My career and study experience has led me to specialize increasingly in the production, planning, styling and forecasting of fashion shoots for media purposes. I have experience in: methodical administration to deadlines, application of modern leadership methods, sourcing product for fashion productions, co-ordinating and production of shoots, casting models, composition of briefs and still photography styling. My own cosmopolitan and objective interest in fashion has also left me confident in handling negotiations that require the reconciliation of different opinions, perspectives and personal style to otherwise common problems.
Assistant Fashion Editor
Rooi Rose Magazine
June 2010 - April 2013
Pre-Production of shoot:
• Research on upcoming fashions for each season.
• Composition and distribution of brief for shoot.
• Ordering of Z-cards and arranging castings.
• Follow up with suppliers to confirm whether or not they will be sending clothing and accessories.
• Confirm deadline, shoot date and theme.
• Sourcing of clothing and accessories.
• Coordinating all sample pick-ups and returns of clothing and accessories.
• Labelling and checking of clothing and accessories.
• Optioning and confirming of photographer, hair and make-up artist and models.
• Scouting and arranging of locations.
• Arranging and supervising fittings with models.
• Sending of call times, order numbers and requesting of invoices.
• Packing of toolbox for shoot purposes.
• Sourcing and hiring of props.
• Assurance that all needed equipment will be at location on day of shoot.
• Steaming of clothing and taping of shoe soles.
• Supervising and styling of shoot.
• Writing of shot list.
• Managing of shoot budget.
• Assisting editor in general/ administrative tasks.
• Returning of all fashion items and products.
• Checking of all invoices.
• Writing of main fashion copy and shopping pages.
• Confirming product prices and accreditations.
• Compiling of stockiest.
• Suggestions of page layout.
• Fielding questions and tasks from the fashion department, stylists, interns, the photo department, showrooms and publicists.
Qualifications & Certifications
Graphic and web design
Bcom Marketing Management
Hugenote High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more