Claim you profile
I have had 5 years experience working within the healthcare profession. I have had vast experience working with a variety of clients, providing care in their own homes, in a nursing home and within an educational setting. My recent experience training as Music therapist led me to gain experience working as a therapist for the NHS. I am passionate about providing good quality care and enjoy building relationships with people with an understanding of professional boundaries.
Honorary music therapist position within NHS
May 2013 - June 2013
Children's and young person's mental health center. Ramsey house.
I worked as an honorary music therapist, providing music therapy for a client and his mother. The music therapy sessions were on a short-term basis providing 12 sessions in total.
June 2012 - February 2013
June 2012- Feb 2013. Honorary music therapist position
Ravenswood residential home.
During a placement at Ravenswood during my training as a music therapist, I also volunteered to work as a co-therapist with a group of adults with variety disabilities ranging from autism, pmld and learning difficulties.
March 2010 - September 2010
, Belfast BT11 8BU
• To provide residents of nursing home with full personal care including, washing, dressing and feeding and toileting
• To assist nurses with all aspects of clients care.
• To accompany residents into hospital if health declines and administer basic first aid.
• To keep home clean and high level of care given at all times.
Special needs assistant
Aquinas Diocesan Grammer School
September 2010 - July 2011
18 Ravenhill Rd, Belfast BT6. OBQ
• To assist special needs pupil with daily routine in school.
• To attend meetings with Sen-co and to contribute to any amendments needed for statement for the pupil and complete yearly reports on child's progress.
Gentle Dental Care
February 2009 - March 2010
58 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Antrim BT9 6AF
• To assist dentist in all medical procedures, including implants.
• To provide client with high level of care.
• To ensure high level of organization is maintained to keep all instruments sterilized at all times and high level of customer care provided.
• To work on reception desk when needed, making bookings and providing customer care information.
Kendrick View Dental
September 2008 - February 2009
39 London Rd, Reading RG1 5BL
• To assist dentist with all dental care for client, including surgical procedures.
• To sterilize surgery before and after each client and maintain high levels of cleaning and sterilizing and hygiene to ensure high quality of care for client.
• To make bookings at reception when needed.
• To make orders of stock when needed and high levels of organization in surgery to ensure smooth running of surgical procedures.
Poplars Romania Fundatia Summer School Placements
From August 2008
Summer school for disabled children in Romania.
Poplars church is a charity that also supports summer school placements in Romania to support disabled children to attend a summer school designed to cater for their needs. My role as a volunteer involved facilitated musical sessions for the children and arts and crafts.
Wokingham & Bracknell
December 2007 - June 2008
Suite 6, 19-21, Market House. RG40 1AP.
• To provide personal care to people in need of care in their own homes.
• To ensure medication is administered responsibly, ensuring safety of client.
• To provide client with appropriate care, that client's needs are met and ensuring confidentiality kept at all times.
• Maintain communication with manager to ensure best line of care for client.
Assistant to teacher
The role obtained was to tutor a small group of children aged 7-12, teaching them to play together in a string quartet. This required good organizational skills and the ability to control the children, producing a good result so that they could perform in a concert. Communication skills were essential.
July 2001 Park School, Dartington
-Assistant to teacher
This work experience gave an alternative perspective on education and the how a positive working environment can create respectful and effective teacher/ children relationships. Park School concentrates on the arts but also teaches the mainstream curriculum. To a certain extent the children had a freedom of choice; interestingly this seemed to promote learning and provoked motivation. Good communication and awareness in the classroom was developed from the experience.
Volunteer for RISC
Reading International Solidarity Centre
From August 2007
at the world shop.
Reading International Solidarity Centre (RISC) is an educational development centre based in reading and works with the local community to provide awareness throughout the local schools. My volunteer work in the world shop has given me a broader understanding of how Risc works as a self run organization. My work involves serving customers and maintaining a high level of customer service. I also help with the shop floor and assist towards a goods sales management.
Henley Regatta and Festival
From June 2006
• Excellent presentation was essential
• Ability to work as part of an organized team
• Excellent customer service skills requiring dealing with customer complaints, in a polite and efficient manner.
• Ability to cope in a high stress environment.
From December 2005
Customer service skills required to maintain a polite manner handling customer complaints
Henley Regatta and Festival
June 2003 - October 2003
• Customer Service Assistant
• This requires maintaining good customer service skills while resolving customer complaints.
• To hold an authoritative stature, while working as part of a team.
• Good organization skills needed.
July 2003 - July 2004
Qualifications & Certifications
Music and Psychology
Canterbury Christchurch University
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more