• Nursery establishment and its maintenance (soil treatment, disease and pest control and plant feeding programmes)
• parks and garden Design, construction, establishing and maintainance of Parks and gardens
• Designing of Park/garden features and the maintenance.
• Lawn and Turf growing, management and maintenance
staff management, reporting for farmers
From April 2011
Personal projects and Agro consultancy April 2011 to present
• Developing systems such as work planning, staff management, reporting for farmers
• Weed and pest control
• Managing, supervising and training staff in harvesting techniques and post harvest techniques.
• Organising all farming activities associated with crop production including machinery operation, repairs, maintenance, agronomy and all aspects of chemical application
• Working with agronomists and farm owners to achieve production targets
• Managing farm budget for farmers
• Sourcing and supervising contractors
• Conducting OH&S hazard identification and risk assessments
• Suggested several major improvements to operations that resulted in increased efficiency and productivity
• Managed successful to have farmers produce
• Managed successful pest eradication program
• Worked alongside the Farm Operations Managers to perform the responsibilities listed above as smoothly and efficiently as possible
• Helped with staff supervision
1. ALICEDALE FARM Key Result Area (KRA)
Contract Farm Manager
March 2008 - April 2011
Maintain the business capital and prepare strategic direction for the improvement of the business.
-Deal with financial aspects by controlling income and expenses.
-Take decision on the kind of crops to be grown.
-Choose the area for plantation and the livestock to be raised.
-Plan for the different farming activities.
-Estimate the cost of operating and order supplies.
-Recruit and conduct training for new joiners.
-Take fine steps to minimize environmental degradation.
-Analyse and evaluate environmental effects of farming activities and repair the damages.
Tobacco (flue cured)
Managed the:- Production of seedlings, Transplanting of seedlings
• Fertilising process, Pest and disease control
• Weeding tops and suckers, Reaping, curing, storage and grading
• Bailing labelling and transportation to the auction floors.
Poultry, Piggery and livestock management
Managed the: Rearing of day old chick chicks and the growing stock
• Proper bird or animal nutrition application and correction (deficiencies, excesses and toxicity)
• Designed and supervised the construction of Housing systems and floor types and their maintenance
• Control and minimising disease and Infections and stress management
• Sows and Boar management for breeding
• supervised Land preparation, irrigation layout and fumigation (greenhouse plants and field vegetables)
• Established vegetable nursery - Seed planting, seedlings growing, hardening and handling
• Post harvest handling techniques of all fresh vegetables
• Disease and pest control in most vegetables.
• Land preparation
• Sprouting of the tubers
• Planting of seeds in the field
• Fertilization of the crop
• Earthing up, weeding and pest and disease control
• Harvest and post harvest handling and storage of potatoes
• Marketing and transportation to the market.
- Successfully brought the farm back to life.
- produced weekly broiler batches of 300...
garden and parks maintenance as an assistant
2001 - 2006 studying in United Kingdom
Worked part time in
• Did voluntary work in different respite homes
• garden and parks maintenance as an assistant
• Garden designing using computer software
2. CITY OF HARARE (HARARE MUNICIPALITY) - Key Result Area (KRA)
(Achievement: was awarded a scholarship by City of Harare to study Horticulture.)
• Established plant Nursery and its maintenance (soil treatment, disease and pest control and plant feeding programmes)
• Designed, constructed, established and maintained Parks and gardens for the city of Harare.
• Designed and supervised the construction Park/garden features and the maintenance.
• Supervised Lawn and Turf growing, management and maintenance
- Established 3 parks for the municipality and 1 nursery
- Participated in national event celebrations/commemorations decorations (responsible for plants decorations at the national heroes acre, and national independency celebrations)
FLORICULTURE - CUTFLOWER PRODUCTION
• Designed, constructed and maintained the greenhouses
• Designed and installed the irrigation systems and layout.
• Supervised the Greenhouse climate control and maintenance
• Supervised the growing and pest and disease control of the flower (greenhouse flowers and field flowers)
• Supervised the harvesting and the post harvest treatment of the flowers.
• Prepared the packaging, shipping and marketing documents of the flowers
• Programmed the Fertigation and plant feeding programmes (Fertilizer application)
- Started the Cut flower project from the ground and successfully constructed the greenhouse, produced and marketed the cut flowers to the European market and the local market as well.
January 1991 - October 2000
Qualifications & Certifications
Institute for the Management of Information Systems