Public Sector Supply Chain Specialist
20 years of Public Sector Procurement expertise in South Africa, thereof 6 years as Independent Consultant plus 14 years of experience as public sector staff;
Thorough knowledge and understanding of Public Sector Supply Chain Management (Supply Chain Management); knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA); Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA); Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA); Treasury Regulation in terms of the PFMA for Supply Chain Management (SCM); Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations in terms of the MFMA; Regulations in terms of the PPPFA; Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act (B-BBEE).
Practical experience in Acquisition management, logistics management, distribution of goods and warehouse management;
Thorough understanding of the national (South African) transformation goals, the public sector, and the service delivery challenges was gained during the development of the Bid Rigging Training Material.;
Experience in Implementing SCM to municipalities/ local authorities in South Africa from developing legislative guidelines to training and workshops on implementation;
Knowledge of procurement rules of major international donors (EU PRAG, USAID, Belgium (including Flanders), CIDA, and SIDA);
2 years of experience in learning material design and development for the public sector, being able to use a variety of interactive methodologies, evaluated training material submitted by private training providers to ensure compliance and factual correctness of content.
In depth knowledge of the Education, Training and Development Practitioners’ (ETDP) environment, National Qualifications Frameworks and outcomes-based course development was gained during my career at the National Treasury;
Ability to apply technologies to enhance programme design and delivery – evident in the development of the Bid Rigging Training Material.
Experience as a trainer and in development of procurement and operational manual
Part Time Lecturer
Mr Wesley Niemann
From January 2009
Appointed as a part-time lecturer to present courses on Public Sector Supply Chain Management.
• Programme in SCM European Logistician (EJ LOG);
• Hands On SCM for Public Sector;
• Bid Committees (PFMA & MFMA).
SCM Turn Around Specialist
Govan Mbeki Local Municipality
Up to March 2011
, Secunda Ms Noreen Ndlovu Cellphone: 083 607 6330 SCM Turn Around Specialist Appointed as the Management Consultant to Re-Engineer the Supply Chain Management Unit for the Municipality.
07/2009 (2-day session)
Dr Newton Stoffels
Telephone: 012 441 6854
Subject Matter Expert: SCM
Generated unit standards for the Bid Committee System for both PFMA and MFMA. Offered services as a subject matter expert on supply chain management in the public sector.
Public Administration Leadership and Management Academy
Mr Sipho Manana
From January 2008
Cellphone: 079 864 9561
Appointed as an independent consultant to present courses on Public Sector Supply Chain Management to officials in the National, Provincial and Local spheres of government and also to perform assessments on unit standard accredited courses.
• Supply Chain Management 1
• Supply Chain Management Block 1 & 2
• SCM for Municipalities & Municipal Entities
• SCM Introduction for Senior Managers
• Contract Management (PFMA & MFMA)
• Bid Committees (PFMA & MFMA)
• eLearning Tutor (Bid Committees)
Institute for Public Finance and Auditing (IPFA):
Ms Zahra Cassim (CEO)
Telephone: 012 345 1319
The IPFA has formed a strategic partnership with the National Treasury, RSA to develop a Capacity Building Model for Financial Management (CBMFM) that will provide the South African public sector with a systematic approach to building financial management capacity that would be both sustainable and integrated. I was appointed as the subject matter expert for the Supply Chain Management (SCM) functional area of financial management.
• Provided Public Sector advisory services and was accountable for the compilation of the Supply Chain Management Competency Deliverables (incl. focus group deliverables, research deliverables, competency framework deliverables, job profiles deliverables and organisational design deliverables).
Mr Vernon Naidoo
July 2007 - July 2010
Appointed as the Tender Ombudsman. Some of the responsibilities included:
• Providing an opinion on the tender process in terms of transparency, equity, cost effectiveness, competitiveness and value for money;
• Forming an opinion on whether the SETA has followed applicable procedures and policies in the awarding of contracts;
• Providing an opinion on the potential of conflict of interest within the tenders proposals;
• Performing assessments on the BEE status of prospective tenders;
• Providing recommendations on improvements or changes in the tender process.
07- 11/ 2009 Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Mpumalanga Provincial Treasury:
Ms Quuen Sibiya
Telephone: 013 766 4353
Trainer / Facilitator
Conducted workshops on the 3-Bid Committee System to 500 officials from departments and municipalities in terms of the PFMA & MFMA. Officials were equipped with the knowledge and skills required on the composition, roles and responsibilities of the Specification, Evaluation & Adjudication Committees. Officials were taught on the correct application of the Preference Points System (namely the 80/20 and 90/10).
06/2008 - Present
No reference person as self-employed
Development of the following management and training solutions for both public and private sector organisations in the area of Supply Chain Management (SCM):
• Organisational Procurement Diagnostic & Review
• Supply Chain Management Implementation
• Gap Analysis / Needs Analysis
Supply Chain Management Policy development in accordance with applicable legislation and internationally best practices
• Drafting of Supply Chain Management Delegations of Authority
• Operational Workflow (Process Maps) and Procedure Manuals
• Design Templates
• Tender Management
• Supply Chain Management Advisory Service
09/2007 - 05/2008
Bearing Management Consulting:
Mr Tjaart van der Walt
Cellphone: 083 390 7898
Mr Simon Masilela
April 2004 - November 2004
• Implemented and managed the Supply Chain Management function of the Department by drafting the Departmental Supply Chain Management Policy in line with the PFMA and Treasury Regulation 16A;
• Scrutinized tender specifications and terms of reference prior to the advertisement of bids;
• Attended site meetings and information sessions to clarify any misconceptions;
• Guided procurement officials on the process to follow when implementing Supply Chain Management;
• Conducted Supplier Evaluation to foster good working relations and uninterrupted service delivery and oversee the maintenance of the Supplier Database (i-Qual);
• Provided regular status reports, highlighting trends and risks, deviations, delays and appropriate recommendations;
• Advisor on the Bid Specification; Evaluation and Adjudication Committees.
• Management of staff (13)
01/1993 - 03/2004
Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria,
Department of Defence:
Colonel Dirk Louw
Cellphone: 083 654 8501
Deployed in various Procurement Sections within the department. Held the following positions:
Assistant Director (Contract Management)
Supplier Performance Management
Headed the Contract Administration department for all contracts above R30, 000 and long terms agreements. Some of the activities in Contract Management include, Supplier Performance Management; Price Escalations, Ceding of Contracts, Late Deliveries, etc.
• 1997: Senior Verification Clerk (Pretoria) - Verification of stock items within the Department.
• 1995 to 1996: Verification Clerk (Durban) - Responsible for the verification of stock items (76,000 accounts) and to take the appropriate actions.
• 1994: Disposal Clerk (Cape Town) - Disposal is the final process of the Supply Chain Management Model when an institution needs to do away with unserviceable, redundant or obsolete movable assets.
• 1993: Basic Military Training (Cape Town).
15. Other relevant information (e.g. publications):
• Generated unit standards for the Bid Committee System for both PFMA and MFMA
• Developed e-Learning Material for Bid Committees(SCM) - PALAMA
• Reviewed and updated MFMA SCM Learner Material for US 116353 - National Treasury
• Developed Training Plan and Programme for MFMA SCM US ID 116353 - Siyakhula Trust (accredited by National Treasury)
Mobile: +2783 659 1584
Municipal Infrastructure Support Agency
Led SCM work stream on this assignment;
• Scope of entire assignment was to complete planning of key processes and legal establishment of the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agency as a Government Component
• Other work streams included legal establishment, finance, HR, knowledge and change management
Pricewater House Coopers:
Cellphone: 082 373 4428
Office: +27 12 315 5479
Cellphone 079 699 1080
Key Expert - Supply Chain & Procurement
Technical Assistance for the Official Development Assistance Programme (ODA-P) funded by the European Union (EU):
• Implemented and managed an interim procurement help desk to offer immediate support to programme managers, provincial co-ordinators and other role-players.
• Simplified the EU PRAG into a practical tool.
• Comparison of the EU PRAG with the South African SCM System.
• Developed Process Maps for South African SCM System.
• Developed Procurement Best Practice Guide.
• Simplified the following donor's procurement procedures: EU PRAG; USAID; Belgium (including Flanders); CIDA; and SIDA.
• The following standard templates have been developed: general procurement documentation; bidding documentation; template for Writing Specifications; template for Developing ToRs.
01/2011 - 05/2011
Dr Newton Stoffels
Phone: 012 441 6854
For Competition Commission
Training Material Developer
Training Material Developer: The Detection & Combating of Bid Rigging in the Public Sector. The purpose of the Bid Rigging training course is to equip supply chain officials and other role players to identify the different forms of bid rigging and to design internal supply chain processes and controls to minimize the risks of bid rigging. In charge of the development of Learner Guide; Facilitator Guide; Course Matrix; Course Strategy; PowerPoint Presentation; and Formative & Summative Assessments.
Qualifications & Certifications
Conduct Outcomes-based Assessment
Assessment College of South Africa
Merebank High School, Durban
Storekeeping and Stock Control
Damelin Management School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more