Claim you profile
Chartered Certified Accountant
• Advanced Accounting skills including- Preparation of Statutory Financial Accounts, Accounting Standards (including S.O.R.P.), Management Accounts and Budgets, Budgetary Control and costing systems, Financial Controls. Taxation.
• Strategic financial management experience has included risk review and assessment (at an educational charity), investment appraisal (discounted cash flow techniques), benchmarking (in the education sector), use of K.P.I.’s, preparation of management consultancy reports (education sector), comparing short-term and medium term cash-flows, acting upon external objectives in preference to internal ones.
• For charity funding, crowdfunding is one of the most interesting fundraising activities in which I am currently involved and in this case related to film-making. It is a new idea to the UK, and popular in the US. Funding involvement in the education sector has been more traditional and there have been contacts with HEFC and FEFC as well as ESF and local authority grants, matched funding etc. Have also been involved in requesting donations, and obtaining sponsorship.
• Systems skills including working through whole of systems development life cycle, risk assessment, internal and external auditing. Introducing and implementing new systems and controls.
• Company Secretarial skills including managing pension scheme, funding and grant applications, insurance claims and legal issues.
• Human resources skills including management, leadership and committed teamwork, motivation and recruitment, goal-setting, organisation, and corporate/staff training and development. Excellent knowledge of employment law.
• Advanced technical skills including usage of various accounting software packages. Computer consultancy. Advanced Excel.
• Communication and organisational skills including assertiveness, listening, communicating, approachability, professionalism, tact, diplomacy, sense of humour, good practical legal knowledge and use of legal language.
L. Hoppen & Co (Chartered Certified Accountants)
From January 2003
Engaged in contractual positions with companies in the following sectors:-
Hospitality, Retail-Ink Cartridges, Web Designer, Motor Supplies and Tailoring, Wholesale-Tailoring, Manufacturing, Building and Cleaning, Childcare/Fostering, Courier, Fishing Tackle, British Gas Corgi contractor.
With positions held of:-
Finance Manager/Internal Accountant, External Accountant, Sage Payroll Trainer.
Undertaking the following activities:-
Preparation of final accounts and submission to Companies House, and H.M.R.C together with Corporation Tax Computations. Advising Directors about how to use tax losses within a group. Dealing with awkward questions from Companies House and H.M.R.C. in respect of financial year end and late penalty fines. Attended P.A.Y.E. visit from H.M.R.C. Teaching Managing Director the legal difference between personal ownership and company ownership. Preparation of government statistical returns. Monthly Cash Flow forecasts. Cash flow and profit projections (review/corrections) for investment purposes. Corrective journal entries and adjustments. Regular check-ups on bad and doubtful debts. Reconciliations and control of: debtors, creditors, Credit Card and other bank accounts, and various other accounts. Reconciliation of inter-company balances with related franchisee companies together with reporting under FRS 8 (SME’s). Preparation of V.A.T. returns. Internal check and corrections, especially on V.A.T. Payroll calculations and making BACS payments to staff and outworkers. Invoicing. Paying Suppliers. Dealing with Local Authorities in respect of late sales ledger payments.
Using Software: Sage, QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
Proprietor-Strategic Business Trainers
Since 1994 has included lecturing at local authority and private colleges; universities, on accounting and business related subjects, including Sage. Involvement with some colleges has been as Academic Head, Head of Business Courses, and even on equity arrangements. With a couple of those colleges I have even prepared management consultancy reports for which I have received very good feedback. Also corporate training, and private tutoring on a one to one basis.
Qualifications & Certifications
IFS University College
A1 (NCFE) Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Learn Direct-Barnet College
City and Guilds 7307
University of East London
Upton House, Clapton E5
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more