Manager, Director, and Administrator
Experienced Manager, Director and Administrator and a strong leader and decision maker. Successfully planned and coordinated several major events including the Micronesian Medical Symposium 2005,2007. Project manager for the 2006 Physician's Directory for the Guam Medical Society. Other events include Event Organizer for the Guam Medical Society's Gubernatorial Debates-2006 Primary and General Election Debates,and the 2007 Island Wide Medical Mission.
November 2011 - December 2012
- 2025 Army Drive, Suite #101, Dededo, GU 96913
• Planned and executed business pre-opening action plan and projects for wholesale and distribution company.
• Actively recruited and interviewed potential office and sales staff.
• Solicited sales for medical, pharmaceutical, and dental supplies.
• Conducted sales planning meetings to implement strategies to increase sales.
• Analyzed sales and created marketing plans and presentations to drive the business.
• Designed and maintained company website.
Sorensen Media Group
August 2008 - October 2008
- 111 Chalan Santo Papa, Hagatna, GU 96910
• Solicited sales for television advertising for ABC Channel 7 and Fox Channel 6 networks.
• Planned, developed, and assisted in production of television commercials and radio commercial spots.
• Negotiated promotion packages to assist clients with their media campaign plans.
Otis Elevator Company
June 2007 - July 2008
- 215 Rojas Street, Suite #120, Harmon, GU 96913
• Managed payroll, collections, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
• Completed and mailed bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.
• Managed and maintained client files and documents.
• Monitored and maintained client service requests for elevator and escalator systems service.
• Completed 7 Business Ethics Courses.
Guam Medical Society - Guam Memorial Hospital
January 2005 - July 2007
, Tamuning, GU 96913
• Planned and executed events for GMS including 2nd and 3rd Micronesian Medical Symposium, 2007 Island
wide Medical Mission, 2006 GMS Inaugural Ball, 2006 5K Run/Walk, and the 2006 Gubernatorial Debates.
• Coordinated meetings with physicians on the GMS Board of Directors and secured speakers for the CME
(Continuing Medical Education) presentations.
• Represented GMS and increased organization awareness with local businesses and community groups
University of Guam - UOG Station
April 1998 - October 1999
, Mangilao, GU 96923
• Executed all administrative tasks related to the Office of Sponsored Programs.
• Implemented procedures for grant applications and grant renewal.
• Provided on-going information for faculty and staff regarding sponsorship, policy changes and funding opportunities and grant application procedures.
• Designed and maintained website for program office.
Catering Sales Executive
Hyatt Regency Guam
April 1998 - September 1998
• Planned and executed sales for events including birthdays, weddings, conferences, and other events.
• Advised clients on menu selection, decorations, audio/visual, floor plans, and event details.
• Worked with Executive Chef and other hotel staff to ensure event plans were executed to the highest
Sales Supervisor/Merchandising Assistant
October 1995 - February 1998
, Tumon, GU 96913
• Merchandising Assistant (1997-1998)
• Prepared purchased orders and generated inter-department transfers.
• Worked with buyer to analyze inventory and strategically distribute merchandise to stores.
• Maintained vendor relations regarding purchase orders, return authorizations and merchandising plans.
• Sales Supervisor (1995-1997)
• Managed, supervised and trained 44 sales associates.
• Conducted meetings, vendor training, merchandising objectives, and tracked daily and monthly sales progress.
• Worked closely with General Manager and department buyers to analyze store performance.
PCI Communications, Inc
January 1994 - July 1995
101 Chalan Santo Papa, Hagatna, GU 96910
• Solicited sales for long distance and data services
• Created presentations, competitive analysis and other marketing materials to promote services.
• Programmed office machines to ensure business customer's PCI services were easily accessible.
Technical Assistant/Nutrition Assistant
University of Guam
March 1992 - October 1993
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program, UOG Station, Mangilao, GU 96923
• Planned and executed recruitment of clients for a federally-funded nutrition education program.
• Worked closely with clients in federal assistance programs with presentations and cooking demonstrations.
• Documented and recorded client data for research and program purposes.
Shoe Department Manager
Ann Taylor, Inc
April 1990 - December 1991
• Planned and executed sales and merchandising plan for shoe department.
• Assisted customers with selection of tops, bottoms, accessories and shoes.
• Managed customer binders to keep track of loyal customers and respond to requests.
• Achieved Top 5 shoe sales ranking among Ann Taylor stores in the country.
Assistant Buyer/Department Manager
Liberty House Department Stores
August 1988 - April 1990
• Prepared and inputted purchase orders into buying office system.
• Assisted department buyer with tracking daily and monthly sales for all branch stores.
• Executed markdowns to move slow/seasonal merchandise.
• Worked closely with vendors to follow up on orders and resolve discrepancies or other issues.
• Developed and executed product/merchandising training with sales associates to increase sales.
• Express Shop Department Manager, Holiday Season 1989.
SACS PTO President 2008-2010, Currently Advisory Board Member
Parent Volunteer with St. Anthony Catholic School as current member of the Advisory Board, former PTO President, and as the Raiders Boys Basketball Parent Support Group Coordinator (3 years). I have actively participated in the event planning for several major events including 5Ks, Golf Tournaments and other fundraisers.
Start Up Business Consultant
I was hired as a Business Consultant to assist in the development of a new medical, dental, and pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution business. I worked on all the pre-opening steps including applying for a business license and for a pharmaceutical license for wholesale and distribution. Other tasks included finding a commercial space for the office, working with government agencies to get clearances including the Guam Fire Department. I assisted in securing office furniture, office supplies, and other necessary supplies for the warehouse. Other important tasks including interviewing potential office and sales staff. I also worked on the design and layout of the office space and securing a contractor to complete the work. I also was part of choosing the name of the business and designing the website.
Dressmaking and Alternations
I offer professionally designed wedding gowns and special occasion dresses. I have also designed costumes for dance groups, as well as Halloween costumes and costumes for school programs.
Corporate Cookie Gift Boxes
My part-time work includes baking home-made chocolate chip cookies and packaging them up for corporate gift-giving for Christmas.
Qualifications & Certifications
Fashion Design and Merchandising
University of Hawaii at Manoa
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Saint Anthony Catholic School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more