYE company reporting and processing
- Account reconciliations for intercompany loans etc.
- Debtor/Creditor maintenance, including debt collection
- General office administration, both on and off site
- Full Data Entry Service
• Tracked work in progress
• Preparation of financial reports and Business Activity Statements. Superannuation,
PAYG, Payroll Tax, Online reporting to Office of State Revenue (Qld), WorkCover and FYE
Reconciling and reporting.
Tutor/Higher Duties Teacher
Brisbane Institute of TAFE
Initially employed as a Casual Tutor, providing instruction in Animal Care, I was consequently
employed on a full time basis. Key responsibilities included:
• Engaged adult students who are balancing the demands of family/work/study
• Be aware of culturally sensitivity and have the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and always adhere to the "Code of Ethics" provided.
• Facilitation of practical and theoretical training and competency assessments of enrolled students
• Record results and attendance according to Quality Assurance (audited) and best practice methods
• Work collaboratively as part of the faculty, displaying appropriate team ethos
• Complete pre and post semester administration in relation to funding, budgeting,
timetabling, resourcing, planning, course reviews, enrolments and course enquiries
• Ongoing Professional Development and industry involvement including seminars and workshops, as well as acting as a presenter and continuing to work as a Veterinary Nurse
• Successfully contributed to the development, design and delivery of competency based
- Assessment and analysis of training needs
- Resource materials and implementation of strategies
- Attended meetings with relevant Industry Advisory Bureau contributing to the analysis and development of current industry training needs
- Contributed to the method and implementation of ASF levels relevant to certificate levels achieved
- Administrated cross credit & RPL processes for students from old course to newly
introduced competency based training package.
Prior to and during this period, I also completed the bookkeeping and administrative
responsibilities of the family owned plumbing business.
Qualifications & Certifications
Brisbane Institute of TAFE
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more