Claim you profile
Experienced Hospitality Manager
A passionate, honest and hard working manager, versatile, with excellent business acumen. I possess extensive and in-depth knowledge, experience as well as qualifications in hospitality industry. Always able to adapt and apply new methods and procedures to maximum effect. I am customer focused and set myself high but realistic standards and targets and like to succeed.
Food & Beverage Manager
HOLIDAY INN HOTELS & RESORTS
February 2006 - July 2013
• Responsible for the operation of all food & beverage outlets of the hotel, ensuring departmental financial targets are consistently achieved.
• Co-ordinating the preparation, presentation and service of food and beverage products ensuring the highest quality at all times.
• Co-ordinating with the FC to ensure par stocks and stock controls measures are in place to ensure maximum profitability.
• Responsible for Forecast, Budget and Cost control.
• Responsible for auditing and maintaining our and our partners’ brand standards.
• Actively demonstrate service attributes and train the team to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
• Via Team member appraisals, manage the team’s departmental training and development and ensuring their welfare and a happy working environment.
• Interacting with external clients and local community members raising the profile of the hotel and creating good relationships with the local community.
• Identifying new opportunities to increase the revenue and profitability of the hotel F&B departments.
• Duty Management.
Crowne Plaza Nottingham
November 2004 - February 2006
• Responsible for the operation of the main hotel restaurant (145 covers)
• Responsible for the operation of Room Service (210 bedrooms)
• Food & Drink Trainer.
• Food Safety Trainer
• Via Team member appraisals, manage the team's departmental training and development
• Responsible for operating the department within the departmental budgetary targets
• Identifying new opportunities to increase the revenue and profitability of the restaurant and room service
• Duty Management.
Logistics & Distribution Coordinator
Natural Bath & Body Care Product Importers & Distributors
March 2003 - November 2004
• Responsible for sourcing negotiating with principals and purchasing products.
• Responsible for co-ordinating shipments of products to and from inland and abroad.
• Purchase & Sales Ledger.
• Monitoring client account activity.
• Monitoring product activity and with the Sales manager review strategies of sales and report to the directors with suggestions.
• Preparation of budgets for submission to the directors.
• Office Management.
• Organisation and management of exhibitions.
Assistant General Manager (Catering Manager)
Rentokil Initial Group
February 2000 - February 2003
Major Contract Catering Company
Client: Greater Manchester Ambulance Service Training Centre
• Managing the day-to-day business of both residential and F&B side of the contract.
• Compilation of P&L reports to HQ and monthly reconciliation.
• Personnel management, including staff appraisals, training and development.
• Leading the management team in continuously developing and adapt their department performance in new ways and updated methods.
• Created Standards of Performance, for F&B and C&B Departments as well as Duty Management.
• Food Safety (ISO 9002) & Health and Safety Manager.
• Compilation on annual budget.
• Achieved an annual 25% growth of both business and net profit every year.
Acting Food & Beverage Manager
Manchester Town Hall
September 1995 - January 2000
Civic Catering Contract Company
Client: Manchester City Council
• Responsible for the organisation, planning and delivery of high profile Civic and private functions and conferences.
• Managing a large team of full-time and casual staff.
• Identify the needs and implement methods of service achieving high standard performances equal to the level of clientele (Heads of States, Public and Private Sector Corporations).
• Invoicing clients for events
• Wet stock control.
• Improve the administration of the department.
Dec 1982 - Sep 1995
I have held a number management and supervisory positions within the hospitality industry in both Greece and UK.
Qualifications & Certifications
Supervision & Management
Kifissia Grammar School for Boys
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more