Claim you profile
Outdoor Education Instructor
High Adventure Outdoor Education
From May 2013
Key Skills and Achievements
As an Outdoor Education Instructor I lead various sessions including climbing, high ropes, archery and walking expeditions with groups of up to 12 children aged between 11 and 17. Working with groups including children from varying backgrounds and of varying abilities and often displaying challenging behaviour, my role would also involve mentoring individuals within the team to ensure a positive and valuable experience that will encourage further future development.
During the sessions I am responsible for the safety of the group and the instruction and running of the session which I tailor to the needs and ability of each individual group.
My responsibilities also include checking and maintaining all equipment used during my sessions, such as ropes, helmets and harnesses. I also assist on domestic duties when required.
• Train and support trainee instructors.
• Responsible for leading groups off site on day long hikes over various terrain with groups of mixed ability, whilst maintaining enthusiasm and energy.
• Encourage and motivate teams in innovative ways using various methods.
• Facilitate Team building.
• Encourage respect and support between team members.
• Help group members overcome fears through positive reinforcement.
• Monitor and report on progress of individuals.
Weekend & Evening/Voluntary Employment
Newport Rock Shropshire Climbing Centre
As a casual employee at the climbing centre, I instruct and supervise groups such as scouts or parties, in climbing and bouldering, advising of health and safety rules and warm up activities.
* Engage all members of the group so that everyone feels at ease and comfortable with what they will be doing.
* Ensure that all members of the group are aware of potential dangers and Health and safety rules to ensure they have fun in a safe environment.
* Demonstrate how to correctly use a harness before checking that they are fitted correctly.
* Instruct how to tie basic knots to tie...
Specialist Safeguarding Team
Staffordshire County Council
September 2012 - August 2013
Key Skills and Achievements
• Working with the Team Manager, I provide a high level of administrative support to the Safeguarding Social Work Team.
• Produce and distribute detailed meeting minutes.
• Provide advice and guidance to the Team Manager and Social Work Team in the use of the directorate IT facilities.
• Maintain and monitor highly confidential service user record databases to ensure the effective communication between the Social Work Team and Support Services.
• Undertake research and gather information to update and complete records for use by the Social Work Team. This includes liaison with external agencies.
• Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, including receipt and payment of cash, placing orders and ensuring payment of accounts through the County Councils finance system.
• Diary management, including finding the availability of attendees for conferences and room bookings.
District Manager, I
May 2012 - August 2012
was responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to all libraries within the district.
• Accurate detailing and production of word processed documents such as meeting minutes.
• The production of excel documents to analyse and present relevant data.
• Responding to customer comments and general correspondence.
• Producing and maintaining accurate staff records.
• Using SAP, process all invoices and purchase orders for all libraries in the Cannock District.
• Procurement: - negotiate and agree the best price for all items required for both the day to day running of the libraries, as well as for events organised by the Library Development Officers.
• Diary Management - organise and maintain the effective use and running of the meeting facilities from meeting with prospective customers to raising invoices for payment.
• Sickness and Absence Reporting - Maintaining confidentiality, record and report all periods of sickness/absence for all library staff in the Cannock District using SAP.
• Managing petty cash, payment and cheque expenditure for all libraries.
April 09 - October 09 Travelling around South East Asia
Finance and Admin Assistant
Cannock District Libraries
October 2009 - September 2012
CPL Designs PLC
May 2008 - April 2009
Key Skills and Achievements
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, I had financial control of design and refurbishment projects within my division from 200k to 2million in value.
• Producing detailed reports to be presented to senior management regarding both finance and customer service.
• Working to strict deadlines, I produced accurate applications and invoices quantifying works complete. In addition, I was responsible for checking all invoices received were correct before authorising payment.
• Completing project administration to ensure efficient communication between all areas of the business and sub contractors to maintain the smooth running of each project.
• Creating and maintaining excel data bases to monitor and control project performance.
• Organising and attending meetings with team and sub contractors to discuss expectations and agree project timescales and progression.
Qualifications & Certifications
Paget High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.