I have been a nurses aide for dementia patient and hospice patients. Ran a Dementia unit for almost 5 years. I have done medication chart reviews, payroll, staff scheduling ,in services with families and many more jobs. The main concern is make sure the resident are well taking care of.
* Oversees the unit's daily operations; ensuring jobs are done correctly and efficiently.
* Create and maintain schedule for staff.
* Complete payroll.
* Chart reviews.
* Informs doctors of any changes in residents' conditions.
* Uphold policy and procedure of state legislation, as well as The Bristal's regulations.
* Act as a liaison between residents and their family.
* Run monthly meetings for the families to express their feelings and thoughts concerning their loved ones and the illness.
* Work closely with families and nurses for hospice patients, ensuring their comfort and needs are met.
* Attend meetings, in-services and conferences to continue expanding my knowledge of Alzheimer's/dementia.
* Participate in fundraising events to raise awareness in the general public.
* Oversaw staff.
* Distributed medication.
* Assisted doctors while they examined residents.
* Responsible for ordering the correct medications from the pharmacy.
* If needed, assisted with resident care.
Every year took residents to walk to raise money for Alzheimers research
Alzheimers Bake sale
We sold bake good to raise money for Alzheimer's research.
Qualifications & Certifications
Hicksville High school
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more