Larry has published two university-level textbooks in the field of  language arts for English teachers and  ESL teachers. The former is in its third edition and has been translated into Korean.
In retirement he has published two novels and is at work on #3. Additionally, he writes poetry and enjoys doing things with words.
He is a United Methodist and is active in pulpit supply, preaching when full-time pastors are out of town or absent for other reasons. He has considerable facility with language and is an excellent public speaker.
Larry has a firm command of the English language, as his publications and public speaking abilitirs will attest.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
August 1969 - February 2008
• Professor Emeritus (Ret.) February 19, 2008.
• Interim Chair, Department ofCurriculum & Instruction, 2000 to 2002
• Visiting Fellow, University of London Institute of Education, Spring 1990. Department of Linguistics and Department of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
• Professor of English and Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, 1986 to 2008
• Assistant Executive Vice President and Provost, University of Nebraska System, 1983 to 1986.
• Assistant to the Chancellor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1980-83.
• Assistant Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1977-82.
• Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1976-1977.
• Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1974-1976.
• Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, 1969-1974.
• English teacher, Iowa Public Schools, 1963-66.
Reader, Novelist, Poet
University of London
Spring Semester, 1990-91 AY
Qualifications & Certifications
Columbia, MO: Home of the Kewpies, David Henry Hickman High School
BS, 1963; MA, 1967; Phd, 1969.
University of Missouri-Columbia
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more