I specialize in Reckon Accounts.
September 2013 - February 2014
(Position now redundant)
Provided all bookkeeping duties for the company and its subsidiaries
including Trust Account and inter-company loans, preparation of BAS and financial reporting. Other duties included:
Administration & Management Accounting
• Restructuring of a new Chart of Accounts & company file for a company client
• On site - work including Reckon Training. Provide instructional video for company training re: administration of regular bookkeeping duties
particular to this company.
Kinns Pty Ltd
Key Responsibilities and achievements included:
• Successfully reconciled and finalised 3 year backlog of supplier reconciliations and collected
• Reorganised filing system and implemented new procedures
• Managed stationary supplies and held responsibility for purchasing office equipment
• Liaised with IT professionals, updated and maintained QuickBooks computer network
• Received and recorded all payables and arranged payments
• Conducted daily tracking of accounts receivable and payables
• Prepared regular reports and summaries of account balances
• Generated financial statements, debtor listings and collections
• Verified recorded transactions and reported any irregularities/discrepancies to management
• Reconciled Payables/Receivables, supplier and bank statements.
• Provided monthly profit and loss reports directly to Manager
• Prepared daily banking and maintained petty cash
• Fielded queries from customers, visitors and other staff members
Provided bookkeeping services to a range of businesses, with core responsibilities encompassing:
• Liaised with clients and their accountants regarding administrative and bookkeeping
• Developed, implemented and maintained procedures to streamline bookkeeping activities.
- Bank reconciliations and processing of transactions
- Invoicing and receipting
- Financial reporting
- EOM processing
- FYE company reporting and processing
- Account reconciliations for intercompany loans etc.
- Debtor/Creditor maintenance, including debt collection
- General office administration, both on and off site
- Full Data Entry Service
• Tracked work in progress
• Preparation of financial reports and Business Activity Statements. Superannuation,
PAYG, Payroll Tax, Online reporting to Office of State Revenue (Qld), WorkCover and FYE
Reconciling and reporting.
Tutor/Higher Duties Teacher
Brisbane Institute of TAFE
Initially employed as a Casual Tutor, providing instruction in Animal Care, I was consequently
employed on a full time basis. Key responsibilities included:
• Engaged adult students who are balancing the demands of family/work/study
• Be aware of culturally sensitivity and have the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and always adhere to the "Code of Ethics" provided.
• Facilitation of practical and theoretical training and competency assessments of enrolled students
• Record results and attendance according to Quality Assurance (audited) and best practice methods
• Work collaboratively as part of the faculty, displaying appropriate team ethos
• Complete pre and post semester administration in relation to funding, budgeting,
timetabling, resourcing, planning, course reviews, enrolments and course enquiries
• Ongoing Professional Development and industry involvement including seminars and workshops, as well as acting as a presenter and continuing to work as a Veterinary Nurse
• Successfully contributed to the development, design and delivery of competency based
- Assessment and analysis of training needs
- Resource materials and implementation of strategies
- Attended meetings with relevant Industry Advisory Bureau contributing to the analysis and development of current industry training needs
- Contributed to the method and implementation of ASF levels relevant to certificate levels achieved
- Administrated cross credit & RPL processes for students from old course to newly
introduced competency based training package.
Prior to and during this period, I also completed the bookkeeping and administrative
responsibilities of the family owned plumbing business.