Claim you profile
Trainee Assistant manager (soft)
From November 2013
• Responsible for day to day running of soft furnishing department.
• Managing sales team.
• Delegating tasks to team leaders.
• Providing excellant customer service.
• Handling queries and complaints.
• Encouraging, supporting and training sales team.
• Supervising merchandising of department.
• Supervising promotion changes.
• Communicating information from head office to sales team.
January 2009 - November 2013
Turnover 2010 - 2011 £423,661.00
Turnover 2011 - 2012 £691,112.00
Turnover 2012 - 2013 +19% year to date.
• Responsible for the day to day running of the store.
• Accountable for store performance against targets.
• Managing the sales team.
• Delegating tasks through the assistant manager to the rank and file staff.
• Setting sales targets for sales consultants.
• Providing outstanding customer service.
• Handling customer queries and complaints where necessary.
• Encouraging and supporting the sales team.
• Training new members of staff on products and company policies.
• Giving additional help and training, if needed, in areas of weakness.
• Disciplining members of staff when appropriate.
• Managing stock control and stock takes.
• Supervising the merchandising of the store.
• Liaising with suppliers and manufacturers.
• Ensuring accurate store takings records are kept.
• Organising and implementing promotion changes.
• Carrying out staff appraisals.
• Responsible for health and safety within the store.
• Responsible for banking of store takings.
• Regular store review meetings with area manager.
Paul Simon home furnishing superstores,
Dunstable - Store manager.
Store size: 952 M2
September 2006 - December 2008.
• Roles and responsibilities as above.
December 2005 - September 2006
Assisting and supporting the store manager.
• Covering the store manager's responsibilities during their absence.
• Acting as bridge between the store manager and the general staff.
• Making sure all displays are fully stocked and tidied.
• Making sure shop floor is clean, neat and tidy.
• Serving and advising customers on curtains, tracks, blinds and accessories.
• Helping with staff training.
• Visiting customers with complaints or issues.
Sales / Supervisor
June 2004 - December 2005
Advising and serving customers on curtains, curtain tracks and blinds.
• Estimating for the made to measure.
• Cash handling and cashing up.
• Opening and closing store.
• Keeping store point of sale up to date.
• Liaising with on customer orders.
Furzedown hotel, Assistant hotel manager
Taking bookings for the hotel and restaurant
November 1999 - June 2004
Assisting the manager with day to day running of the hotel.
• Taking bookings for the hotel and restaurant.
• Dealing and helping with residents needs.
• Dealing with customer complaints.
• Allocating rooms to guests.
• Serving behind hotel bar and in the restaurant.
• Cash handling.
• Stock taking and ordering.
• Liaising with suppliers and breweries.
Qualifications & Certifications
Great Yarmouth college of further education
Great Yarmouth High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more