I have numerous years of experience in the work force; therefore I am efficient, practical and adaptable to all situations, a quicker learner who embraces challenges, as well as a proficient individual with exceptional organizational skills in creating accepted work rhythm and defined conclusions. Loyalty, persistence and my careful eye for detail, define me as a meticulous team leader, who delivers within the anticipated results.
I have always adopted a professional approach to my challenges and I am confident that I shall strategically manage my tasks, so that I am always efficient and proficient in what is expected and even prepared to go the extra mile to achieve more.
In conclusion, I believe that it is my commitment, dedication, skills and experience has prepared me to accept such challenges and make a total success of it, and am prepared to relocate to any area within South Africa.
In 1989, I joined the financial sector, where I gained 12 years of experience of dealing with the public directly as well as indirectly, then united with Eskom in June 2001, where I worked in the project field from June 2002. I was accountable for carrying out a project from execution phase to close out, assisting in the pre-execution planning of the projects.
Having have completed my Project Management Diploma in December 2005 and becoming a member of the International Project Management Institute, on 08 October 2008, and being awarded 1st runner up for safety in Eskom Transmission, I am now seeking new challenges in the in a different field which effectively utilizes my professional experience and at the same time gaining first hand skills in a different environment, using my analytical skills and commitment to perform quality work.
My biggest achievement was the co-ordination of launch of the institute on the 27 January 2011, which was inaugurated by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. This entailed communicating between various stakeholders, verbally and written, from the Presidential office to scholars.
I'm a firm believer in learning from adversity and lead by example, just the way I want others to conduct themselves.
Movest Business Unit
From August 2011
• Accurate reporting to Project Manager
• Providing feedback at Management Meetings
• Maintaining a high morale amongst 65 staff to ensure accurate capturing
• Payment runs for the data capturers
• Exporting and Importing of captured data on a daily basis
• Approving/declining leave
From August 2010
Developing working relationships with students, internal and external stakeholders
• Timely and accurate record keeping
• Performing independent and collaborative research on strategically relevant issues in support of projects/events led by the Director;
• Accurate reporting to line interim director
• Manage information and communication for and about the Institute , to all stakeholders;
• Co-ordinating meetings, events and functions
• Support relevant activities at institutional level, including meeting administration as required;
• Organising meetings and sending out appointments to manager and soon to be appointed staff.
From June 2001
• Budget Management • Cash Flow Projections • Commercial Process • Construction Regulations • Contractor Management • Design Business Case • Project Execution • Project Progress Safety and Health (OHSA) Scope of Work Risk Assessment Project Reviews • Project Cost Management • Project Close-out • Conceptual Business Case Compilation • PFMA reporting • NEC • Environmental Requirements • LIRC – secretariat • Creating of WBS • Creating Of Purchase Orders on SAP • Creating Of Service Entries • Register all incoming Payment Certificates / Tax Invoices • Report Late / outstanding payments • Release of Retentions • Assist in compiling contract documents • Task Orders • Ordering of Materials • Requesting of Final Assets Numbers • Journals • Creating PRs • Checking and Distributing of Budgets • Creating ERA (F150) & FRA (F101) • Closing of Projects • Drawing of Reports: • Detail line report • Month-End reports • Filing • Assist in compiling contract documents • Report Late / outstanding payments • Release of Retentions • Assist in compiling contract documents
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more