Claim you profile
Overhead power line industry
Balfour Beatty United Group Limited New Zealand
April 2011 - April 2013
April 2011 - April 2013
NIGUP Alliance between BBUGL/Transpower. Largest Infrastructure in NZ, 400kv Transmission Line $330m, 186km, 429 towers. Responsible for supplying all specialist plant and equipment from AUS/UK/Italy/USA and NZ. Managing 14,000 individual pieces of lifting equipment, all Statutory tests and examinations and recording certificates on the bespoke safety system. Also responsible for managing a fleet of 130 4x4 Utes, 14 HGV's, Lifting appliances, wiring machines, winches and cranes.
July 2010 - October 2010
of a new workshop facility for maintenance, servicing and repair of a fleet of 32 recycling trucks. Responsible for purchasing, importation and upgrading trucks from Europe, through the facility and exporting to sister Company in Sri Lanka
Babcock Nuclear Division Leicester
May 2010 - June 2010
Head of Site Services
• Led a team of 3 direct and 71 (including 33 drivers) indirect reports conducting regular Personal Development Reviews and monitoring achievements against KPI's.
• Managed over 45,000 individual pieces of plant and equipment registered on a standalone system for the management, maintenance and examination of Statutory Test Equipment within UK Legislation.
• Supplied and maintained plant, lifting equipment and statutory test equipment to the Electricity Alliance West (JV with Babcock, Amec, Mott MacDonald and National Grid). This being a five year term contract circa T/O £90 million p.a.
• Supplied eDF Southern Electricity 5 year term contract with all plant, lifting equipment and statuary test equipment T/O circa £20 million p.a. Also supplied to Broadcast High Mast division all equipment to 5 contracts circa £12 million p.a.
• Managed annual stocktake valued at £7 million and achieved 0.7% loss.
• Managed team to produce and abide by accurate financial budgets.
• Ensured continuous compliance with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and EMS 14001 through good process controls.
• Controlled compliance by all departments with regard to Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Work Instructions and Safety Reporting.
Relocated and integrated the Communication Division stores - 35,000 sq ft of warehouse,
£2 million of stock, achieving annual savings of £450,000.
• Successfully developed and customised a fleet of unique ex military tracked utility vehicles complete with crane and winch to work on National Grid contracts. Designed with low ground pressure to reduce land damage to increase the drive towards environmental improvements and cost reduction policy.
• Managed and developed a bespoke recording system for plant and equipment requiring test and examination as required by lifting regulations.
• Project managed full building and improvement works on an ex RAF hanger to a modern, 54,000 sq ft office, warehouse and plant workshop facility. Costs circa £445,000
• Successfully visit and negotiate German, Italian and British manufactures of specialist tension machines and tractors designed uniquely for the power line industry, value £875,000
is a leading provider of managed services to the communications, power transmission, utilities and property sectors. Owning, maintaining and managing capital equipment and plant to a value of £40 million replacement value.
• Supplied and maintained plant, lifting equipment and statutory test equipment to National Grid, Broadcast and Communication Division.
• Controlled transport department of 320 vehicles, including 126 cars, 185 vans and 9 HGV's.
• Managed all insurance claims including Motor, Contract All Risking and Public Liability
Starmin PLC Quarry Manager
Production and suppliers of aggregates in Central Counties. Responsible for four limestone quarries and one gravel extraction facility
MG Rubber Company
• Distributors of rubber materials and supply of protective clothing nationwide; T/O £2m pa.
Transport and Warehouse Manager
Responsible for warehouse and transport operations.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Strathclyde
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more