Somerset County Board of Social Services
From May 2011
* Interviewed and assess client's needs for financial assistance housing.
East Orange Revitalization & Development Corp
From March 2004
* As the Executive Director of East Orange Revitalization and Development Corporation (EORDC) my responsibilities included over seeing all programs, services, activities and facilities and insuring that all program activities are met. In addition I hired, trained and evaluated staff in accordance with agency policies and state and federal law; my duties further included facilitating annual strategic planning process with appropriate staff and Board of Trustee involvement; preparation of annual budget for Board of Trustee review and approval.
* Monitored receipts, expenditures, cash flow and report to Board of Trustees for the resolution of problems in correcting therewith; attentive to potential issues and opportunities that may affect the agency and insure that appropriate actions are taken.
* All appropriate issues and policy decisions are brought to the Board of Trustees by me in a timely manner for resolution; to provide an atmosphere that stimulates and motivates the Board of Trustees interest and enthusiasm, and carried out the expressed decisions of the Board of Trustees.
* In connection with the development of funds, I maintained public relations through and established and maintained contact with key individuals, local, county, state and federal government, other not for profit agencies and the business sector to further agencies image and reputation; applied for all funds budgeted fro outside sources, and kept Board informed. Planned and implemented annual fund drive.
* Researched potential new sources of funds for existing programs ensured that all staff and volunteers who interacted with the public did so in an informed and effective manner.
* Developed 12 units of affordable housing, new construction.
Neighborhood Housing & Revitalization
From June 1998
* Direct, planned and implemented programs designed to rehabilitate, preserve, or restore residential and non-commercial buildings. Responsible for the administration of over $2.5 million.
* Certified over 70 new homebuyers to receive federal direct assistance loans, supervised professional staff and clerical support staff, met with developers, consultants, homeowners, contractors, municipal, county, state officials regarding housing issues.
The Lamb's Center, Inc
From August 1985
Managed two educational facilities for children, ages ranging 2 months to 12 years of age. Developed and implemented comprehensive, holistic educational plans.
The Urban League of Essex County
Developed student's marketable abilities, secured positions for students with local corporations participating under the EEC.
Certified Housing Counselor
Urban League of Essex County
HUD certified and trained housing counselor. Expanded the consumer education for available housing assistance, social services and client credit counseling. Secured vital documents from clients for local, state and federal programs, recommended forbearance agreement plans on behalf of mortgagors to lending institutions.
Qualifications & Certifications
Lighthouse Christian College
Early Childhood Education
Essex County College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more