Claim you profile
I am a highly organized individual and self-starter with a passion for event planning/management. My experience includes, but is not limited to, event planning, process development and improvement, training implementation and execution, data and budget management, and cultivating vendor partnerships and relationships.
I have been involved in planning and executing an AAU tournament, the launch of a young professionals group at Dollar General, the operations and execution of two company field leadership meetings with Dollar General, and the planning and executing of the past two annual Black History Month Gala's at Dollar General.
Licensing Coordinator/Merchandise Assistant
Obtained beer and wine licenses in over 4,600 stores across 20 states through collaboration with field
employees, government offices, and other Dollar General teams
• Served as Store Operations point of contact for 4 divisions, 41 regions, 390 districts, and over 6,000 stores regarding beer and wine processes and troubleshooting
• Created an extensive Access database to increase direct team's accuracy in managing/reporting of all required data for over 10,000 stores
• Trained and managed 10 tobacco temporary employees during research phase
• Resolved violations and manager conflicts to ensure proper compliance was met
• Scheduled, managed, and tracked live employ training for over 3900 Louisiana store employees
• Lead conference calls for regions, districts, and stores to present licensing rollout procedures, set process, and preparation for selling
• Tracked and entered all sales restrictions pertaining to licensed stores
• Coordinated vendor product pickup or transfers for relocating/closing stores
• Presented highlights of role and accomplishments at 2012 Quarterly Department Meeting
• Assisted in the operation and execution of the company Field Leadership Meeting
• Assisted in the development of standardized beer/wine field processes
• Partner with vendors to ensure the juice, drink mix, water, non carb, ice, wine, and liquor categories are properly
• Manage new vendor/new item setup, vendor contracts, and retail/cost changes
Event Operations Intern
Knox Vegas Heat Men's Classic
• Developed process for organizing, prioritizing, and completing tasks in preparation for tournament
• Recruited & Managed tournament staff and volunteers
• Secured sponsorships by cultivating relationships with local business managers and owners
Student and Counselor's Assistant/Manager University of Tennessee
• Organized and maintained over 27,000 student advising files
• Scheduled advising appointments for current and potential students
• Completed academic audits to determine course requirements for student athletes to graduate in a
• Managed team practices & games for Lady Volunteers Volleyball
Dollar General Black History Month Gala 2013 & 2014
I am an active member of the Dollar General African American Employee Resource Group, and am in charge of the committee that puts on the annual Black History Gala. I am responsible for selecting and securing the venue, band, caterer, rentals, sponsorships, and product donation. I also assist in the selection of our celebrity guest speaker which has included Jerome Bettis and Sugar Ray Leonard. I have listed links for the photo galleries for both events. Please check them out.
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more