over 35 years programming on a Unisys Clearpath Mainframe system using COBOL, DMSII, WFL, CANDE, Programmer Workbench and other software as needed. Designed, programmed, documented and trained systems over the years. Worked with Database design group to design and install various databases and program for updates and reports from same.
Programmer / Analyst
Booz Allen Hamliton
October 2009 - October 2013
October 2009 - October 2013
Help design, develop, write or modify Mainframe Cobol programs using formal specifications, data flow, diagrams and other development techniques to enhance the current Order Writing system. Performance test various programs and applications prior to them being released for productions. During testing, I created, loaded and verify test data to various DMSII databases. Provided test plans and test results and feed back from the testing using formatted output documents, both provided or created, as needed. Assisted other team members in setting up or verifying test data using Unisys DMSII Inquiry tools, dump and load programs or loading test files from production data.
Associate III - Programmer Analyst
GSA - Procurement
February 2008 - October 2009
February 11, 2008 - October 2009
Program and maintain the GSA Procurement ordering and reporting systems using Cobol, workflow language and DMSII databases. Write or modify programs to enhance the current system and provide reporting as needed. Design, modify and update system documentation including system flow and program data flow of the Procurement system using Microsoft Office Visio and Microsoft Word. Designed Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to track programs with program name, files, databases and reports. Helped modify and verify program testing and Peer Review documents to be used on each program as needed. Created a Power Point presentation to be used as a guide for the Audit report review by team members. Use DMSII Inquiry programs to verify data changes, updates and output data for report files.
Manager of Systems and Programming
Maryland State Lottery Agency
July 2001 - July 2006
• Managed 4 programmer analysts and a Database Specialist.
• Evaluated system change requests from users as they come in.
• Gathered all of the requirements needed for work requests such as data collection, data storage and reporting.
• Wrote the requirements and documentation for work to be done.
• Evaluated the testing of the work after it had been completed.
• Did a follow up with the end users to ensure the change requests were completed to their specifications.
• Checked the documentation for the Operations staff to make sure it is correctly formatted and understandable and clearly written and has recovery procedures.
• Worked closely with the CIO and Deputy Directory to plan new promotions and changes to the Operating system as needed.
• Help resolve system issue as they come up with the end users.
• Helped plan recovery procedures for all online systems and databases.
• Worked with the Operations Manger and Supervisor to resolve any operations issues.
• Meet with the CIO, Deputy Director and other Managers in the IT Division to set operating and recovery procedures or to modify procedures to meet the guide lines set forth by the State of Maryland.
• Worked with the Database Specialist and Finance Department to document a new Bond and Annuity database system converting the old system from flat sequential files to a database system with enhanced screens and reports.
• Worked with the Database Specialist to create and test a new game reporting database.
• Worked with the Maryland State Auditors to Audit the Lottery's IT Change Management procedures.
• Configured Online programs such as Check writing, Subscription input or update and game database update programs on our Transaction Server Interface.
Business Analyst and Department Supervisor
March 1979 - February 2001
• Supervised 2 people overseeing the daily operations.
• Aided in Analyzing changes to the daily operations and system flow.
• Worked closely with the IT Manager and Executive staff to convert a manual First Aid system by designing and programming a First Aid Inventory system that resulted in the growth of the First Aid division of the business making over a million dollars a year.
• Created and helped document Inquiry programs for the field offices to view customer and Accounts Receivable data on the Mainframe system remotely using Xgen(currently OpenWare), a screen generator and Cobol applications software program.
• Helped designed and write all of the operating manuals and system documentation for the operations staff and end users.
October 1976 - March 1979
Involved with the conversion from a Magnetic tape system to a mainframe and a
smaller data entry system.
• Wrote programs to transfer and test the data from one system to the other.
• Did parallel testing of all phases of the data for accuracy.
• Worked with the end users for training or to make any changes needed or requested as testing was performed.
• Updated or created all documentation for the conversion and new System.
September 1975 - October 1976
• Responsible for updating the payroll records to the weekly master file, updating daily sales accounting files, daily inventory files and daily accounts receivable files.
• Balancing the daily accounting reports with the daily business reports for each location.
• Did the daily backups for each system onto magnetic tapes.
Qualifications & Certifications
Howard Community, Howard Co, Maryland
Computer Learning Center, Dale Carnegie
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more