Claim you profile
Sheet Metal Worker
Railroad Sheetmetal Worker
Union Pacific Railroad
September 1998 - July 2013
(Union member local 367 SMWIA)
Waste Water Treatment & Engineering Department
* Responsible for inspecting and properly repairing the plumbing of locomotive systems to include air brake, exhaust system, lube oil, cooling water, air compressor, radiators, and fuel systems.
* Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns and taking appropriate action. May be required to handle hazardous materials.
* Fabricate, cut, shape, and modify items utilizing various methods (e.g. seaming, riveting, brazing, or welding). Utilize pipe threaders, pipe bending, pipe coupling, sheet metal brakes, shears, snaps, metal cutting saws, drills, wire feed welders, oxygen/acetylene cutting torches and repair various components of locomotives.
* Inspect and properly repair piping on the following systems on locomotives: air brakes, exhaust system, lube oil, cooling water, air compressor, radiator, and fuel system. Install, disassemble, assemble, repair, or replace locomotive and diesel engine components as required. Duties included supervising the operation of the Diesel Shop Waste Water Treatment Plant.
* Kept a daily log of activity of three (3) treatment plants. Treated water with chemicals to ensure water had acceptable measures before leaving treatment facility to city.
Training and Certifications
National Technology Transfer, Inc Centennial, CO
* Completed the following training:
➢ Maintenance Welding Procedures
➢ Boiler Operations
➢ Compressor Repair
➢ Pump Maintenance
Class K License for Union Pacific treatment plants in the Chicago area
Skills and Competencies
Extensive training in the following:
* Lock-Out/Tag-Out and its associated engineering rules
* Maintenance Of Away rules
* Water Pretreatment
* Contaminated Water
* Forklift certified
* Fall protection
* Confined space qualified
* CPR qualified
* Attention to detail with strong commitment to accuracy
Qualifications & Certifications
Austin High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more