International Project Development
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Design and development of international projects
- Quantitative and qualitative research (field visits, stakeholder interview, literature research and analysis) to define the scope of the project (key goals, budget, timing, etc)
- Creative conception of the project (procedures, partners, suppliers, channels, work stages, etc)
- Establish and manage collaborative relationships with partners (within the public and private sector, in different cultural contexts)
- Coordination of work across team, partners and suppliers, in same or different countries and languages
- Client management: reporting on project stage, regular contact to follow up on project procedures
- Written and oral communication adapted to all kind of stakeholders for the execution of the project
- Partner and/or user feedback collection
- Methodology definition and documentation creation for field research
- Other project communications tasks: briefing; documentation of the procedures, challenges, learnings, results and impact; regular reporting to client/partner; final report
Social Enterprise Fellow
Villgro Innovations Foundation (India)
September 2012 - September 2013
Social Enterprise Fellow: Communications and Partnerships
Villgro Innovations Foundation – Biosense Technologies, Chennai and Mumbai (India)
One of 8 fellows selected out of 214 applicants for fellowship program at Villgro, Indian social enterprise investor and incubator.
Communications and partnership development with Biosense Technologies, a Villgro incubatee that has developed a revolutionary non-invasive technology to screen anemia in underserved areas.
As final part of program, development and deployment of a communications strategy for Villgro's portfolio, and partnerships building with media and organisations.
Guest writer at NextBillion.net
Local development agent: Small and Medium Enterprise International Development
Barcelona Activa - City Council of Barcelona , Barcelona (Spain)
June 2010 - August 2012
Design and management of business internationalisation programs and services for local SMEs.
Local and international public-private collaborative projects. Individual advising to SMEs on international development.
Learning trips for SMEs, investors and institutions to Brazil, China, South Korea and
Silicon Valley (USA).
Conduction of SMEs internationalization workshops.
Learning trips for SMEs, investors and institutions to Brazil, China, South Korea and Silicon Valley
2010 (Brazil, China ,South Corea); 2011 (Silicon Valley, Brazil, China); 2012 (Silicon Valley)
Design, management and accompaniment to Catalan SMEs, investors and institutions in international business learning trips. Collaborative project development with international stakeholders (government agencies, SMEs, large corporations, private investors, associations, academic and scientific institutions...).
Project manager: International transfer of organization
05. 2009 – 05. 2010
Management and supervision of youth hostels portal transfer from Germany to Spain. Development of new business strategies in marketing and international development; cooperation and communication with public and private sector.
Main areas of work
1) In depth analysys of the German company
- day to day activities of the company
- long term business and communication strategies
- duties of the workers and collaborators of the company
- research 30+ suppliers of the company and their contracts in force
- information about the technology used for the on-line booking platform, licenses and technological contracts in force
- financial study of the company
- Contract of an external technical due diligence
2) Design and execution of a transfer plan for the organisation (i.e. knowledge, human resources, technological, legal and logistic)
3) Creation of a Spanish company and set up of a new office in Barcelona in order to continue the activity of the German company (training of new team; definition of new organisation strategies and hiring of new suppliers and collaborators in Barcelona)
4) Coordinate legal and logistical closure of the German company
This whole process had several positive outcomes. For me, it was a continued source of learning, as I had to deal with multiple subjects for the first time, and therefore learn them. I had also to be able to coordinate until forty different working areas, which improved my capacity of organisation and my efficiency.
On another level, this process allowed this organisation to continue living, and therefore continue offering jobs. As there were only few competitors in the market of the hostel booking platforms, the fact of having avoided the closure of this platform involved a positive outcome for hostels as well, as they would be less dependent from concrete booking platforms through the increase of the competition.
Junior consultant: International development for SMEs
01. 2007 – 06. 2008
ACC1Ó - Government of Catalonia, Paris (France)
Internationalisation project development for multi sector Catalan SMEs.
Examples of projects:
- International expansion for youth tourism company.
- Benchmarking study in north France for Catalan nautical association.
- Benchmarking study and learning trip design, management and accompaniment for Spanish professional association.
ToucHb, needle free anemia screening device, visits Barcelona
Creative conception, script, production, shooting and editing (home-user camera and software) of video for Biosense Technologies, Indian social enterprise developing diagnostic technologies for low-resource areas.
General presentation of anaemia screening device ToucHb and interview to three tropical medicine experts from Barcelona (Spain).
Instructions of use: ToucHb, needle free anemia screening device
Creative conception, script, production, shooting and editing (home-user camera and software) of instructions video for Biosense Technologies, Indian social enterprise developing diagnostic technologies for low-resource areas.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more