Supervisor of Reception
St. Andrews Hospice
• Supervise and lead a team of 6 employees and approximately 40 volunteers.
• Supervise volunteers and offer ongoing training on a daily basis.
• Oversee the organisation of staff and volunteer rotas, and identify weak areas where assistance and training are most needed.
• Participate in the Interview process of potential candidates joining our team.
• Communicate well with the general public on a daily basis, often with sensitivity if required.
• Always bringing awareness of the Hospice to the public where possible by continually being an ambassador for our organisation.
• When possible and if required, assist appeals department with raffle prizes, enhancing them creatively to help raise funds.
The Flower Shop Coatdyke
Assisted in the Management of shop. Duties included taking orders, making floral designs organising deliveries and stock, working with the public, window dressing, cash handling and "cashing up" at end of day.
• Position included all aspects of floristry, multi-tasking effectively, wedding flower design, bridal consultations, funeral tribute design, and dealing with customers with professionalism and often sensitivity as required.
• Heavy workload had to be dealt with efficiency and timeously.
St. Andrew's Hospice
• Stay at home mother due to birth of daughter in 1994.
• Cared for my grandmother during these years as she had throat cancer, which in turn initiated my initial association with St. Andrew's Hospice.
• Work from home on floral orders as requested from repeat custom.
Travel Consultant Toronto
• Assisted with the day to day running of the company.
• Performed administrative tasks such as answering phones, faxing, typing, filing etc.
• Booked flights, travel packages, and offered travel consultation for clients and tour groups.
• Participated in regular marketing events and road shows.
The Bridal Shop Airdrie
• Self-employed within store.
• Full Bridal consultation to meet Bride's needs.
• Prepared bridal and bridesmaids bouquets to order, as well as specialising in exclusive handmade head dresses.
Stay at home mother due to birth of daughter in 1986.
Floristry Department Supervisor Safeway Airdrie
• Managed Floristry Department in store, including dealing with public, working as part of a small team, managing stock, ordering, and taking orders.
• Prepared 'pre-arranged' flowers and gift baskets for sale, as well as completing customer orders.
The Flower Shop Motherwell
• Commenced apprenticeship in Floristry.
• Silver medal for Scotland for 'Flower Arranging'.
• Trained extensively in all aspects of Floral Art, learning everything that encompasses the trade, including the creative side of floristry, the retail side of floristry placing orders, cash handling, cashing up, rotation of stock; ordering stock; dealing with the public.on a daily basis, working as part of a close team.
• Mastered the art of every aspect of the florist trade and how to consult effectively with clients. Experienced working to deadlines, multi -tasking well and how to respond efficiently.
• Assisted customers with their purchases.
• Cash handling and cashing up.
• Organised stock room.
• Dressed display windows in store.
• Obtained college qualification in 'Window Dressing' through this position.
Qualifications & Certifications
entry level Bookkeeping and Accounts
Glasgow College of Commerce
Art, English, Maths and History
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more