Claim you profile
Operatons And Materials Management
Proficient in ERP systems, MicroSoft Office, Lean Champion, Six Sigma Green Belt, APICS certified
Materials & Warehouse Manager
Fleet Engineers Inc
From August 2010
Re-implementation of ERP system and strategic resourcing of warehouse operations in US and Canada. Manage five remote warehouse operations in addition to internal material operations.
Director of Materials
Fisher & Co
July 2009 - January 2010
Led the implementation of the Plex ERP software system in three plants in North America.
Senior Business Consultant
March 2009 - July 2009
Provided turn around and material management consulting services to companies in the United States and Canada.
ERP Project Manager
Lead project team in the Implementation of new ERP/MRP software package in multiple plants in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
SKD Automotive Group
Turn around deficient plant. Streamline material/scheduling functions. Activate capacity plan to review demand loads. ERP system implementation - multiple plants
• Generated immediate performance improvement and return to profitability in underachieving plant by deploying turnaround strategies to lead 8-member team to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Accomplishments include elimination of premium freight ($500K), improvement from 65% on time delivery to 100%, inventory turns increased from 12 to 25, re-implementation of existing business systems with the integration of Kan Ban, budget reductions exceeding 35%, launched new programs, and achieved inventory accuracies of 99.8%.
• Played a key role on executive management teams in plant turnarounds. Provided operating leadership in the reductions of inventory ($16M reduction), installation of ERP systems, new product launches, and capital project management.
• Deployed technology-department expertise to develop best practices in JIT inventory management in multiple plants. Eliminated premium freight costs approaching $2M annually, reduced support personnel by 75%, improved inventory accuracies to 99.8%, and increased inventory turns from 12 to 120.
• Negotiated consignment inventory agreements with overseas suppliers for annual cost save exceeding $1M.
• Provided leadership on several short term assignments involving plant consolidations, start ups, new product launches, and plant closings. Transferred assembly equipment (18 cells), robotic welding cells (12), inventory, packaging and tooling from a plant in Tipton, Mo. to Monroe, Mi.
• Set up the inventory flow system for joint venture start up of TISA seat assembly plant in Evansville, In.
• Key member of lean team in the transition of the production of manual seat tracks into a linear flow operation eliminating 12 sub assembly operations.
• Reduced manufacturing/inventory square footage requirements from 750,000 sq. ft. to 350,000 sq. ft.
• Purchasing experience with over seas suppliers.
• Team leader in the installation of new ERP system.
ERP Project Leader
• Successfully lead the installation of ERP software systems in multiple plants in US and Canada.
• Developed best practices and trained personnel resulting in a competitive advantage.
Production Manager, ERP System Project Leader - Multiple Plants, Materials manager - turn around Delphi acquisition and implement new ERP software system
Generated operating savings exceeding $500K through the application of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
Vice President - Manufacturing
Michigan Wheel Corporation
• Restored profitability by reduction in inventory (from $3M to $1M), introduction of improved machining applications, and elimination of waste.
• Consolidated two manufacturing facilities achieving annual savings over $2M. Consolidation involved the shut down of one 50,000 sq. ft. plant and the relocation of two polishing lines (40 cells), electrostatic paint line, machining centers (6), and material racking and inventory into a plant of 200,000 sq. ft.
• Negotiated concessionary union contracts and implemented management culture change for return to profitability. Negotiated new supplier contracts achieving annual savings of $3M.
• Introduced new manufacturing technology in production operations that resulted in expanded market opportunities.
• Lead re-capitalization project of the foundry operations to achieve superior quality with reduced operating costs. Installed new sand system with electronic mixing controls, revised product flow eliminating non value added operations, and reduced manpower by 15%
• Successfully launched the first ERP system in the Company.
• Prepared Company for ownership transition
• Phased out unprofitable product lines (fiberglass tank operations) and out sourced production operations and equipment on sump pump production operations (assembly line and 16 machine centers.
• Enhanced the manufacturing layout and consolidated operations to provide increased throughput with decreased material handling and inventory investment costs.
Bennett Pump Company
• Introduced new manufacturing/quality technology in the production of petroleum dispensing equipment. Introduced CNC technology to both the machine shop and press room to align the business with small lot production capabilities.
• Consolidated machining operations providing increased throughput and reduced inventory costs.
• Negotiated concessionary labor contracts with UAW providing a 15% reduction in costs without a work stoppage.
• Successfully launched new ERP system.
Qualifications & Certifications
MBA - Business Administration
Wayne State University
Divine Child - Dearborn, Mi.
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more