• Handling all microbiological works from Media preparation to analysis.
• Microbiological Analysis for Pathogens (as per BAM - US FDA method) & interpretation of Microbial results. Pathogens analyzed - Total Plate Count, Staphylococcus, Enterobacteria, Coliforms, E.coli, Sulphite reducing Clostridium, Salmonella, Yeasts & Moulds
• Microbiological Analysis of Raw material, In-process & processed food, Potable water, Packing materials and Sanitation samples.
• Monitoring of Environment in Central Kitchen & other areas which includes visual checking as per the Daily Quality Hygiene checklist, Plate Exposure and Swab Testing.
• Incoming Raw Material Inspection to Finished Products Inspection of Sea foods, Poultry, Vegetables, Fruits, Culinary Herbs, Spices, Dairy products & other ingredients.
• Sensory evaluation, Organoleptic analysis,
• Monitoring & recording of Time & Temperatures of food as per the CCP requirements. (Cooking, Blast chilling, Chilled, Frozen, etc.)
• Reporting to Q.A. Manager & ensuring quality of Food.
• Preparation & updating QC Test Data Sheets.
• Packing, Labeling, Shelf life & Dispatch works.
• Preparation / Modification of formats, checklists, Pathogen Monitoring Plan, etc. to keep the quality system updated.
• Arranging of Food & water samples for external test as per ISO & FSSAI requirements.
• Monitoring and Internal Auditing of HACCP system in the Central Kitchen.
• Stock Maintenance of Media / Chemicals & Glass wares.
• Knowledge of Glass Policy, Allergen Policy & Shelf Life analysis of finished products.
• Chemical Analysis for estimation of Chlorine percentage in Sodium hypochlorite solution.
• Individual training (ITR) of newly arriving staff
Senior Officer, Quality Control
Accelerated Freeze Drying Company Ltd
March 1999 - January 2014
with an annual production capacity of 550 metric tons per annum of finished products. This Company was set up in 1986. The Cochin facility processes only marine products. The Bangalore facility processes freeze dried Spices, Vegetables, Peppercorns, culinary herbs, tropical fruits, nutraceuticals & cosmeceutical ingredients.
The manufacturing facilities have all the required international certifications. The Company has been in the Freeze dried business for over two decades. Exports are to Japan, the European Union, United States of America, Australia and New Zealand. Local sales to Nestle, ITC, Symega, IndoNissin, Nuthatch, etc. Now also producing for Indian Markets under the brand name of KEYA.
WORK PROFILE - Quality Control:
• Monitoring the Incoming Raw Material Inspection to Finished Products Inspection of Spices, Vegetables, Fruits, Culinary Herbs, Nutraceuticals, Sea foods & ingredients.
• Sensory evaluation, Organoleptic analysis & Microbiological Analysis for Pathogens (as per BAM - US FDA method / EIA / Nestle methods) & interpretation of Microbial results.
• Pathogens analyzed - Total Plate Count, Staphylococcus, Enterobacteria, Coliforms, E.coli, Streptococcus, Sulphite reducing Clostridium, Salmonella, Vibrio cholerae, Yeasts & Moulds
• Microbiological Analysis of Potable water, Packing materials and Sanitation samples.
• Monitoring of Environment in Production & other areas which includes Plate Exposure and Swab Testing.
• Sterilization, Media preparation, Culturing & Staining.
• Catalase & Peroxidase enzyme activity in blanched vegetables.
• Reporting to Q.C. Manager & ensuring quality of products according to Buyer's specifications.
• Handling enquiries of all Products regarding quality, Customer complaints, Rework, etc.
• Preparing and updating QC Test Data Sheets, Registers as per FSMS, ISO 22000:2005.
• Pre-shipment / Shipment checklist, Shipment counter samples & consignment works.
• Certificate of Analysis (COA) for quality to buyers.
February 1997 - March 1999
in KHODAY BIOTEK - Tissue culture division.
• Plant sub-culturing, maintenance of growth room, sample collection / location
• Environmental sampling, control of microbial contamination & sanitation.
Qualifications & Certifications
Chemistry, Botany & Microbiology
Maharani's Science College (Bangalore University)
Vinayaka Mission University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more